[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

16-game Thursday night schedule?

montster

One interesting point from this Yahoo article that I didn't see mentioned anywhere:

One wrinkle to the new schedule is that there will most likely be a 16-game Thursday night schedule, up from eight games over the last few years. This was a solid compromise between the owners' desire for more revenue and the players' need to protect themselves from overexposure to the risks of full-contact football.

any backup plan for those without NFLN?

IIRC, the additional games on top of those already on NFLN would be up for grabs among the networks... Don't quote me on that, will try to look and see if I can find the article, but that's what I remember reading before...

Is Uverse available in your area? If so, or even if not, I'd try to use the NFLN as a bargaining chip with your cable company to stay with them, or call AT&T and tell them how much your paying now... In my case, they found a way to save me money and get the package with NFLN included. SOLD!!

Edited by delusions of granduer

We gave up all cable/satellite subscriptions. I've got an HDTV antenna, internet and netflix.

It might be cheaper to get cable for four months than go to the bar every Thursday and Monday nights.

Hey Tim, wanna go to the bar every Thursday and Monday nights? :wacko:

LOL, you live right next to me now. You could always come over and we can buy a 12 pack of Pabst blue ribbon and watch it on my Plasma.

I see that has a excellent resolution to the 18 game extension.

This is really an unrelated issue. Per the new CBA I've heard that the addition of games to the schedule can be proposed starting in 2013. But the NFLPA must approve any addition.

This is really an unrelated issue. Per the new CBA I've heard that the addition of games to the schedule can be proposed starting in 2013. But the NFLPA must approve any addition.

But adding the additional revenue to the owners pushed that bargining chip down the road (yes, that means we can do this another day). Enough to at least get a deal struck by giving the owners more dollars without the additional liability of more games for a potential injury.

You're on, except that I'll buy the beer... good beer.

I'll notify the wife and kids that football Thursday's will need to be avoided for any family activities :wacko:

please don't come back here reporting about your butterfly kisses

Based on the language in the Yahoo! article, it starts this year. No real reason to wait.

Well other than the schedule is already out and someone would need to decide which Sunday games to move and make sure the appropriate stadium is available on Thursday night.

I like the idea of Thursday Night games. It makes FF more complicated and there will be a player or 2 that will have to be set before the Sunday games roll around. It also allows the majority of the fans watch more teams that they wouldn't normally watch. If the Packers and the Browns play during the season mainly Packer and Browns fans watch. If it is a Thursday game all of a sudden everyone watches cause it's the only game on. It makes the Networks happy, the NFL happy, and the players reasonable happy...

Well other than the schedule is already out and someone would need to decide which Sunday games to move and make sure the appropriate stadium is available on Thursday night.

They have flexed games every year at the end of the season. 1 week notice. Don't see how this wouldn't be very similar...only difference would be that they would need to tell teams with 2+ weeks notice so they could prepare for the short week.

Theoretically, every team should be required to play one Thursday game (some would play more, since there are multiple games Thanksgiving).

They have flexed games every year at the end of the season. 1 week notice. Don't see how this wouldn't be very similar...only difference would be that they would need to tell teams with 2+ weeks notice so they could prepare for the short week.

Theoretically, every team should be required to play one Thursday game (some would play more, since there are multiple games Thanksgiving).

The difference is the flexed game at the end is just moving a game from Sunday afternoon to evening. The stadium and staff are available already and nothing else is in there. If you move a game to be 3 days earlier there might be some complications to that.

I assume this will start in 2012 or are they going to move some scheduled games from Sundays to Thursdays for this season?

According to a proposal last month, it won't start until 2014 to coincide with new TV contracts that year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...ght-tv-package/