[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SLEEPERS

Crazysight

A lot of guys bypassed Aaron Rodgers using the exact same kind of rationale...

Absurd. Jermichael Finley has flashed greatness along with getting injured every year.

Rodgers has been a monster from his first start. I'm not sure if you're

1. Trying to bait me

2. High

3. Lost/confused

Rodgers has been in the top 2 scorers at the QB position for three years running. Finley has not been higher than 13th at his position. So no, people bypassed Rodgers with the rationale that is nothing similar to what I used.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absurd. Jermichael Finley has flashed greatness along with getting injured every year.

Rodgers has been a monster from his first start. I'm not sure if you're

1. Trying to bait me

2. High

3. Lost/confused

Rodgers has been in the top 2 scorers at the QB position for three years running. Finley has not been higher than 13th at his position. So no, people bypassed Rodgers with the rationale that is nothing similar to what I used.

People didn't pass on/put down Rodgers because of his perceived injury history and that he hadn't proven anything going into the 2008 season?

People didn't pass on/put down Rodgers because of his perceived injury history and that he hadn't proven anything going into the 2008 season?

Uh No one was thinking Rodgers would be the no.1 QB because he had no body of work. He hadn't showed us that he was durable or had a knack for injuries.

Finley on the other hand has had an every week role and has failed to show that he can stay on the field every year. Finley has shown us a knack for getting injured. People are talking like he's the no.1 TE...

Uh No one was thinking Rodgers would be the no.1 QB because he had no body of work. He hadn't showed us that he was durable or had a knack for injuries.

Finley on the other hand has had an every week role and has failed to show that he can stay on the field every year. Finley has shown us a knack for getting injured. People are talking like he's the no.1 TE...

Aaron Rodgers Does Not Like to Be Called Soft Just Because He's Always Injured - May 23, 2008

Anyway, Rodgers spoke to the media yesterday, and he was asked about the idea that he's injury prone:

"I think it does kind of bother me to say that [i'm injury prone]. To me, when somebody says injury prone, it has a negative connotation to it and a lot of times people can say you're soft because of it. I mean, I had a broken foot and a torn hamstring. And the other thing is when people who have never played by position or even laced them up before are calling me injury prone. I have a little bit of a problem with that.

For anybody to call anybody in the NFL injury-prone is not a great idea unless you've played that position or the game for a long time because otherwise you don't really know what it's like to be an NFL player."

I get what Rodgers is saying, but the fact that he had a broken foot and a torn hamstring kinda supports the point that he, you know, has an injury ... um, history (ducks). That he's following Brett Favre who, by all accounts, can't be killed, and has suffered two pretty serious injuries in three years on the bench ... well, yeah, I'd say that might give people the impression that he can't stay healthy.

Exactly. Finley showed something prior to last season while Rodgers was the backup with all kinds of uncertainty. Apples to oranges comparision but leave it up to BB to make you look like the dumb one :wacko:

Exactly. Finley showed something prior to last season while Rodgers was the backup with all kinds of uncertainty. Apples to oranges comparision but leave it up to BB to make you look like the dumb one :wacko:

Really?

No one in 2008 was calling Aaron Rodgers a no.1 QB period. At that point in time he had no track record, and had never started a game. There was nothing on him to project what he was. He could have been a dumpster fire, or the polar opposite, which he was. Any injury concerns were freak things, like a foot or a hamstring which aren't red flags for a QB.

Jermichael Finley on the other hand has had issues and surgeries on his freaking knee. When you're a finesse tight end, that is a massive red flag. He's also never shown that he can play a full 16 game season. We're talking a massive amount of games missed due to injuries. If you guys want to take my post out of context, continue to do so. But Finley doesn't belong with Gates at this point. Jermichael Finley's injuries of the past few years cannot be ignored, and should knock him down a peg as far as fantasy football goes.

No, people didn't pass on Rodgers because he was injured previously. People passed on Rodgers because he had never started a game.

You're talking about a guy who in 2008 should have been viewed as a 10th-12th QB on draft boards, justifiablly so. No one thought he would be as good as he is.

With Finley, we know how good he can be, but two straight years he's missed significant time.

