[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are Philly fans ready for a dose of Favre?

tazinib1

You knew it was too good to be true. Too good to be true that we would have zero Favre talk in 2011. Well sorry folks, even though this one is the "longest of long shots", according to the Philly Enquire's Jeff McClane, any Favre story is gonna have some teeth. And I love the fact it involves Philly, who almost certainly loses Kolb to Arizona creating a huge hole in the b/u QB department. Unless they are not being truthful in there statements that this is a SB year, they can be content on having Mike Kafka leading them to the promised land via a Vick injury. McClane is basing his story on "many league sources". :wacko:

:tup:

Edited by tazinib1

You knew it was too good to be true. Too good to be true that we would have zero Favre talk in 2011. Well sorry folks, even though this one is the "longest of long shots", according to the Philly Enquire's Jeff McClane, any Favre story is gonna have some teeth. And I love the fact it involves Philly, who almost certainly loses Kolb to Arizona creating a huge hole in the b/u QB department. Unless they are not being truthful in there statements that this is a SB year, they can be content on having Mike Kafka leading them to the promised land via a Vick injury. McClane is basing his story on "many league sources". :wacko:

This is definately the type of thing that will make me give up football for a year or so.

Countdown until Zooty enters this thread with a firearm, demanding this kind of talk cease.

one of the sources was Howard Eskin who, although in Reid's back-pocket, will say anything to help his ratings on the radio

I'll let Swammi lead the conversation. I'm under the assumption that Vince Young is their man :wacko:

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2011/07/24/g...in-brett-favre/

Whether it was done to stir the pot or just to get his name in the news, Howard Eskin of WIP has sure caused a stir with the statement that the Eagles would have interest in former Packers, Jets and Vikings QB Brett Favre as a possible backup to Mike Vick.

While outlets all over the place picked up the story, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is quickly ending it, stating the following Sunday afternoon on Twitter.

Let’s end the uproar now, 2 Eagles sources tell me an emphatic No to Favre coming there to back up Michael Vick. Not the option they are on.

So there’s that. There was the interesting tidbit about the Tweet that Mike Vick sent out that stated he would love to have Favre as the teams backup that was quickly taken off his account, but maybe Vick himself didn’t want to stir the pot.

Favre’s name will continue to be in the news over the next few weeks – that’s a given. But it sounds like the Eagles are going to do what it takes to make sure their name isn’t attached to it.

Glazer’s tweet is only the start of that.