[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Harrison Mens Journal Article

Scooby's Hubby

He's an idiot........seriously. I wish they would show the entire article, but, anti-gay slurs, the race card, etc, etc. The guy can play football, but, he is a stupid moran, who should keep his mouth shut. I'll admit, it is getting embarrassing how the Steelers are making the headlines for all the wrong reasons. I hope one of the Rooney's gets some balls and steps in, as this is not what "The Chief" built, and he would be completely embarrassed if he were around to see this garbage.

He's an idiot........seriously. I wish they would show the entire article, but, anti-gay slurs, the race card, etc, etc. The guy can play football, but, he is a stupid moran, who should keep his mouth shut. I'll admit, it is getting embarrassing how the Steelers are making the headlines for all the wrong reasons. I hope one of the Rooney's gets some balls and steps in, as this is not what "The Chief" built, and he would be completely embarrassed if he were around to see this garbage.

the problem is that the players making headlines the last few years are your best players. No one on the Steelers admin team has the balls to deal with these guys. This goes for all teams in the NFL. If you are a key member of the team, you get special treatment. That will never change. that is generally the same in real life. Too much money at stake here.

He lost the respect of all Steeler fans. I was looking at this Facebook page, and Steeler fans are ripping him apart I thought he went overboard, obviously, with his ripping of Goodell. Then, he goes and calls out his teammates. He had one tack in the Super Bowl, while Aaron Rogers was tearing the defense apart. I seriously hope that Rooney ships him out of town. The Steelers used to do things the right way and were different than other teams in that they didn't stand for this kind of garbage. Now, with Roethlsiberger, Mendenhall & this bigmouth idiot, the Steelers are in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. I'm completely disgusted by Harrison's comments. I hope the Rooney's do the right thing and send him packing. Mendenhall's comments may have been stupid, but, he didn't rip his teammates in public. That is what bothers me the most.

Edited by Menudo

the problem is that the players making headlines the last few years are your best players. No one on the Steelers admin team has the balls to deal with these guys.

yup. they (and their most vocal fans :tup: ) talk about how character matters, but if proving it means potentially costing the team wins, well, hey, every team out there has scumbags as their team leaders and best players :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

yup. they (and their most vocal fans :tup: ) talk about how character matters, but if proving it means potentially costing the team wins, well, hey, every team out there has scumbags as their team leaders and best players :wacko:

Character does matter to me. I wanted them to get rid of Roethlisberger, and I now want them to get rid of Harrison. I don't care if it makes the team take a step back and they lose more games because of it. However, unfortunately, I have no control over those decisions. I would applaud the Rooney's if they sent Harrison packing, just as I did went they got rid of Santonio, just like I would have had they got rid of Roethlisberger.

This team used to stand as an example of a team that did things the right way. Sadly, that is not longer the case. These public embarrassments have been tough to watch as a long time fan. It is an example of guys putting themselves above the team, and that didn't use to be the case. It used to mean something to be a Steeler. There was a responsibility that came along with that. Unfortunately, that seems to have disappeared. The fact that it these incidents are coming from their best players and/or team leaders only makes it worse.

I obviously have no defense for this team and their constant off the field embarrassments anymore. I hope they do the right thing, but, I no longer have confidence that they will.

Edited by Menudo

the problem is that the players making headlines the last few years are your best players. No one on the Steelers admin team has the balls to deal with these guys. This goes for all teams in the NFL. If you are a key member of the team, you get special treatment. That will never change. that is generally the same in real life. Too much money at stake here.

Kinda like the guy in your avatar.

zero, I don't think he can get fined since there in a lockout

Actually the NFL is trying to pool all the money it can to have our football as a worldwide sport, so yes they will get fined.

However Harrison did throw one very full bouquet to another teammate, current defensive player of the year Troy Polamalu.

"He's the one guy in football I respect absolutely, 'cause he's spiritual and lives it like he talks it," Harrison said of the star safety.

"You know, he gets more flags than anyone on our team but never gets fined for nothin'. He's so polite and talks so softly that he could tell Goodell to kiss his (butt), and Goodell would smile and say thank you."

:wacko:

Edited by WaterMan

Harrison is a cheap shot artist with a big mouth. I think the NFL should make an example out of him, and suspend him for the year.

They should just draft only people who are mute. It would make the owners and the older fans happy.

:wacko:

If he's bashing Roethlisberger and mendenhall for how they played in the SB, should he really be praising Troy? Greg Jennings made him look silly. As did the entire offense. I also don't remember Harrison having any plays of impact in the SB... I think he had what... One tackle?

Disclaimer... (looking at you menudo)

I'm not saying Troy isn't the best safety in the league. I think he is. I just think trying to point the finger at Roethlisberger and Mendenhall for the SB loss is crap. Roethlisberger had nothing to do with Rodgers QB Rating.

If he's bashing Roethlisberger and mendenhall for how they played in the SB, should he really be praising Troy? Greg Jennings made him look silly. As did the entire offense. I also don't remember Harrison having any plays of impact in the SB... I think he had what... One tackle?

Disclaimer... (looking at you menudo)

I'm not saying Troy isn't the best safety in the league. I think he is. I just think trying to point the finger at Roethlisberger and Mendenhall for the SB loss is crap. Roethlisberger had nothing to do with Rodgers QB Rating.

He probably didn't want to get fined again and instead just slowed down.