[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deep Fried Haddock with Twice Cooked Fingerling Potatoes

Kid Cid

It's been a while since I've done anything food related. Here's a riff on the classic fish and chips. You could substitute cod or halibut for the haddock.

It's been a while since I've done anything food related. Here's a riff on the classic fish and chips. You could substitute cod or halibut for the haddock.

most definately! especially the potatoes for something other than french fries. Mmmmmm, potato and rosemary :homersimpsondrooling: ...Scooby and I use cod b/c it is what we get the easiest and cheapest of the 3, although I will start looking for haddock (halibut is expensive here and never on sale and always frozen or previously frozen). We also use the same batter recipe and have used it for a good base batter for onion rings (like to make the O-rings spicier)

Excellent! The potatoes were great. I used regular potatoes but sliced them like you would have ( I used the small potatoes and sliced them into wide flat bigger than steak fries) and then boiled them just enough. I also added some bacon grease to the olive oil, just because I wanted to make sure I had enough grease, then topped with sea salt when I pulled them from the pan. Also, I couldn't find any fresh sage so I omitted the sage, this time. I did use fresh rosemary and thyme. Of course, the fish turned out great and cod was used instead of haddock.

Thank you for sharing...

Edited by Scooby's Hubby