[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did CBS Sportsline jack up their price, last year 89.99, this year $150!

euphy

You know, I'm really happy for you. You don't mind spending the extra money and you're happy with CBS. I'm not sure why you feel the need to fabricate so extensively in order to run down mfl - probably rationalizing spending the extra money - but if it gives you a woody and makes you feel better about spending your money at CBS, fabricate away.

:tup:

WOW!!! Touch a nerve? Awesome...have no idea what you are refering to in terms of "fabrication"..??..

In any event..... :wacko: .....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I converted over a 10 year league that was on CBS and I was able to bring over head to head stats and scores. I've got a pretty good history set up that captures everything but the trades. And for that matter CBS doesn't keep trades from year to year. They don't even keep the msg board.

Wrong.

:wacko:

The only person here that has done work for MFL is theeohiostate & I'm not sure he's actually paid by them or he just does work on the side for others in customization. The benefit of MFL over all others, still & always IMO, is their customer service. No one comes anywhere close. It doesn't hurt that they put out a great product with a lot of flexibility & at a lower cost than the majority of the pay sites.

ETA: As far as transferring league history, if the software doesn't accommodate a fluid transfer, all it takes is a message to MFL & they will do it for you... Probably within a day or so.

So, they answer promptly and allow you to cry on thier shoulder until your cursor comes back? Each to his own.

So, they answer promptly and allow you to cry on thier shoulder until your cursor comes back? Each to his own.

WOW!!! Touch a nerve? Awesome... Forgive me if I think a prompt(meaning within an hour or two) response and solution to every request I've ever had, not to mention being overly generous on several occasions, is a big deal. :wacko:

For the record. CBS now has a hotline for customer service/site questions. They started this a year or 2 ago. You can get answers within 10 minutes

For the record. CBS now has a hotline for customer service/site questions. They started this a year or 2 ago. You can get answers within 10 minutes

Unless you get a little Kramer-like phone sex along with your answer, they'll still get hammered here for their customer service being inferior :wacko:

that is good to hear as this was complaint #1 of mine. I didn't and still don't mind their hosting it was just time to go to save the $100

Yep. I've used it. prompt and courteous.

Unless you get a little Kramer-like phone sex along with your answer, they'll still get hammered here for their customer service being inferior :wacko:

:tup: good info here

Good to know. To be honest, I'm not hammering CBS at all. I just don't understand why people would pay that much more for a site. For me, the price & personal experience will send my dollar to MFL every time.

Good to know. To be honest, I'm not hammering CBS at all. I just don't understand why people would pay that much more for a site. For me, the price & personal experience will send my dollar to MFL every time.

yeah, I cannot see any way to justify the cost. Are they 2-3 times better than MFL?

I guess the same can be said for NFL versus free leagues if zero could be used as a denominator

I went from the morning paper and pencil to MFL and have never looked back nor looked around. I know nothing of the CBS experience, at least not personally. I recall some difficulties others reported having there, but that was some time ago.

Now, well I have not commished a league in 7 years and could not be happier. All my leagues happen to be run at MFL and I like the familiarity I have with their site. I now leave these matters to the commish. If a guy is willing to do that job I say let him run the league on the site he is most comfortable with. I see no reason to make the job of commish any more difficult thatn it already is. If a guy prefers the features of a more expensive site, so be it. I will pay that extra coin to keep him happy and doing the job of commish, a job I as an American won't do. I believe we have checked to see if we could hire an illegal to be commish in a few of our leagues, but it seems there are some jobs even they won't do. I say accomodate the man doing the job. If he has a preference go with that.

• 1 month later...