Something is surely getting lost in translation here...

Edited by piratesownninjas

Really?

No one in 2008 was calling Aaron Rodgers a no.1 QB period. At that point in time he had no track record, and had never started a game. There was nothing on him to project what he was. He could have been a dumpster fire, or the polar opposite, which he was. Any injury concerns were freak things, like a foot or a hamstring which aren't red flags for a QB.

Jermichael Finley on the other hand has had issues and surgeries on his freaking knee. When you're a finesse tight end, that is a massive red flag. He's also never shown that he can play a full 16 game season. We're talking a massive amount of games missed due to injuries. If you guys want to take my post out of context, continue to do so. But Finley doesn't belong with Gates at this point. Jermichael Finley's injuries of the past few years cannot be ignored, and should knock him down a peg as far as fantasy football goes.

Um, did you quote the wrong post? I was agreeing with you.

Jermicheal Finley is a God. Not THE God, but a God. After the upcoming season every male child under 12 years of age in Wisconsin will add "Jer" to their first name, and all first born male children of any age will do so. For instance my good friend BB will be known as JerBronco Billy.

I got a name to help bring it back on track (don't really want to talk about Joe McKnight)...

Anthony Armstrong!

since Santana Moss is a free agent to be, Armstrong should be the best option at WR for WAS barring they bring in someone else.

...he did have 44 catches for 871 yds and 3 TD's last year-so those numbers in my mind can only go up.

Jermicheal Finley is a God. Not THE God, but a God. After the upcoming season every male child under 12 years of age in Wisconsin will add "Jer" to their first name, and all first born male children of any age will do so. For instance my good friend BB will be known as JerBronco Billy.

:wacko:

I got a name to help bring it back on track (don't really want to talk about Joe McKnight)...

Anthony Armstrong!

since Santana Moss is a free agent to be, Armstrong should be the best option at WR for WAS barring they bring in someone else.

...he did have 44 catches for 871 yds and 3 TD's last year-so those numbers in my mind can only go up.

Hankerson

No, people didn't pass on Rodgers because he was injured previously. People passed on Rodgers because he had never started a game.

You're talking about a guy who in 2008 should have been viewed as a 10th-12th QB on draft boards, justifiablly so. No one thought he would be as good as he is.

With Finley, we know how good he can be, but two straight years he's missed significant time.

Something is surely getting lost in translation here...

Rodgers ADP was QB18 prior to the 2008 season. He was locked in as the starter in GB, since Favre was gone.

My point being is that people have made claims like those being made about Finley in this thread. Rodgers was absolutely one of them, with his documented injury history and that he had flashed some potential (Dallas game) but had not risen to shine full time yet. Rodgers' injury history was absoluetey a factor in people being down on him, and was pretty widely discussed on MBs. And a lot of people missed the boat on Rodgers when they had a chance to get him cheap. Now that Rodgers is the guy throwing to Finley and seems to favor him (understandably so given the way he creates mismatches), the analogy is pretty obvious.

I'm sorry that you're misremembering all of this.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Rodgers ADP was QB18 prior to the 2008 season. He was locked in as the starter in GB, since Favre was gone.

My point being is that people have made claims like those being made about Finley in this thread. Rodgers was absolutely one of them, with his documented injury history and that he had flashed some potential (Dallas game) but had not risen to shine full time yet. Rodgers' injury history was absoluetey a factor in people being down on him, and was pretty widely discussed on MBs. And a lot of people missed the boat on Rodgers when they had a chance to get him cheap. Now that Rodgers is the guy throwing to Finley and seems to favor him (understandably so given the way he creates mismatches), the analogy is pretty obvious.

I'm sorry that you're misremembering all of this.

I am sorry you are having so much trouble with your space bar. You might want to get that looked at.

DeMarco Murray. Tashard Choice came back to Earth last year and the Cowboy's coaching staff knows that he cannot really break tackles nor can he create plays on his own. With Choice being a free agent in 2012, the Cowboys drafted Murray knowing Choice is on the way out, sooner than later. Murray could be a good sleeper with increasing numbers as the season goes along. Throw in the always possible Felix Jones injury and he could be worth a shot in bigger leagues.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby