[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ahem...just a friendly reminder

tazinib1

In the 17 career games Jonathan Stewart has received 15 or more carries, he's scored 16 touchdowns and averages 5.62 yards per rush. He also averages 112.2 total yards per game, and Carolina is 14-3. The record may be skewed by game situations (teams run more when they're ahead), but there's no disputing Stewart's per-play production or scoring ability. If the Panthers let DeAngelo Williams walk in free agency --and we expect they will --"J-Stew will present top-10 running back upside in 2011 fantasy leagues.

:wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

I think he's going to be tied for the #1 Back this season.

I also think there won't be a season.

Oh there will be a season ,, they may not play any football but the season will still be there and a season with no NFL may grow on some people

That's the danger they are floating with right now

how much did that one game where he blew up inflate those numbers? :wacko:

Not sure, but if you look hard enough, one can always discredit ones success. I'll gladly do the math for you when I wrap from this movie tonight. :smile:

There has to be a little bit of fear that they will resign Williams. As unlikely as it is, its still a possibility.

There has to be a little fear Goodson will take his carries from him. He also performed well in a limited role.

And lastly, there has to be a little fear that he will remember that his ankles/feet are made of glass and he will be the #1 RB this year...to make it to the IR.

Thats a lot of a little bit of fear...I just don't know that he's worth hitching your wagon to.

Week 4 2008 (v. Atlanta, #25 rush defense)Stewart	 15  55 1Williams	15  54 0Week 5 2008 (v. Kansas City, #30)Stewart	 19  72 0Williams	20 123 2Week 7 2008 (v. New Orleans, #17)Stewart	 17  68 1Williams	18  66 0Week 11 2008 (v. Detroit, #32)Stewart	 15 130 1Williams	14 120 2Week 14 2008 (v. Tampa Bay, #19)Stewart	 15 115 2Williams	19 186 2Week 15 2008 (v. Denver, #27)Stewart	 16  52 1Williams	12  88 1Week 17 2008 (@ New Orleans, #17)Stewart	 17  56 1Williams	25 178 0Week 6 2009 (@ Tampa Bay, #32)Stewart	 17 110 1Williams	30 152 2Week 8 2009 (@ Arizona, #17)Stewart	 17  87 2Williams	23 158 0Week 13 2009 (v. Tampa Bay, #32)Stewart	 26 120 1Williams	N/AWeek 15 2009 (v. Minnesota, #2)Stewart	 25 109 1Williams	 6  13 0Week 16 2009 (@ New York Giants, #14)Stewart	 28 206 1Williams	N/AWeek 17 2009 (v. New Orleans, #21)Stewart	 16 125 1Williams	N/AWeek 13 2010 (@ Seattle, #21)Stewart	 21  92 1Williams	N/AWeek 14 2010 (v. Atlanta, #10)Stewart	 18 133 0Williams	N/AWeek 15 2010 (v. Arizona, #30)Stewart	 27 137 0Williams	N/AWeek 16 2010 (@ Pittsburgh, #1)Stewart	 18  71 0Williams	N/A

Here are the numbers for both Stewart and Williams in the aforementioned 17 games. I also included the rush defense rank (ypg given up) for each team they faced. At first glance Stewart put up some good/great numbers, but it seems Williams did as good or better in the games he played. Of course, with Stewart being a rookie in 2008 and Williams missing so many games in 2010, it's hard to conclude a whole lot based on this information. I'll leave it for someone else to dig deeper if they want though.

There has to be a little bit of fear that they will resign Williams. As unlikely as it is, its still a possibility.

There has to be a little fear Goodson will take his carries from him. He also performed well in a limited role.

And lastly, there has to be a little fear that he will remember that his ankles/feet are made of glass and he will be the #1 RB this year...to make it to the IR.

Thats a lot of a little bit of fear...I just don't know that he's worth hitching your wagon to.

Kinda late to the party pal. I would love to counter your silly post, but that bait your using....its got a higher stench than a $2 crack ho.

Dude better start doing something, took him in the 3rd round of both my start ups last year. Thank god in my original dynasty league I passed when the guy offered me Stewart and D-Williams in the preseason last year for Foster, Dez Bryant and somethnig like 3 1st round picks (One of which is #2 this year)

The issue with Stewart this year, assuming DeAngelo is gone, is that teams are gonna be stacking the box against the run all year. If Clausen or Newton can throw the ball that'll change some, but that's a mighty BIG if.

I agree, but I kind of though that was what everyone did against them anyways. :wacko:

CAR new offensive coordinator.

ROB CHUDZINSKI

Offensive Coordinator

College: Miami (Fla.)

Experience: 8

BIO

COACHING

Rob Chudzinski followed head coach Ron Rivera from the San Diego Chargers to Carolina to be the Panthers' offensive coordinator. In 17 previous seasons as an NFL and college assistant, he has had success leading offenses and earned a reputation for developing tight ends.

As the Chargers' tight ends and assistant head coach in 2010, Chudzinski helped San Diego rank first in the NFL in total offense with an average of 395.6 yards per game and second in scoring with an average of 27.6 points per game.

