[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush to Miami?

montster

:wacko: <- Daniel Thomas Owner

I am a Daniel Thomas owner as well and like this for Thomas' prospects well more than if they got Bradshaw or DeAngelo. I think that this is a great signing. Its not like Miami wasn't going to go with SOME sort of committee. They have completely different games and Bush gives the team a different way to move the chains which stops stalled drives and gives more carries to Thomas. They are also so different in skill-set that there are a lot of chances for both of them to be on the field together.

I am a Daniel Thomas owner as well and like this for Thomas' prospects well more than if they got Bradshaw or DeAngelo. I think that this is a great signing. Its not like Miami wasn't going to go with SOME sort of committee. They have completely different games and Bush gives the team a different way to move the chains which stops stalled drives and gives more carries to Thomas. They are also so different in skill-set that there are a lot of chances for both of them to be on the field together.

agree. i would think Thomas owners would be ecstatic.

I'd hoped he'd resign with the Saints, but I'm guessing he'll be happier in Miami. He should get a fair workload, but the question still remains, will he start playing more consistently? I know our offense will miss him.

this is great for people targeting Thomas in re-draft leagues. It should drop his ADP by like 2 rounds which should make him more of a steal considering he should get all the goal line work.

Do you see any upsdie for Ivory? He played well when called upon last season.

I like Ivory as a sleeper, but he also has had injury problems,but when he's played he's been a stud. It'll probably take Ingram a while to get the blocking scheme down so I don't see why Ivory wouldn't get goal line and 3rd down work for atleast the first couple weeks till Ingram is ready.

Remember Hamilton is also a potential to return and before his injury, beat out Ivory for that #2 spot (and me, I thought could fight for the starting gig). Nothing that they will release him and what Iv'e read is that he is now 100%.

There is still a cluster in the Big Easy, even with Bush out of the picture.

this is great for people targeting Thomas in re-draft leagues. It should drop his ADP by like 2 rounds which should make him more of a steal considering he should get all the goal line work.

PT will = Kevin Faulk. I'd let someone else take him at this point. Ingram & Ivory will get the bulk of the carries.

I think he does still have some value & could begin the season as the starter with Ingram splitting some time. I think in the long run though Ingram will cut more & more into his time & possibly sooner rather than later if Ivory gets dinged again. I actually see the two as interchangeable to start out, but Ingram has a lot more upside. Hamilton will get a few short yardage carries & PT, I'm guessing will probably get Bush's workload.

according to michael lombardi, Bush has been told he will be the man in Miami, that's interesting.

I'm not buying it...

PT will = Kevin Faulk. I'd let someone else take him at this point. Ingram & Ivory will get the bulk of the carries.

I think he does still have some value & could begin the season as the starter with Ingram splitting some time. I think in the long run though Ingram will cut more & more into his time & possibly sooner rather than later if Ivory gets dinged again. I actually see the two as interchangeable to start out, but Ingram has a lot more upside. Hamilton will get a few short yardage carries & PT, I'm guessing will probably get Bush's workload.

I'm not buying it...

sorry, meant Daniel Thomas(not Pierre). With the signing of Bush his ADP should drop some which is good IMO cause he'll still be the most fantasy relevant man in that backfield.

Bush was a PPR machine in New Orleans. Who gets his catches (i.e. runs the routes he used to run in the offense)? I'm thinking Lance Moore might benefit from this move. Thoughts?

ETA - I have the perfect avatar for this... "WE'VE GOT BUSH!"

Edited by MTSuper7

Bush was a PPR machine in New Orleans. Who gets his catches (i.e. runs the routes he used to run in the offense)? I'm thinking Lance Moore might benefit from this move. Thoughts?

Jimmy Graham.

Moore & PT, but then some of Moore's looks will also filter to Meachem and PT's carries will filter to Ingram. So, as mentioned in another thread, while players such as Moore & PT will likely remain around their average, Meachem becomes the ultimate benefactor as the only guy left on the team with the speed to really stretch the defense.