[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Arizona ready for the R.Williams/Hightower combo?

tazinib1

'Cause I'm thinking Beanie the Weanie gets shipped to Philly in the impending Kolb trade instead of Cromartie. Philly fans will throw up their arms at me and demand I explain. Well...I can't :tup:

Plus there is nothing really going on right now anyway. We all know Kolb is gonna be a Cardinal. Seattle can act like they are players, but cmon. What the hell does Seattle have that anybody would want? :wacko: Arizon's consolation prize would be Orton....I don't think Fitz is down with that. Sure it wouldn't hurt is fantasy numbers (take a look at what Orton did for Lloyd for crying out loud), but Fitz wants to win a ring. Orton is not the guy for that.

Arizon's consolation prize would be Orton....I don't think Fitz is down with that. Sure it wouldn't hurt is fantasy numbers (take a look at what Orton did for Lloyd for crying out loud), but Fitz wants to win a ring. Orton is not the guy for that.

But Kolb is? I'd rather pay less for Orton and know what you're getting. Plus you won't have to pay him an insane amount of money that you will with Kolb.

But Kolb is? I'd rather pay less for Orton and know what you're getting. Plus you won't have to pay him an insane amount of money that you will with Kolb.

I'd much rather pin my SB hopes to Kolb than Orton. Sorry..were just gonna have to agree to disagree. Kolb will be, in essence, the franchise QB. Of course he is gonna cost a mint. Orton is a stop gap. So you want to sign a guy like Orton, then invest a pick on a rookie QB? Thats a 5 year plan PON. Not what Arizona has in mind I'm sure.

Beanie doesn't fit the Philly system, won't happen. Ronnie Brown is more likely.

Kolb has more upside for ARZ and we all know what Orton's upside is and it isn't much

Well they have to do something cause there isn't much there after McCoy. Philly's SB hopes go out the window if McCoy goes down and they have not secured a b/u. Much talk has Cromartie going to the EAgles....I'm just not completely sold on that. DB and a b/u RB are the glaring needs. Ronnie Brown is intriguing and would be a major upgrade over Wells, but thats a FA matter...not a trade package involving Kolb which is what I'm trying to sifter through.

I think a pick is the most likely scenario unless DRC is a part of the trade. Maybe the LB, Washington as rumored?

Toler, Beanie, no thanks.

B/U RB?- They have never really had much beyond the starter going back to Westbrook days. Buckhalter was a nice fill in but not a replacement. I think Harrison will be the fall-back if they don't get Brown

Is Wells a horrible receiver?... I haven't followed him much, although he seems pretty impressively quick and athletic for a big back... when he can make his way onto the field anyway.

I know I've hear rumors that Philly is interested(has shown interest?) in Michael Bush. Another big back, but of course he has soft hands too.

Wait, is there really an argument over who is better between Orton and Kolb? I'm taking Orton all day over Kolb. Maybe some here don't remember how pathetic Kolb was when the wind was blowing anything over 10mph. I do. I started him that game last year when he didn't make one pass over 10 yards. Kolb might be one of the most overrated QB who hasn't done anything to justify the hype other than put up a few 3 TD games two seasons ago but IIRC he also had multiple picks in those games. Kolb can excel against soft defenses and no wind. Orton can and has succeeded as a starter against a variety of opponents and conditions.

Is Wells a horrible receiver?... I haven't followed him much, although he seems pretty impressively quick and athletic for a big back... when he can make his way onto the field anyway.

I know I've hear rumors that Philly is interested(has shown interest?) in Michael Bush. Another big back, but of course he has soft hands too.

Bush isn't going anywhere. He only has 3 years after spending the first year on the Non Football Injury List (NFI) and have tendered him at the highest possible level.

Wait, is there really an argument over who is better between Orton and Kolb? I'm taking Orton all day over Kolb. Maybe some here don't remember how pathetic Kolb was when the wind was blowing anything over 10mph. I do. I started him that game last year when he didn't make one pass over 10 yards. Kolb might be one of the most overrated QB who hasn't done anything to justify the hype other than put up a few 3 TD games two seasons ago but IIRC he also had multiple picks in those games. Kolb can excel against soft defenses and no wind. Orton can and has succeeded as a starter against a variety of opponents and conditions.

Orton will never win anything anywhere. Period. His upside is an average at best NFL QB.

Kolb is still mostly unknown and is still viewed to have upside and potential. Orton? Not so much. He'll be lucky to be grouped in with the Jake Delhomme's of his era.

I'd much rather pin my SB hopes to Kolb than Orton. Sorry..were just gonna have to agree to disagree. Kolb will be, in essence, the franchise QB. Of course he is gonna cost a mint. Orton is a stop gap. So you want to sign a guy like Orton, then invest a pick on a rookie QB? Thats a 5 year plan PON. Not what Arizona has in mind I'm sure.

This is great....I never thought that people would be using "Superbowl hopes" and "The Cardinals" in the same post.......Kolb, Orton, Chris Sims....who cares, just get us there baby!

Orton will never win anything anywhere. Period. His upside is an average at best NFL QB.

Kolb is still mostly unknown and is still viewed to have upside and potential. Orton? Not so much. He'll be lucky to be grouped in with the Jake Delhomme's of his era.

+1

But also, I'm a fantasy football genius. Because once I had the 2nd and 3rd pick in a dynasty league and knew Beanie was a bust. I let him fall to the owner behind me and picked Moreno and Donald Brown! :wacko:

The same Jake Delhomme who took his team to the SB in 2004 and has had a fairly good career. Placing blame for his performance in 2009 in Carolina and 2010 in Cleveland is a far stretch in my opinion.

He's not a great QB, but he's a QB, given the tools, that can make your team a better team while you grow and draft a replacement. Kolb, I feel, is not going to be anything more than a bust. I think Orton or Delhomme is the cheaper, and better bet for an immediate impact player now.

Wasn't the same said of Trent Dilfer?

Orton had no problem finding Brandon Marshall and would have no problem finding Fitz...

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

something i noticed about orton in chicago is that he has a nasty habit of being saved by his wr's. while he does at least put them in a position to make a play, i don't think he is any team's "final piece." (barring the exception of a ravens/dilfer situation). i will also say that i was impressed with what he did last year with "downgraded" wr's.

Win 3 games while engineering come-from-ahead defeats?

posted better numbers than i would have thought prior to the year:

-3600 yds, 20 td, 9 ints

-6 300 yd games (plus 1 at 295 and 1 at 296)

-6 multiple td games

i'd pin more of their losses on mcdoofus than orton

posted better numbers than i would have thought prior to the year:

-3600 yds, 20 td, 9 ints

-6 300 yd games (plus 1 at 295 and 1 at 296)

-6 multiple td games

i'd pin more of their losses on mcdoofus than orton

Well, then Orton is your guy. Have fun.