[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santonio to stay in NY

alexgaddis

Agreed, and if they do find a way to get Asomugha then this team will be freaking unstoppable. Unless Sanchez has an utter breakdown, I can't see how this team can't go all the way???

I have no idea how that would work with the cap space they have. Unless Aso takes significantly less money to sign there for a ring. I think the Ravens are just as likely, esp for playoff chances. Plus they could offer more money.

doesn't matter how good Holmes is, he still needs a QB to throw him the ball

As I said, as long as Sanchez doesn't have an utter break down, they can afford having a mid grade QB running this offense. Huge front gaurds will allow them to run at will and Green will be a key to their success which will then allow for Sanchez to have more time in the pocket. Even if they stink, having Revis and Amosugha will make then in the game even if they only score 6 points.

I don't think B. Smith will demand a huge chunk of change and even if they didn't resign him, his ability as a receiver was nothing stellar. Plus, there is a ton of good FA's out there that would love to become a Jet with a defense like theirs that makes them a winner in 2011.

but if they got Nmadi, then my guess is B. Smith and B. Edwards are both gone, who are the WR's going to be that Sanchez is throwing too? Is Cotchery the WR2 in NY?

Cotch can be a good #2 WR. Don't forget about Dustin Keller, either. He can put up WR numbers from the TE spot. Removing Braylon may make the Jets better because more throws go to your best playmaker (Holmes) and to two more sure handed guys (Cotch and Keller). Add in LT on 3rd downs and the Jets predominantly running offense will have more than enough balls to go around.

doesn't matter how good Holmes is, he still needs a QB to throw him the ball

Shonne Green won't cut the mustard. You can have a great defense, but if the Jet running game cannot get first downs with a lead, teams like the Patriots will eventually catch up and adjust in the 4th Q. A strong running game needs to be paired with that super defense.

Shonne Green won't cut the mustard. You can have a great defense, but if the Jet running game cannot get first downs with a lead, teams like the Patriots will eventually catch up and adjust in the 4th Q. A strong running game needs to be paired with that super defense.

Why do you say that? I think having Green as the power broker and McKnight as the finesse, outlet guy gives that attack another dimension. Don't forget that LT is still there.

I think that is a strange comment from you, considering that NYJ was ranked 4th in rushing last year.

Edited by BearBroncos

Why do you say that? I think having Green as the power broker and McKnight as the finesse, outlet guy gives that attack another dimension. Don't forget that LT is still there.

I think that is a strange comment from you, considering that NYJ was ranked 4th in rushing last year.

when you have the lead you run. the Jets ran the ball 534 times. LT is older, Greene showed last season that he is average at best. They only averaged 200 yards passing per game. McKnight had 1 carry in the playoffs, 39 regular season. Your TE was your leading receiver with 55 catches. LT must be replaced and McKnight is unproven. LT suprised everyone at the beginning of the year only to show his age during the 2nd half of the season.

Wouldn't Deangelo Williams look good in a NYJ uniform?

when you have the lead you run. the Jets ran the ball 534 times. LT is older, Greene showed last season that he is average at best. They only averaged 200 yards passing per game. McKnight had 1 carry in the playoffs, 39 regular season. Your TE was your leading receiver with 55 catches. LT must be replaced and McKnight is unproven. LT suprised everyone at the beginning of the year only to show his age during the 2nd half of the season.

Wouldn't Deangelo Williams look good in a NYJ uniform?

Not really when you have two capable backs. McKnight made a huge rebound last season so took some of the scare out of NY fans in that he has some really nice skill. Green hasn't shown that he is a monster runner, yet, but they really haven't given him the keys yet. I think he can be a 20 possession runner and with McKnight's speed, I think they will still be a top 5 running team with the transition form LT/Green/McKnight to Green/McKnight/LT.

Not really when you have two capable backs. McKnight made a huge rebound last season so took some of the scare out of NY fans in that he has some really nice skill. Green hasn't shown that he is a monster runner, yet, but they really haven't given him the keys yet. I think he can be a 20 possession runner and with McKnight's speed, I think they will still be a top 5 running team with the transition form LT/Green/McKnight to Green/McKnight/LT.

Maybe they can win by just throwing for 200 yards per game again, but if they throw more, then do not expect being ranked 4th in rushing yards. McKnight, with less than 40 carries all year last year, is unproven. The status quo relies heavily on LT playing young like the beginning of last year and/or McKnight being able to handle a much increased work load and doing well at it. At least you are in a defensively weak division, LoL, so that should help your numbers.