[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone Taking the Year Off?

McBoog

I am really considering a year off. No pay leagues, no free leagues. Just watching football and not worrying about who is doing what in the games I am watching.

I will probably fold and do a free league in Yahoo to keep in touch with who's who so I'm not too far behind next year, but since free leagues suck, I won't have to really worry about it on game day.

There was just something about the whole lockout/CBA thingy that killed a lot of my interest. I didn't want to get too hyped just in case we had some f'd up season or none at all. I'm so chilly to the whole thing, it is going to take a lot to get me hyped up.

Thoughts?

I am really considering a year off. No pay leagues, no free leagues. Just watching football and not worrying about who is doing what in the games I am watching.

I will probably fold and do a free league in Yahoo to keep in touch with who's who so I'm not too far behind next year, but since free leagues suck, I won't have to really worry about it on game day.

There was just something about the whole lockout/CBA thingy that killed a lot of my interest. I didn't want to get too hyped just in case we had some f'd up season or none at all. I'm so chilly to the whole thing, it is going to take a lot to get me hyped up.

Thoughts?

Are you nuts ? This is my life!

I would so kick your butt in FF. Wanna join a league and prove me wrong? :rofl:

BTW: we still havn't had a Huddle day at a Charger game yet. We are sadly slacking.

NICE throwdown, BUT, not taking the bait! :tup:

Now living in the Houston area, THAT would be a long roadtrip! :wacko:

I know a guy that works for the Texans and was 2 hours away from being the ball boy, ON the FIELD, at the Charger / Texan game last year when my dang Blackberry went off and I had to go do my real job! :lol:

Are you nuts ? This is my life!

Gee dude. :wacko: Considering the source, I think you just made my point for me (no offense :tup: )

....as we get older, we realize football, (and FF football), is not the most important thing.

At this point in my life, I play the leagues I do because of the people in them, not because of FF.

Correct on both counts. I am NOT taking the year off....

Why would the lockout make you not want to play FF? Its a business. When there is $9 billion dollars to be divided and so many hands in the piggy bank there are going to be disputes and issues. You didn't stop driving when the automakers busted or stop putting your money in the bank when the financial system was on the brink did you?

We won't miss a single minute of football this season and a month from now no one will even remember the lockout. Its just the way we are.

I used to have a blast with FFball, but over the years I discovered that it was affecting me in a negative way and that I was enjoying Sundays less and less. My players never seemed to do well, or even if I had that one guy who went off for a big game, I'd soon learn that my opponent had the kicker who kicked 5 field goals, or a tight end who caught 2 tds....nullifying my players' great day. Pile that on top of very frustrating seasons since 2005 for my Broncos, and I had had enough. I stopped playing last year, expecting just to watch football, relax, and enjoy the game.

Little did I know that 2010 would be the Broncos' worst season in decades. In any case, I was glad I stopped playing FFball last year---as the aggravation would have been too much for me to handle.

So, I'd say take a year off and see how it feels.

**Note: DMD and WW have provided us with the best FFBall site on the web, and although I may not be playing FFBall anymore, I don't think I would want to stop visiting this site and catching up with all the latest news. :wacko:

:wacko:

I knew you would like that one; and I echo your statement, actually. I have been a commissioner of two leagues since 1998, one made up of people from high school and the other from my first real job out of college. The only time I get to see any of these people is at the draft. Non-stop laughter and smack talking, 2 of my favorite things.

I**Note: DMD and WW have provided us with the best FFBall site on the web, and although I may not be playing FFBall anymore, I don't think I would want to stop visiting this site and catching up with all the latest news. :tup:

:wacko:

Brown noses are not welcome here.

I have too much fun with fantasy football. I'm not going to take the year off unless there's no season.

Bingo. I still really love it. I love the trash talking and strategy. All of it . Plus add in what Chief said and its great

I was thinking about doing this very thing but then Chief pretty much summed up my feelings. I am certainly no where near as obsessive about FF as I used to be though.