[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL get used to seeing this a lot!

rajncajn

Championship!!! :wacko:

New Orleans Saints rookie tailback Mark Ingram joins teammates for workouts at Tulane

New Orleans Saints rookie tailback Mark Ingram has joined his new teammates in recent days for their player workouts at Tulane University.

Ingram, who has been working out throughout the offseason with local trainer Wyatt Harris at Sonic Boom academy in Jefferson, was hesitant to join the Saints' workout program at first since he's not under contract yet and doesn't have injury protection. But he decided that it would benefit him to learn the Saints' offensive plays and terminology, as well as start developing chemistry with his new teammates.

Get used to seeing these guys alot too. :tup:

Even if Newton turns out to be total bust, the NFC South just got brutally tough with Jones, Ingram and Bowers added to 3 already-contenders.

We're the SEC of the NFL. :lol:

One will be a pro-bowler, one will be average, one will be a bust. Not sure which will be which.

That's just silly. Way to go out on a limb. :wacko:

Jones will be slightly above average, but not the FF gold he's being predicted for. White is the star & Turner is their workhorse. There's just not enough touches to go around & I still say Ryan is quite overrated in NFL circles. Bowers could be a pro-bowler & I think that he will play to that level when he is healthy, but the types of injuries he has are something that can nag a DL for his entire career. Ingram, I think, has the best potential to be great, but again, I think that as long as Payton is there his touches will be limited to an extent. Not just because of the RBBC factor, but because Payton & Brees like to spread the ball around more than most teams. I see a great career, but not an Emmitt Smith type career.

While I applaud Ingram for his efforts, it's actually pretty crazy to put himself at risk without a contract.

It couldn't cost all that much for a pro athlete to secure a Lloyds of London policy against a debilitating injury in informal workouts for a very limited period. Honestly, I'm shocked that more rooks aren't doing this and getting busy with their future teams.

After all, not everyone has access to a guru like Ken Dorsey :wacko:

I'm enjoying watching this phenomenon. The players pay to use substandard (by NFL standards) facilities. They pay trainers that are often not at NFL level, and they go at half speed or less for fear of injury since they are on their insurance dime, not their team's. If they thought about this for a minute they would begin to see some of the value the owners bring to their experience, and some of the expense the owners have to undertake to put a quality product (a healthy well trained player) on the field.

The players go through what is essentially a charade, a public relations stunt for their side in this sad little arguement, and I believe most of them miss the irony of what it is they are highlighting.

It couldn't cost all that much for a pro athlete to secure a Lloyds of London policy against a debilitating injury in informal workouts for a very limited period. Honestly, I'm shocked that more rooks aren't doing this and getting busy with their future teams.

You have left out the "Two" of the "One, Two" combination. Please, in the future, don't fail to mention, ....oh what is his name, the guy that has a name that sounds like a muffler shop.

Actually, all these players, rookies especially, would be training anyway. The article even mentions that Ingram had already been training on his own in the city. It's not like their doing anything extra-special that they could be risking their entire career for..

I'm enjoying watching this phenomenon. The players pay to use substandard (by NFL standards) facilities. They pay trainers that are often not at NFL level, and they go at half speed or less for fear of injury since they are on their insurance dime, not their team's. If they thought about this for a minute they would begin to see some of the value the owners bring to their experience, and some of the expense the owners have to undertake to put a quality product (a healthy well trained player) on the field.

The players go through what is essentially a charade, a public relations stunt for their side in this sad little arguement, and I believe most of them miss the irony of what it is they are highlighting.

Actually, I believe the facilities are donated due to the national exposure they get but I have no real proof of that & don't feel like spending the time to research it. Regardless, let's not go overboard here, these ARE college campuses which a lot of NFL teams have used to train at. It's not like their tossing a ball around in someone's back yard and the trainers they get are likely some of their own personal trainers. As far as the speed goes, that's what goes on at OTA's anyway. They don't put the pads on & start hitting until actual camp.

Well that's a unique way of looking at it

What color is the sky in your world?

I thought this was a link to the Green Bay Packers official site. Anything else would just be silly. Maybe you mean a Chess Championship? Debate Championship? Powder Puff Football Championship? 'Cause it certainly won't be an NFL Championship because GB will have that. :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34