[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB's this year....

bostonsoxandy

QB seems really deep this year. Basically, I see 6 sure-fire starters (Rodgers, Vick, Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rivers) and a big tier of above-average starters (Ryan, Schaub, Romo, Freeman, Roethlisberger) and THEN a tier for good QBBC Qb's (Cassel, Flacco, Bradford, Stafford, E. Manning, Cutler, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick).....

overall I just named 19 QB's- 11 of which i believe are above-average QB's....so when do you take one?

I'm thinking this year looks like a perfect year to implement the QB free fall strategy (http://www.footballdocs.com/QB_free_fall.html) where once I am nearly COMPLETELY DONE with my roster I take a handful (after 4 rb, 4 wr, 1 te, 1 d/st)....I'm thinking with that I could still end up with a nice little QBBC of Cassel, Stafford, and Cutler with Sanchez and Fitz still available...

your thoughts? anyone praying that they can take Vick first round? why? when do you think is the best time to take a QB this year?

I did 3 MFL "Facebook" drafts over the past couple weeks. In the first two, I decided to see what my team would look like if I took a top-tier QB in the first few rounds. In the first draft, I got Brees in the 3rd (picking from 9 spot). In the second draft I got Manning in the 3rd (picked from 5 slot).

In the third draft, I decided to wait, as I was seeing names like Schaub, Ryan and Roethlisberger slip and slip. I just took Ryan in the SEVENTH (picking from the 4 spot).

So, if there's ever a year to wait on QB, this is most certainly it. The points-per-week difference between - say - Brees and Ryan is under 2. And you'd think a guy like Ryan will be posting better stats this year.

Edit to add: And, related to the piece you mentioned, I was fully prepared to pass on the Ryan/Schaub tier and wait for a shot at a QBBC approach had those two gone ahead of me or if I saw a huge RB or WR value. I didn't ,so jumped on Ryan. I'll probably still supplement with a guy like Cutler if he's there in a few rounds and I'm comfy with where I'm at RB and WR wise.

Edited by darin3

So, if there's ever a year to wait on QB, this is most certainly it. The points-per-week difference between - say - Brees and Ryan is under 2. And you'd think a guy like Ryan will be posting better stats this year.

Posted similar thoughts a few days ago in the advice forum and even did the math based on last years actual stats.

I did 3 MFL "Facebook" drafts over the past couple weeks. In the first two, I decided to see what my team would look like if I took a top-tier QB in the first few rounds. In the first draft, I got Brees in the 3rd (picking from 9 spot). In the second draft I got Manning in the 3rd (picked from 5 slot).

In the third draft, I decided to wait, as I was seeing names like Schaub, Ryan and Roethlisberger slip and slip. I just took Ryan in the SEVENTH (picking from the 4 spot).

Edit to add: And, related to the piece you mentioned, I was fully prepared to pass on the Ryan/Schaub tier and wait for a shot at a QBBC approach had those two gone ahead of me or if I saw a huge RB or WR value. I didn't ,so jumped on Ryan. I'll probably still supplement with a guy like Cutler if he's there in a few rounds and I'm comfy with where I'm at RB and WR wise.

+1

Not to mention guys like Stafford,Bradshaw and even Flacco can be had 1-2 rounds after that. If you really want a steal, The Ammish Rifleman can be had around round 11-13 and gives you top 10-15 numbers with a just above average receiving arsenal.

+1

Not to mention guys like Stafford,Bradshaw and even Flacco can be had 1-2 rounds after that. If you really want a steal, The Ammish Rifleman can be had around round 11-13 and gives you top 10-15 numbers with a just above average receiving arsenal.

One too many concussions for me. I'd say he he'd be a good sleeper, but he probably has to get up pretty early to get ready for the FOX pregame show.