[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Sunday Ticket for free

DMD

Direct TV commercial just said that you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free with Direct TV. I just checked out their website and it appears to be true for all but the introductory package. For just $5 more ($35 over $30 per month), you get :

Now included at no extra charge! 2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ and 2011 NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go — Get every game every Sunday — on your TV, computer, cell phone, or iPad®!

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/new_customer...ooternavtype=-1

That's a pretty damn good deal for something that was going for big bucks.

DMD- I just called to DTV to check on this deal. They couldn't find it anywhere on the system. The guy told me it 'must be a sales pitch to get people to call.' Still charging $67 for 5 months or $335 one time fee. I'll wait till closer to kickoff.

Did anyone else find this deal?

Maybe it is only for new customers? That'd cause a massive backlash if they are giving away a $300 channel for free for only new people. Makes sense to dump DirectTV and then sign back up.

Check out their website. That is where I saw it.

DMD- I just called to DTV to check on this deal. They couldn't find it anywhere on the system. The guy told me it 'must be a sales pitch to get people to call.' Still charging $67 for 5 months or $335 one time fee. I'll wait till closer to kickoff.

Did anyone else find this deal?

I'm smelling a bait and switch by DirecTV...maybe the next call should be made to the BBB...

One would think that they'd offer lockout-related contests (date ends, first team to sign a FA, etc) to keep chatter up in their product as well as generate interest in renewals.

Maybe it is only for new customers? That'd cause a massive backlash if they are giving away a $300 channel for free for only new people. Makes sense to dump DirectTV and then sign back up.

Plus, wouldn't that technically be considered price discrimination?

Note to self: Remember to offer up Denver oceanfront property to David

Edited by Bronco Billy

I said it in the other thread: I had in place a free package for this season after making a move as an existing customer. All I was doing wad getting the Internet and phone bundle via their AT&T partnership. Anyone who is paying for it this year simply isn't good enough on the phone. :wacko:

I just called and mentioned the commercial and was given the Sunday Ticket at no charge.I just told her that the commercial really made it seem that the ticket was now included in my package.Message me if you need more info.

I just called and mentioned the commercial and was given the Sunday Ticket at no charge.I just told her that the commercial really made it seem that the ticket was now included in my package.Message me if you need more info.

So you are a returning customer (not a new one) and you just got the Ticket for free?!?! That's good to know. I've been paying $180 for the ticket the last few years but free sounds much better.

:wacko: I've been a Direct TV customer and a Sunday Ticket subscriber for 15 years. The economy and the NFL greed made me mad and sad enough to dump the Sunday Ticket. The recent ads about getting free Sunday Ticket made me jump through many hoops and phone numbers to give free TV football a try. I failed ! You must be a new customer to get the free package. If you're an old customer.... you are screwed!

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off the phone with the customer retention rep and was told they wouldn't give it to me for less than $204. I told her a few people I knew had got the package for $130 and she basically called me a liar. I cancelled and will call back.

Wow. They must have clamped down, they were throwing it around in late May.