[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenny Britt arrested again

Bronco Billy

Link

Tennessee Titans football star Kenny Britt was arrested in Hoboken yesterday, only one day after he pleaded guilty to careless driving in his hometown of Bayonne, officials said.

Britt, now of Brentwood, Tenn., was arrested last night at Willow Avenue and 15th Street by Hoboken narcotics officers and charged with two counts of resisting arrest, official said today.

Britt was issued a summons and ordered to appear on the charges at 1 p.m. on June 16 in Central Judicial Processing Court in Jersey City, according to court papers.

The complaint says Britt "did purposely prevent or attempt to prevent a public servant from lawfully performing an official function by means of force or violence, specifically by refusing to open your hand when ordered to do so then pulling your hand away."

It goes on to say Britt is charged with using his body "to push away from the officers" and pulled away his arm "while not allowing the officers to handcuff" him.

One count is a disorderly persons offense but the second is a third-degree crime, which carries a possible sentence of 3 to 5 years in prison upon conviction.

Looks like he has the cops' full attention after skating on all the car chase charges except for "careless driving".

Edited by Bronco Billy

Or not harrassment?

Updating a previous item, Kenny Britt's second charge was for tampering with evidence after allegedly crushing a Josh Gordon cigar to hide it from police before he was arrested Wednesday night.We're not naive enough to believe that a high percentage of NFL players aren't smoking pot during the offseason, but this highlights the concern about Britt's off-field judgment. "[New Jersey] is where Kenny is very, very weak," explained his former high school coach earlier in the week. "His judgment on who to hang with and where to be, what time to go home and sleep, and should I be at this club or that club? That's his problem. ... You just can't be nice. You gotta be tough on Kenny. You gotta be mean on Kenny." The presence of Josh Gordon in addition to Britt's multiple previous offenses bodes poorly for his chances of avoiding an NFL suspension

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/player?r=1

Or it is.

1. Why were narco officers going after a guy who may or may not have had something that's not a narcotic on him?

2. If he threw it on the ground and stomped on it, why did they admit that they found no Josh Gordon? Clearly if he stomped it out in there presence they could have... I dont know, looked on the ground? It's not as if stomping on something makes it evaporate into thin air.

Sounds a little weird to me.

Well....it's a different story if he's charged with something other than resisting arrest, no?

Nope. Not being charged with anything as the cops didn't find anything.

Need to legalize pot. I have him in my dynasty league. :wacko:

It's decriminalized in several states... (Idk if Tenn is one of them) but he will get a slap on the wrist, pay a fine and might have to sit out a game or 2... (or maybe no games due to the lockout BS and him not being part of the NFL atm)

:wacko:

You really think ending the lockout would resolve Britt's issues?

Not entirely, no. Once a knucklehead, always a knucklehead.

But having him at training camp, with some kind of structure and routine to his days sure wouldn't hurt.

:wacko: Tried to trade him almost every single round of our rookie draft in AFL.

For people like Britt, this lockout can't end soon enough!

Really?

maybe you contacted the wrong owners. I know one who probably would have overpaid

Of course he has to overpay :tup:

Edited by Zooty