[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good Bye Week 1?

WaterMan

you guys should read Albert Breer's tweets, there very encouraging and he has insider access: http://twitter.com/#!/albertbreer

some recent tweets today:

What I'm hearing on the NFL/NFLPA summit ... "Very serious talks" on all levels -- the timing, the format and the parties that are there.

One PA source said they're in a "30-day window"; League source: 4-6 weeks needed from hard negotiating to drafting deal

Also in the story, league sources say cancellation of preseason = $1 billion in lost revenue. Could wreck talks.

and then here's the story he wrote about it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8203...get-a-deal-done

I'm not a hugh fan of tweeting because there often is no verification to support the material, but this one from Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinal perked my ears up:

OmarKelly Omar Kelly

I'm told NFL coaches have been encouraged to take their vacations in June because they "expect to be busy in July." Good sign. Get it done.

4 hours ago

If he got this information from someone connected to owners, that would indicate some very real progress and a hope for a new agreement. The new talks seem to be really gathering som steam.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm not a hugh fan of tweeting because there often is no verification to support the material, but this one from Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinal perked my ears up:

OmarKelly Omar Kelly

I'm told NFL coaches have been encouraged to take their vacations in June because they "expect to be busy in July." Good sign. Get it done.

4 hours ago

If he got this information from someone connected to owners, that would indicate some very real progress and a hope for a new agreement. The new talks seem to be really gathering som steam.

Good source.

I am also getting ready to wash my hands of the season. I hold both parties responsible for this mess just about equally. I hope for our sake they gets their gluteus maximus' in gear. I would really like to see the courts rip both side hard and heavy.