[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Live and Let Dy - Rookie Draft

Brentastic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to that, McD traded up to get TE Quinn last year at the end of the 2nd round. McD clearly appreciates the TE position, but is unable to get his TEs to do what he wants or can't draft for crap. I'm sure that someone else in STL made the draft choices, so I suspect that Kendricks will be used often.

I'll have to go back and review or mayne someone here has the answer but didn't Kendricks had nearly has high a vertical jump as Thomas did? One reason I wanted Thomas was because of that vertical jump but if I recall, Kendricks wasn't far off from that.

2.05 - Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB - I desparately need a QB and since my main target Dalton was drafted one spot earlier ( :wacko: ) I took the best QB on the board. I was surprised that he was available considering he was the 4th QB taken (Newton, Ponder, Dalton) and he was my #2 QB, so it worked out pretty good. Although I still think Dalton ends up being the top QB from this class.

3.05 - Gates, Edmond MIA WR - Could have taken Greg Salas or Tandon Doss but opted for Gates. With 12 WRs already drafted, the pickings were slim obviously but I am in deparate need of WRs as the team I inherited was horrible in all facets, especially WR. Gates was a superstar at a small school but has more upside, imo. Apparently he's more polished than Johnny Knox who attended the same school.

4.05 - Bradford, Allen TBB RB - I like this guys combo of size and speed. He's 5-11 and 242 lbs but runs the 40 in the 4.5 range. I think he could be 2nd on the depth chart behind Blount and possibly sharing carries with him.

5.03 - Taylor, Tyrod BAL QB - This was purely a value pick since I need QBs and only have Flacco on my roster and just drafted Gabbert, I decided to take a flyer on the potential backup to Flacco (my starter). I realize 'running' QBs rarely make it in the NFL but this guy has potential. He was named ACC Player of the Year in 2010 as well as offensive player of the year. His stats suggest that he may be more than just an athletic QB by thowing for 2500+ yards and 23 TDs with only 4 ints (60.5% completion rate). He also rushed for 637 yards and five scores. He started 2 full seasons (2009, 2010) and played 600 snaps in 12 games as a freshman. Plus, Ozzie Newsome is one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL and he was insistent that they draft this kid. Again, totally worth the flyer to me.

2.05 - Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB - I desparately need a QB and since my main target Dalton was drafted one spot earlier ( :wacko: ) I took the best QB on the board. I was surprised that he was available considering he was the 4th QB taken (Newton, Ponder, Dalton) and he was my #2 QB, so it worked out pretty good. Although I still think Dalton ends up being the top QB from this class.

3.05 - Gates, Edmond MIA WR - Could have taken Greg Salas or Tandon Doss but opted for Gates. With 12 WRs already drafted, the pickings were slim obviously but I am in deparate need of WRs as the team I inherited was horrible in all facets, especially WR. Gates was a superstar at a small school but has more upside, imo. Apparently he's more polished than Johnny Knox who attended the same school.

4.05 - Bradford, Allen TBB RB - I like this guys combo of size and speed. He's 5-11 and 242 lbs but runs the 40 in the 4.5 range. I think he could be 2nd on the depth chart behind Blount and possibly sharing carries with him.

5.03 - Taylor, Tyrod BAL QB - This was purely a value pick since I need QBs and only have Flacco on my roster and just drafted Gabbert, I decided to take a flyer on the potential backup to Flacco (my starter). I realize 'running' QBs rarely make it in the NFL but this guy has potential. He was named ACC Player of the Year in 2010 as well as offensive player of the year. His stats suggest that he may be more than just an athletic QB by thowing for 2500+ yards and 23 TDs with only 4 ints (60.5% completion rate). He also rushed for 637 yards and five scores. He started 2 full seasons (2009, 2010) and played 600 snaps in 12 games as a freshman. Plus, Ozzie Newsome is one of the best talent evaluators in the NFL and he was insistent that they draft this kid. Again, totally worth the flyer to me.

I liked your draft. You beat me to the punch on players I wanted in the 4th and 5th rounds. Why the hell did I invite you to this league?

I liked your draft. You beat me to the punch on players I wanted in the 4th and 5th rounds. Why the hell did I invite you to this league?

Ha ha.

Seriously though, I appreciate the kind words. We'll see if my draft translates to quality fantasy football production.

You'll need a lot more than "quality fantasy football production."

seriously. A lot more. I will crush everyone.

:wacko:

With the team I inherited, you're right. I've already quadrupled the potential of my team by the genius trades I've made so far. But I have a long way to go.

I was hoping you'd smack me down, but okay, that works too.

I'll do my smackdown on the 'field'.

Hey guys, I just realized we are using this forum to discuss league-specific information and this may or may not be offensive to other huddlers who would rather read threads discussing generic values or averages. Even though said huddlers can choose to open this thread or not, we may be violating the hopes and dreams of other huddlers who have a more simplified and general idea of what a fantasy discussion board is meant for. I propose we make a list of rules to adhere by so that nobody will be offended by this abuse of a free message board.

I appreciate what you're saying, but I think a thread like this is exactly what a message board like this would want. I say that if the mods and admins are okay with it that we worry not.

I'm being facetious. See Bronco Billy's 1st post in the 'Top 60 Rookies...' thread.

Hey guys, I just realized we are using this forum to discuss league-specific information and this may or may not be offensive to other huddlers who would rather read threads discussing generic values or averages. Even though said huddlers can choose to open this thread or not, we may be violating the hopes and dreams of other huddlers who have a more simplified and general idea of what a fantasy discussion board is meant for. I propose we make a list of rules to adhere by so that nobody will be offended by this abuse of a free message board.

Rule 1) Being a complete dick will cause you to draw fire from others. Either grow a pair & deal with it or stop being such a dick.

Rule 2) No one cares about your team except you. Stop thinking that anyone gives a damn about your team specifically.

Rule 3) If you are going to be a ##### about another thread, have the balls to whine about it in that thread, instead of sniping from another thread.