[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFB Team Names

Chloroform Rx

Sort of a random question...

For those of you that play in multiple leagues: do you use the same team name, or do you have different names for each league? I have what I would call my "big money league" that I have played in for about 5 years now; last year is the first time I played in multiple money leagues, and this year it is up to 3. I'm just curious to know how you guys go about naming your teams. Do you take pride as an individual FFB player and keep the same name, or do you change it up? I've seen it all, even the Chia Pet in my league who changes his team name 3 times a week.

Just something to discuss for the time being.

I actually think it's funny as hell when a guy keeps changing his name, provide the names are, of course, funny.

Me? I pretty much stick with one name for each league but don't use the same in more than one. I will, however, change the name from year to year.

Smurf Turf, what are you referring to? What horrible name did he use?

He is refering to my username as it correlates to the Casey Anthony tribulations. As is evident I made this username in 2008 so there was nothing intentional here. It is not a reference to anything regarding either Casey or Caylee. But due to prevailing circumstances, I'd be more than willing to change my username if an admin were willing to work with me. Again, nothing intentional.

He is refering to my username as it correlates to the Casey Anthony tribulations. As is evident I made this username in 2008 so there was nothing intentional here. It is not a reference to anything regarding either Casey or Caylee. But due to prevailing circumstances, I'd be more than willing to change my username if an admin were willing to work with me. Again, nothing intentional.

I think I'm the one person in the US who knows almost nothing about that trial.

Casey Anthony Trial. It was one of the most publicized trials/cases in US history. In any event, this is not the direction I saw this thread going. Oh well.

Meh, don't take offense to the a guy who seems to only come on to make negative posts. We're on a fantasy football board, not a mourning site, so you shouldn't worry about whether your username all of the sudden became arbitrarily offensive:

That brings us to team names, where you're encouraged to be as arbitrarily offensive as possible... Na, seriously, I like to pick a different team name for different leagues, because they're different teams, and it helps give you a feeling of individuality with your different teams.

Of course, if I like another name better, or am changing the faces of my franchise, then I'll sometimes switch my name. It's great to have a few who are constantly coming up with a new hilarious name, but when too many people start changing theirs, it starts becoming confusing which team is which. So I like to reserve that for when the season begins or my team has been too irrelevant for it to matter.

But to me it's part of the fun to find a name/avatar that suits your team and stick with it, especially if it's a dynasty team, or you have an engraved trophy that gets passed on. Makes for better bragging rights when that squad dominates them yearly. :wacko:

I usually change them depending on who the league is with. I can get away with funnier but more rude humor with old college buddies than I can in a work league. I'm fine with people changing or keeping their name. Sometimes something better comes along and you have to upgrade (or something topical happens and you have to change for a bit).

On your name thing, i didn't put the two together and as the topic fades from the 24 hour news cycle less people will associate the two. I'd say keep it if you like it and most FF players won't even notice.

Meh, don't take offense to the a guy who seems to only come on to make negative posts. We're on a fantasy football board, not a mourning site, so you shouldn't worry about whether your username all of the sudden became arbitrarily offensive:

That brings us to team names, where you're encouraged to be as arbitrarily offensive as possible... Na, seriously, I like to pick a different team name for different leagues, because they're different teams, and it helps give you a feeling of individuality with your different teams.

Of course, if I like another name better, or am changing the faces of my franchise, then I'll sometimes switch my name. It's great to have a few who are constantly coming up with a new hilarious name, but when too many people start changing theirs, it starts becoming confusing which team is which. So I like to reserve that for when the season begins or my team has been too irrelevant for it to matter.

But to me it's part of the fun to find a name/avatar that suits your team and stick with it, especially if it's a dynasty team, or you have an engraved trophy that gets passed on. Makes for better bragging rights when that squad dominates them yearly. :wacko:

+1 ... just another yahoo that tries his best to ruffle feathers any way he can. I wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

As for team names, I'm in 3 dynasties... those all stay the same. My longtime "local" that I'm no longer in, I'd always use the same name. I'm in a couple other redrafts, one of which I keep the same, the other I change it up. I am in some MFL "Facebook" leagues, and used Fletch characters/references for each.

I'm only in one league atm and my team name changed from year 1 to 2 but has stayed the same sense then.. If i were to join another league (which I'd like to but the lockout has put a damper on people starting up leagues) I'd keep the same name so people simply know who I am and who they are playing against.

I think the best name change I saw during the season was a friend changed his name to Mash Unit after 3 or 4 of his starters went down...