[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Rosenhaus fails drug test

bpwallace49

The difference being McGahee was actually good and worthy of a 1st round pick before the injury.

Agree. If MY team drafted a RB with a busted knee - no matter how diligent the rehab proved to be - I'd be pretty shocked and concerned. "Hey, let's a take RB with a busted wheel with our first overall pick. You know, that pick we really shouldn't miss on?" For all the talk of "safe pick" and whatnot in the first round, I never thought he'd go in the first round. And being a "consensus top 5 pick" to a late first rounder, by a team who has become notorious for questionable first round selections...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Pryor is going or should go in the 1st, just that agents can have a surprisingly big influence on the outcomes of drafts. Tim Tebow proved to me (again) that "all it takes is one team" to like a player... I have to believe there were 31 other teams laughing their balls off after Denver picked him there.

Thanks, so Carter and to a lesser extent Kosar were pretty much the only one's who ever amounted to anything. If you believe in useless statistics then that would stack the odds pretty heavily against Pryor & make it even less likely any teams would risk much of anything on him. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up as a FA.

Thanks, so Carter and to a lesser extent Kosar were pretty much the only one's who ever amounted to anything. If you believe in useless statistics then that would stack the odds pretty heavily against Pryor & make it even less likely any teams would risk much of anything on him. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up as a FA.

Carter is monumental and Bosworth would have gone somewhere if he'd only stayed out of Hollywood. Horrible actor that brought him and his NFL career down.

Oh, and I was a Kosar fan.. He made the Browns exciting and made the rivalary with the Bronco's something special.

Id say Jamal Williams worked out pretty well too. But in the grand scheme of things, yeah, most appear to end up as bad to mediocre players.

I remember Ahmad something from a couple years ago. He came out and had a lot of hype around him (Linebacker). Not sure he ever did anything. He is in the leage still, but not sure he even starts.

My prediction - Pryor goes for a 5th as a QB and fails miserably. Out of the league within 5 years max. If Im wrong, please dont bring this thread back up as I really dont give 2 poops about this guy.

Carter is monumental and Bosworth would have gone somewhere if he'd only stayed out of Hollywood. Horrible actor in Hollywood as well as his horrible act as a NFL player brought him and his NFL career down.

Oh, and I was a Kosar fan.. He made the Browns exciting and made the rivalary with the Bronco's something special.

fixed

If I were a GM Rosenhaus' representation would always drive a player's value down, as would a few other agents. Why would I want to deal with a player represented by a guy who will try to rile the fan base to mispercieve a players value. I don't want to negotiate with that noise happening on the side. Then when I couple that with the fact that Rosenhaus and his client start to believe his spew it gets worse. I know I will have to invest an inordinant amount of time into negotiations to get them anywhere near reasonable. This will likely mean the player will be held out, away from coaching, making his first year under contract worth less than it could have been. Also, I would have a player who, having had Satan in his ear, will always feel slighted and underpaid by my franchise as he will likely believe some of the hype Rosenhaus has been selling. In other words I am likely to have a malcontent on my hands.

Nope, knowing the representation I subtract one round of value from the player. Pryor may be a freaksh athlete, but lots of freakish atheltes don't make the league. This is about skill. he is a fourth round talent. His decision making and baggage make him a 5th round talent. That you are going to have to deal with a prima donna act from Rosenhaus unbefitting even a first rounder, well I subtract another round of value.

6th rounder.

Now the question is whether all GM's are of a mind like mine? The answer is clearly no. Someone will Al Davis/ Jerry Jones/Daniel Snyder this thing up.

I'm betting that whatever team takes him, won't plan on using him at QB. 6'6", great coordination and can legitimately run. Could be a dangerous weapon at WR. I don't doubt for a second his athletic ability. Can't throw, but one heckuva athlete.

I'm betting that whatever team takes him, won't plan on using him at QB. 6'6", great coordination and can legitimately run. Could be a dangerous weapon at WR. I don't doubt for a second his athletic ability. Can't throw, but one heckuva athlete.

*Cough* Matt Jones *Cough*

How'd that work out?

How'd that work out?