My longest running league has been with CBS for 12 years. Honestly, I am a slave to their live scoring. I guess I need the instant gratification vs. the every 30 seconds of MFL. As for the CBS customer service, I found if you stay on them you can get a postive result. We're using CBS again this year, they have this referal link, might be worth looking at to see if there is a discounted price. For what its worth:

http://cbssports.com/ref/42959413

My longest running league has been with CBS for 12 years. Honestly, I am a slave to their live scoring. I guess I need the instant gratification vs. the every 30 seconds of MFL. As for the CBS customer service, I found if you stay on them you can get a postive result. We're using CBS again this year, they have this referal link, might be worth looking at to see if there is a discounted price. For what its worth:

http://cbssports.com/ref/42959413

MFL has a separate app (MFL Gameday) that allows you to keep up with multiple leagues and is updated much more frequently. I believe they also have one for smartphones, but I'm not certain how well it works since it doesn't support Blackberry.

Edited by rajncajn

I use MFL because it's so much cheaper, plain and simple.

I spent a lot of time working on our website last year to make it look decent, which means I had to rely on a lot of third party javascript to get it to do things that should be built-in. And the result is a clunky website that is slow as hell. The fact is, MFL has just been slapping new coats of paint on a product that was designed in the 90's, and it's painfully obvious. And the league I run is comprised of recent engineering grads and at best they grudgingly put up with the website, at worst they harp on it constantly. Hell, I'd prefer yahoo if they supported our scoring and kept league records year-to-year.

Edited by gsmayes

gsmayes - would you be willing to share your league home page address?

http://www8.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/27620

I'm not a coding genius or anything, did some html back in the day and fumbled around with the default css and some habman scripts. It responds fairly decently right now because there's not much load on habman's sever; I tried moving his stuff to my own server but couldn't get it to work. Habman has a nifty scoreboard and player ticker, but it slows down the page too much during the season. Tried using a rotating content module script last year but never got it to work to my satisfaction.

I had multiple problems with the waiver processes last year, after seemingly having it figured out the previous two years. It really is ridiculous that such a common waiver system (cbs) is so difficult to setup in MFL. And I would never, ever run my work league on MFL, half those people can't manage logging into yahoo.

I basically spend every offseason trying to find something better that isn't crazy expensive, but keep ending up back at MFL.

Edited by gsmayes

http://www8.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/27620

I'm not a coding genius or anything, did some html back in the day and fumbled around with the default css and some habman scripts. It responds fairly decently right now because there's not much load on habman's sever; I tried moving his stuff to my own server but couldn't get it to work. Habman has a nifty scoreboard and player ticker, but it slows down the page too much during the season. Tried using a rotating content module script last year but never got it to work to my satisfaction.

I had multiple problems with the waiver processes last year, after seemingly having it figured out the previous two years. It really is ridiculous that such a common waiver system (cbs) is so difficult to setup in MFL. And I would never, ever run my work league on MFL, half those people can't manage logging into yahoo.

This. It took me forever to get that figured out when I moved our 10 yr league over to MFL last year.

This. It took me forever to get that figured out when I moved our 10 yr league over to MFL last year.

It's not that bad. Once you understand the concept and terminology it's cake and takes 2 minutes to set up. It's consistent with most feedback on MFL - for those that are technically proficient it's awesome, and less so the less technical the background of the user.

Tradition = CBS

Cheaper and high function/customization = MFL

Cheapest/easiest = ESPN

It's not that bad. Once you understand the concept and terminology it's cake and takes 2 minutes to set up. It's consistent with most feedback on MFL - for those that are technically proficient it's awesome, and less so the less technical the background of the user.

Tradition = CBS

Cheaper and high function/customization = MFL

Cheapest/easiest = ESPN

I do IT consulting for a living and the setup was not cake nor 2 minutes. It wasn't easy to replicate CBS waivers. MFL's waiver setup is hard to understand and a pain to set up. Terminonlogy is different than other sites.

Yeah, when intelligent people continually have trouble using the website, how long can you blame the user? I have an engineering degree, built every computer I've owned and even got paid for web design during my college years. But I guess I don't have the technical expertise required to use MFL :wacko: