[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why draft Forte over Bradshaw?

mrip

1600+ total yards, 9 TD's and 51 catches in his first year in the Martz system. He also has very little competition for touches in the backfield. Not many guys out there are more of a lock to get 1500 yards and near 10 TD's, and his value is even higher in PPR. More yards, more TD's, more catches. A round later, Bradshaw is probably a better value.

Durability, doesn't have Brandon Jacobs to share the back field with. He's the also the best player on the offense in Chicago.

But Bradshaw gets more carries per game even with Jacobs. I see where you're coming from but to me, Bradshaw at the end of the 3rd seems much tastier than Forte in the 2nd. I mean Forte had what, 50 more total yards, 1 more td and 4 more receptions and people are taking him like 17 spots earlier.

Edited by mrip

But Bradshaw gets more carries per game even with Jacobs. I see where you're coming from but to me, Bradshaw at the end of the 3rd seems much tastier to me than Forte in the 2nd. I mean Forte had what, 50 more total yards, 1 more td and 4 more receptions and people are taking him like 17 spots earlier.

I'm just telling you why he's drafted ahead of him. Forte also has a longer body of work. Bradshaw doesnt, but does have constant foot problems and a knack for putting the ball on the ground. The risk is much greater with Bradshaw.

I'm just telling you why he's drafted ahead of him. Forte also has a longer body of work. Bradshaw doesnt, but does have constant foot problems and a knack for putting the ball on the ground. The risk is much greater with Bradshaw.

Gottcha. Makes sense. In my head I was thinking more in terms of value than just the pick but I wasn't clear. If you could have Forte in 2 or Bradshaw in 3 which would you take?

Edited by mrip

I got Forte in like the 8th last year, so I was ecstatic. He was one of the most consistent fantasy RB's in the league last year, which I think is a major reason he's rated so high. I most likely wouldn't take him in the second roung, but I wouldn't be all that disgusted if I had to. Could the step forward he took last year possibly lead to another one? I'd bet Martz wants to get him even more involved in the passing game this year. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a 1800-2000 yard season with 12 TD's and 70 catches. Does he have that kind of talent? Will Cutler learn to swing the ball to him more often?

Bradshaw may be great. He could be the next big thing. If that is the case, taking him could win you a fantasy championship. It probably won't be taking him though. He could be one of those players that I undervalue, that somebody else in my league gambles on and wins, and I'm left holding my pud with an under-talented Matt Forte. I'm just not sold yet.

His ADP last year was 3.11. What kind of league exactly allows Forte be be bypassed by all owners for 7 rounds?

You're right, I got him in the beginning of the 7th. It was a 10-team league without a flex, and everybody got their two RB's and he sat there for 3-4 rounds. It wasn't a PPR league and he didn't exactly light it up in 2009.

His ADP last year was 3.11. What kind of league exactly allows Forte be be bypassed by all owners for 7 rounds?

He had lots of uncertainty and was absolutely awful the prior year. There was a ton of buzz about Chester Taylor not just sniping goal line but a 50/50 split. The team was awful, coming off a 5-11 season, and it wasn't out of the realm of likelikood that the wheels would come off ala Dallas. Others in the 8th were guys like LT, Thomas Jones, McFadden, and other time-splitters on bad teams coming off bad years were in this range as well. Forte in the 8th wouldn't exactly be a criminal offense given all of that.

Out of curiosity what are you using to come up with 3.11?

edit: had

Edited by flemingd

Might Forte get more work this year? I read that the Bears were finally coming to their senses regarding Chester "Stiff" Taylor and they might even release him.

He's gotten a pretty decent workload as is. i'm sure they'll bring in someone else to replace taylor.