I see where you're goin, and I am the furthest thing from a Pryor apologist/fan... but Pryor blows Jones out of the water in terms of overall athleticism, speed and talent.

On top of it, Jones was/is a cokehead. Pryor may be a pompous, righteous, self-serving moran, but he's far and away better than Jones in terms of football talent.

Unfortunately for his football career, he hired Rosenhaus. He may get some team to bite, and will get paid as a result, but he'll likely never see the field - outside of preseason - as a QB in the NFL. If he were smart (and had an agent willing to be flexible) he'd learn how to block and play TE. No one could cover him as a TE.

I see where you're goin, and I am the furthest thing from a Pryor apologist/fan... but Pryor blows Jones out of the water in terms of overall athleticism, speed and talent.

On top of it, Jones was/is a cokehead. Pryor may be a pompous, righteous, self-serving moran, but he's far and away better than Jones in terms of football talent.

Unfortunately for his football career, he hired Rosenhaus. He may get some team to bite, and will get paid as a result, but he'll likely never see the field - outside of preseason - as a QB in the NFL. If he were smart (and had an agent willing to be flexible) he'd learn how to block and play TE. No one could cover him as a TE.

I know they dont compare equally, but in terms of a former QB converted to WR (if thats what Pryor does), his career will be the same - Failure (from an NFL stand point). I dont know that they are that much different though. Jones was fast IIRC. I know his problems were character, and Pryor hasnt had the same problems, but I dont see Pryor that much more athletic/talented than Jones was. If they were, then I would think teams would see him as such, and we wouldnt be having the conversation we are having now about him. He would be a 1st or 2nd round supplemental pick, hands down if he were that gifted, no?

Comparing the 2 the best I can find in a short time:

Matt Jones

40 time: between 4.37 and 4.40

Vert jump: 39.5

Broad jump: 10' 10"

Pryor

40 time: Before his sophomore year began he ran a 4.33 forty in a race against Ray Small and many others (Wikipedia)

Vert jump: 37 inches

Broad jump: Couldnt find anything

I know those are general things to go by, but from what I see, Jones is just as athletic as Pryor.

Comparing the 2 the best I can find in a short time:

Matt Jones

40 time: between 4.37 and 4.40

Vert jump: 39.5

Broad jump: 10' 10"

Pryor

40 time: Before his sophomore year began he ran a 4.33 forty in a race against Ray Small and many others (Wikipedia)

Vert jump: 37 inches

Broad jump: Couldnt find anything

I know those are general things to go by, but from what I see, Jones is just as athletic as Pryor.

Huh, I had no idea Jones tested that fast/good. 4.37? Honestly, watching him play as a WR, he didn't look nearly that fast. Not even close.

I still think Pryor should add some muscle/pounds, learn to block and become a TE.

Huh, I had no idea Jones tested that fast/good. 4.37? Honestly, watching him play as a WR, he didn't look nearly that fast. Not even close.

I still think Pryor should add some muscle/pounds, learn to block and become a TE.

I've never played organized football but I do believe that running fast and running routes fast are two different things. No?

I've never played organized football but I do believe that running fast and running routes fast are two different things. No?

Pretty much. It's a whole different ballgame with pads on, concentrating on your breaks, etc. That said, I didn't know Jones had straightaway speed like that.

How'd that work out?

Maybe I'm alone in this thinking, but I thought Jones was actually a pretty decent receiver. Not elite mind you, but certainly better than average.

For some reason the dude got blackballed and I seriously doubt it was because teams felt he couldn't play.

Maybe I'm alone in this thinking, but I thought Jones was actually a pretty decent receiver. Not elite mind you, but certainly better than average.

For some reason the dude got blackballed and I seriously doubt it was because teams felt he couldn't play.

I think the term you're looking for is 8-balled.

I think the term you're looking for is 8-balled.

Behind the eight ball (eight balled) means put in a difficult situation, while blackballed means specifically excluded.

In this context, blackballed looks correct.

Just watch the difference between the feet of the two. Jones was much more of a long strider, where Pryor really has feet. Jones was a great athlete, Pryor is an elite and truly rare one. All you have to do is watch him play a few times and it stares you right in the face.