[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FA Predictions thread

BearBroncos

I think the Ravens cleaned house to bring in Asomugha.

I don't know what it is about the Ravens, but they have a weird way of luring in Oakland CBs (Carr, Washington).

They play very similarly to Oakland's defense, no? A lot of isolation outsides with safety help over the top and heavy pressure inside?

Nope. Jets will get Asomugha.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8210..._headline_stack

The New York Jets are negotiating with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, considered by many to be the top free agent in this year's market, The Star-Ledger reported Tuesday, citing two people with knowledge of the talks.

ESPN reported Tuesday that Asomugha might be willing to take less money to play for a contender and that he's interested in pursuing an acting career when his playing days are over. That would seem to favor the Jets.

Edited by Infinity

Dallas wish list

Since we dont have the cap room for Asomugha

Resign OT - Doug Free - (reported done - 4 yr deal worth $32 mil)

Resign OG - Kyle Kosier - (reportedly in works)

Renegotiate Marc Colombo - (reportedly in works)

Resign DE - Stephen Bowen

Sign FS - Michael Huff

Sign CB - Antonio Cromartie

Sign SS - Abram Elam

OL, Secondary, and Pass Rush were the Cowboys 3 biggest weakness last yr. Free and Kosier played well, and they drafted Tyron Smith in the 1st round to improve the OL. Those 3 signings above would certainly help the secondary. And Anthony Spencer needs to revert back to 2009 to give the Boys the pass rush improvement they need.

Now Im not saying this makes Dallas SB contenders, but 6 of those 7 players combined will cost in the neighborhood of what Asomugha will get, and Dallas has more hole than 1 CB.

Cromartie is the only player I have yet hear linked to Dallas, but they were interested in trading for him, giving up Marion Barber for him when Barber had value.

Edited by Brent

Don't know how I feel about that. He and Revis would be death to WRs everywhere. But we have so many other needs...WR, pass rush. Is it a luxury OR does he help the pass rush?

I agree here. Them signing him spells death to that offense in they won't be able to afford a solid #1 receiver which Sanchez absolutely needs.

Another bold prediction is Roy Williams going to St. Louis (which I would hate fantasy wise considering the receivers some of my fantasy teams have invested in some of those rookie receivers). They have the capital and in the market for a #1 and I bet they can get Roy to even lower his price tag.

I think if Roy does go to St. Louis, his value sky rockets under a McDaniels scheme (see Lloyd).

Dallas wish list

Since we dont have the cap room for Asomugha

Resign OT - Doug Free - (reported done - 4 yr deal worth $32 mil)

Resign OG - Kyle Kosier - (reportedly in works)

Renegotiate Marc Colombo - (reportedly in works)

Resign DE - Stephen Bowen

Sign FS - Michael Huff

Sign CB - Antonio Cromartie

Sign SS - Abram Elam

OL, Secondary, and Pass Rush were the Cowboys 3 biggest weakness last yr. Free and Kosier played well, and they drafted Tyron Smith in the 1st round to improve the OL. Those 3 signings above would certainly help the secondary. And Anthony Spencer needs to revert back to 2009 to give the Boys the pass rush improvement they need.

Now Im not saying this makes Dallas SB contenders, but 6 of those 7 players combined will cost in the neighborhood of what Asomugha will get, and Dallas has more hole than 1 CB.

Cromartie is the only player I have yet hear linked to Dallas, but they were interested in trading for him, giving up Marion Barber for him when Barber had value.

Free Signed. YES love it.

Colombo looks like he is being kept. Love this move. I didn't think they could let him go just yet.

Huff. Would love to have him but don't know if we have the coin.

Cromartie is a head case. BIG TIME. Not sure I want him on our roster.

As far as FS goes, I am hoping one of our young players can step up. MCcann or Church. I hear this kid Mario Butler CB from GT has some skills. We could sure use a young find at CB.

A buddy of mine who works for the Jets is telling me that the Santonio Holmes deal is done and he is a Jet. I am taking him at his word as there is nothing on the web about it. If he is wrong, I got me some crow to eat.

Edit to add: Nothing in the NY papers this morning, on the web, on Twitter.

WHEW...I feel much better now!