Tight end Antonio Gates excelled during both of Chudzinski's two-year stints on the Chargers coaching staff from 2005-06 and 2009-10. Gates made his seventh consecutive Pro Bowl last season, one year after producing a career-high 1,157 yards. In 2005, Chudzinski's first season as San Diego's tight ends coach, Gates registered the only other 1,000-yard receiving season of his career with 1,101 yards on a career-high 89 receptions.

In between Chudzinski's stints with the Chargers, he served as the Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator for two seasons. In 2007, the Browns won 10 games - their most wins since 1994 - and Chudzinski's offense played a key role in the team's success. Cleveland ranked eighth in the league in total offense and scoring, accumulating 5,621 net yards and 402 points.

Four players went to the Pro Bowl: quarterback Derek Anderson, wide receiver Braylon Edwards, tackle Joe Thomas and tight end Kellen Winslow II. Anderson threw 29 touchdowns, while Edwards and Winslow combined with running back Jamal Lewis to give the Browns two 1,000-yard receivers and a 1,000-yard rusher.

Chudzinski began his pro coaching career as Cleveland's tight ends coach in 2004 and worked with Winslow, the team's top draft choice. He was elevated to offensive coordinator for the final five games of the season under interim head coach Terry Robiskie after the resignation of head coach Butch Davis.

From 1994-2003, Chudzinski spent 10 years as an assistant at his alma mater, the University of Miami (Fla.): three seasons as offensive coordinator, five as tight ends coach and two as a graduate assistant.

During his three years as offensive coordinator, he guided a unit that went 12-0 and won the national championship in 2001 and set school records for points, total yards and rushing touchdowns the next season. In addition, Chudzinski worked with numerous future NFL players, including them wide receiver Andre Johnson, running backs Frank Gore, Willis McGahee and Clinton Portis, tackle Bryant McKinnie and quarterback Ken Dorsey.

Promoted from graduate assistant to tight ends coach in 1996, Miami's tight ends flourished under Chudzinski's tutelage. He mentored Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey and Winslow, all of whom were All-Americans and became first-round draft picks and Pro Bowl players in the NFL.

PLAYING AND PERSONAL

A three-year starter at tight end for Miami (Fla.) from 1986-90, Chudzinski played on national championship teams in 1987 and 1989. He earned a bachelor's degree in business administration in 1990 and added a master's degree in business administration in 1996. Chudzinski and his wife, Sheila, have two sons, Kaelan and Rian, and a daughter, Margaret.

HISTORY

Tight end Miami (Fla.) 1986-90. College coach: Miami (Fla.) 1994-2003. Pro coach: Cleveland Browns 2004, 2007-08, San Diego Chargers 2005-06, 2009-10, joined Panthers in 2011.

Is anyone concerned that Newton will steal enough yards and TDs that it'll hurt JStew's value. While I think JStew is a far superior RB to Moreno, it's the same problem with Tebow. Moreno's edging his way to my avoid list, no matter the 'value'.

I may be in the minority but I don't see Newton succeeding in the NFL ever-forget just his rookie year. So therefore I don't think it will hurt JStew's value-if anything I see it potentially helping Jstew either way

-if he is succesful this year, defenses can't overplay the run, have to be balanced = opens up the running game

-if he isn't, carolina could easily give jstew a healthy chunk of carries every game while starting jimmy clausen...

Is anyone concerned that Newton will steal enough yards and TDs that it'll hurt JStew's value. While I think JStew is a far superior RB to Moreno, it's the same problem with Tebow. Moreno's edging his way to my avoid list, no matter the 'value'.

Its the same concept I proposed last year ala Vick. But everybody hear scarffed!

No..I'm not worried about Cam.

Its the same concept I proposed last year ala Vick. But everybody hear scarffed!

No..I'm not worried about Cam.

Except Vick actually played in the NFL prior to last year. Cam obviously has no history of NFL play and IMO is a long shot to be successful. I hope I'm wrong.

So your contention is that Vick's game hurt McCoy's production? And you're sticking with that?

Now you'll have to excuse me. I need to get back to scarffing.

Edited by Bronco Billy

So your contention is that Vick's game hurt McCoy's production? And you're sticking with that?

Now you'll have to excuse me. I need to get back to scarffing.

Well my initial argument is that it would hurt Brent Celek's production. You can go back to scarfing now. And yes, to some extent, Vicks running ability takes away from McCoy's production. Imagine McCoy's numbers if Kolb were the QB.

Well my initial argument is that it would hurt Brent Celek's production. You can go back to scarfing now. And yes, to some extent, Vicks running ability takes away from McCoy's production. Imagine McCoy's numbers if Kolb were the QB.

Wait. Stewart is being moved to TE in CAR?

I've got to stop scarffing and start paying better attention... :wacko:

taz...could you find me break down of % of vick's runs that were designed as such. how many were improv'd on non-passing downs? frankly, i think vick's runs gave mccoy a breather and moved the chains (kept mccoy on the field more)