[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

James Harrison Mens Journal Article

Scooby's Hubby

If he's bashing Roethlisberger and mendenhall for how they played in the SB, should he really be praising Troy? Greg Jennings made him look silly. As did the entire offense. I also don't remember Harrison having any plays of impact in the SB... I think he had what... One tackle?

Disclaimer... (looking at you menudo)

I'm not saying Troy isn't the best safety in the league. I think he is. I just think trying to point the finger at Roethlisberger and Mendenhall for the SB loss is crap. Roethlisberger had nothing to do with Rodgers QB Rating.

I said essentially the same thing in my post earlier. Rodgers lit up the defense. Blaming Ben & Mendenhall is laughable.

I'd be curious to see bushwacked's take on this.

There are a fair share of starting outside linebackers in the NFL who are selfish racist homophobes. James Harrison is a victim of being on a high profile team,who people take shots at because they win, in this particular instance. Also, what James said was the act of a scumbag, but, none of us KNOW if he meant it. Those who claim they know he meant it are full of it, plain and simple.

What you said:

There are a fair share of starting outside linebackers in the NFL who are selfish racist homophobes. James Harrison is a victim of being on a high profile team,who people take shots at because they win, in this particular instance. Also, what James said was the act of a scumbag, but, none of us KNOW if he meant it. Those who claim they know he meant it are full of it, plain and simple.

How I interpreted it:

Menudo is a victim. Also, what Menudo said was the act of a scumbag.

Seriously? This is were you are going to take refuge? What an amazing talent you have. This absolutely defines "obtuse".

Seriously?

Yes. The general public loves to get outraged because we need to project apparent shortcomings in athletes or celebrities to make ourselves feel better. Just this morning my coworkers and I were calling our boss's boss a homo and we all got a good laugh. Yet I actually got promoted last week, true story. But, when a pro football player does it on a high profile team, it becomes a "disgrace."

The fundamental moral breakdown in our society is always convenient to place on guys like James Harrison, who has the courage to joke around and throw caution to the wind.

The Steelers had a chance to be the team that truly was different from the others. However, after keeping Roethlisberger around, they proved that they are the team that is different from the others, UNLESS the player causing problems is their multi-million dollar, Super Bowl winning QB. That was a big mistake and one that they can't take back. They should have shipped out Roethlisberger, which would have shown the other players that the Steelers are not going to stand for that type of behavior. Getting rid of Santonio, but, keeping Roethlisberger showed that they aren't truly about character first. If they had dropped Roethlisberger, does Harrison even go out and make the statements he made, throwing teammates under tthe bus, showing himself to be an idiot. Maybe he still would, but, he would expect to face the consequences from the team. Now, if the Steelers get rid of him, he will bring up Roethlisberger, and he will have a point. The Steelers did this to themselves when they kept Ben. Now, they are facing the consequences, as they are no longer the team that does the right thing. They are the team that showed they care more about winning than they do about integrity.

Yes, it was fun watching them go to the Super Bowl last year, and it has been fun watching them have so much success. However, I miss the days when they were a successful team and also had integrity.

I know it is a gray area, as you can't get rid of everyone who gets in any trouble at all. People make mistakes, but, it is the level of the mistake and the amount of transgressions that have come from the same person.

What I wish they would have done is got rid of Santonio AND Ben, set the rules in place, and then they could now get rid of Harrison for publicly throwing his teammates under the bus, and saying despicable things about the commissioner. I think Ward & Mendenhall made mistakes, but, they have both been pretty clean in the past, and their mistakes are no where near the amount of issues from Santonio or the level of classlessness shown by Ben.

Like I said it is a thin line, and might be tough to monitor, but, the simple fact is this......if Ben Roethlisberger was ANYONE else on that team, he would have been traded out of town. The minute the Steelers kept Roethlisberger, they chose winning over integrity, and recently have been an embarrassment.

Edited by Menudo

:tup:

That was particularly well done. :wacko:

I was always under the assumption that you take a man on his word. He seemed pretty clear with the words he chose to use in a national publication. He is a racist scumbag. Plain and simple. Calling Goodell a "devil," and saying that Clay Matthews is "all hype" are racist comments. I have to admit, that I've been a Harrison hater for a long time. And his recent activities have definitely secured my feelings on him. However, I would piss on him if he was burning.

I was always under the assumption that you take a man on his word. He seemed pretty clear with the words he chose to use in a national publication. He is a racist scumbag. Plain and simple. Calling Goodell a "devil," and saying that Clay Matthews is "all hype" are racist comments. I have to admit, that I've been a Harrison hater for a long time. And his recent activities have definitely secured my feelings on him. However, I would piss on him if he was burning.

His post was purely satirical.

Sometimes, no matter how hard anyone tries, at the end of the day, you just can't fix dumb. Steelers are turning into "that: team. What a great organzition that every team wanted to be and model themselves around....but welcome to 2011. I don't see too many teams, even with the continued success, that wants to be anything like the Steelers... In past year...

Holmes- drugs and later on battery

Roethlisburger- womanizer (but to the extremee- accused of rape)

Mendenhall- Bin Ladden supporter

Ward- DUI

Harrison- eh, born dumb and will never change (cancer to team)

Who's next to hurt the reputation of this once proud franchise?

Sure they are. :wacko:

I guess to waterman, you have to use the N word or for an African American to call a white guy a cracker to be considered a racist.

He'll probably give a short, smart assed response to this as well. Nothing new. :tup:

Edited by fitzkek

I guess to waterman, you have to use the N word or for an African American to call a white guy a cracker to be considered a racist.

He'll probably give a short, smart assed response to this as well. Nothing new. :wacko:

Please explain how this is racist:

But Goodell, who’s a devil, ain’t hearing that. Where’s the damn discretion, the common sense?”

“My rep is James Harrison, mean son of a bitch who loves hitting the hell out of people,” he says. “But up until last year, there was no word of me being dirty — till Roger Goodell, who’s a crook and a puppet, said I was the dirtiest player in the league. If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it. I hate him and will never respect him.”

Seems to me he hates Goodell the person. I don't see anywhere that Goodell is hated for his race. Way to jump the gun.

Madden's video game will have some new mini-games this year: "Ben's Bathroom Trap", "Tape Harrison's Mouth Shut", "Delete Mendenhall's Twitter Account ", and "Hide HInes Car Keys" :wacko:

Madden's video game will have some new mini-games this year: "Ben's Bathroom Trap", "Tape Harrison's Mouth Shut", "Delete Mendenhall's Twitter Account ", and "Hide HInes Car Keys" :wacko:

Keep your chin up, GB. It could be worse - McDaniels could have been hired as the HC and sent all the talent packing so that he could be surrounded with players that like him.