[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olive Garden

nuke'em ttg

• 9 years later...
On 8/2/2011 at 8:07 PM, untateve said:

chain restaurants suck. they have boring, bland, unimaginative food that can be easily mass produced. If that makes me a snob, so be it. I have limited $$ to spend on dining out experiences. fk if I'm going to piss away my hard earned coin on crappy food.

Since the old thread was already resurrected.... I used to go to chain restaurants more often, but have been moving away from that. But sometimes there are limited options, time to find a place to eat and drive there etc. For example on many of our motorcycle trips we ride all day, get in late in the day, sometimes into the dinner hour, a recent 350 mile to Lewisburg WV had us arriving around 7PM. After checking into our rooms, getting changed and cleaning up a bit the Ruby Tuesday next door was our best bet (we've been in this location for years and usually have dinner there one night). Its a short walk (we don't like riding somewhere to dinner after being on the bike all day) and the food is decent, plus they have beer. Recently a Mexican restaurant opened nearby, a bit longer walk with some hills and dealing with car traffic (streets with no sidewalks) but we went there for dinner the other 2 nights. 

My point...some people act like they'd never eat at a chain restaurant, and look down on people who do. Sometimes there isn't much of an option. Same thing goes for long car trips, its a chain (usually fast food) for lunch, don't have time to seek out the fine dining or local diner options. On motorcycle trips for lunch I always try to find that family diner type place, and save them in the GPS so I can return again. 

At home its mostly my favorite Chinese and Mexican restaurants, BBQ from one of 2 small chains, and pizza from a chain that is convenient and reasonably priced. 

• 1 month later...