[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Girlfriend sez she's moving out...

staniels12

Most passionate interest she's taken in FF in 6 years! Now granted she works for a pit-bull rescue, but really? As if my drafting Vick would mean I somehow condoned his actions? I gave her the "points is points argument", but she would have none of it and called me back FIVE times to make me promise I wouldn't draft him! It's not like I would want to root for the scumbag (or the Iggles for that matter), but when has that ever mattered to any owner worth their salt? I also gave her the "remember the 73 inch TV I got us when I won BOTH leagues in 2009" argument, but she hung up on me! Could get interesting come draft day......

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What position are you in the draft??? Cause unless you are in position 9-12 in a 12 team league there are better picks to be made.

Also if you do end up with Vick, I'd show her all the things he's been doing to make up for his past mistakes. Heck he went in from of Congress last week to try and help pass bill to be able to arrest people who just watch dog fights.

Vick has serverd his time in prision and deserves this last chance to play football. One thing you won't ever see him do is a dogfood advertisment! if that is really true that she will leave you for somthing this stupid she's not ready for a relationship and she's going to find somthing else to leave you over.Save some time and kick her to the curb. There are too many other terrible men playing in the NFL to single him out. Yeah he killed some dogs and he's a terrible man for that. I don't want to have a drink with the man or have him over for a BBQ but I will draft him Because if I dont the guy next to me will and when we meet in the playoffs I will get smoked by Vick because my girlfriend has my balls in a jar and there is nothing I can do about it.

Edited by texanhooters

As a dog lover and a dog owner I think Vick can never make up for what he did no matter how much jail time he's done or how much community service he does. Give me a chance to make multimillion dollars a year and I'll preach to every kid in the world about whatever you tell me to say.

That being said- last year I picked up Vick as a free agent in all my leagues after week 1 just taking a chance and it paid off big. I was able to separate his actions from his stellar performance. I guess thats how the Philly fans deal with it too.

As a dog lover and a dog owner I think Vick can never make up for what he did no matter how much jail time he's done or how much community service he does. Give me a chance to make multimillion dollars a year and I'll preach to every kid in the world about whatever you tell me to say.

That being said- last year I picked up Vick as a free agent in all my leagues after week 1 just taking a chance and it paid off big. I was able to separate his actions from his stellar performance. I guess thats how the Philly fans deal with it too.

As a dog lover and owner who thinks Vick is most certainly a total POS for what he's done, I still believe in the justice system. And, if you're not going to either execute or put someone in jail for life, you need to allow him to earn a living when he gets out of jail. Otherwise, why let him out? And putting a cap on how much he can earn seems pretty Draconian.

That Vick happens to be good at something that pays a lot of money and doesn't directly involve teaching values to kids is fine with me.

If he got hired as a teacher, I'd be furious. But he got hired to do something as ultimately unimportant as advance a leather ball down a field while avoiding big strong dudes who want to take his head off.

Honestly, can you think of a better job for someone who obviously is into violence?

As a dog lover and owner who thinks Vick is most certainly a total POS for what he's done, I still believe in the justice system. And, if you're not going to either execute or put someone in jail for life, you need to allow him to earn a living when he gets out of jail. Otherwise, why let him out? And putting a cap on how much he can earn seems pretty Draconian.

That Vick happens to be good at something that pays a lot of money and doesn't directly involve teaching values to kids is fine with me.

If he got hired as a teacher, I'd be furious. But he got hired to do something as ultimately unimportant as advance a leather ball down a field while avoiding big strong dudes who want to take his head off.

Honestly, can you think of a better job for someone who obviously is into violence?

Count me in the minority of people who believes Vick is sincerely sorry for what he's done and is doing his best to live a good and honest life. I don't think we would have seen the drastic turnaround in his on-field performance were that not the case. And I think he's doing a great deal of good, talking to kids and speaking out not only against dogfighting but against going along with what your "friends" are doing when you know it's wrong. That's a lesson a lot of kids need to hear.

I've heard so many people say they will never forgive him, and that's their right, I guess. I just wasn't aware there were so many people who never made any mistakes in their lives.

I've heard so many people say they will never forgive him, and that's their right, I guess. I just wasn't aware there were so many people who never made any mistakes in their lives.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, those mistakes just don't include violently beating, torturing, fighting, and murdering animals. :wacko:

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, those mistakes just don't include violently beating, torturing, fighting, and murdering animals. :wacko:

Beat me to it.

And I've seen the video where one of the people who adopted one of his dogs wanted to talk to him. Sure, he was being sort of a dick about it but I guess I think that a guy who has done what Vick has done and is truly sorry for what he's done would still give the guy a minute or two. At least say, "Listen man, I am truly, truly sorry for what I've done, but this isn't the time or place". Instead it was basically "leave me alone".

And this is a guy who identified himself as someone who adopted and rehab one of the dogs Vick tortured. Not just one of the numerous random people who hates Vick.

In other words, he absolutely did not come off like a guy who was sorry for what he'd done.

At very least, he needs to keep his nose clean and move on. But, again, that is the absolute very least and he doesn't seem to be doing much more than that. Which is fine to a degree, but doesn't mean I have to like him.

But again, I've got no problem with him playing football.

Oh, and as for the OP. I do avoid guys who I hate to root for. Not if the value is just too good to pass up. Given how inexact a science drafting is anyway, I see no reason why I shouldn't skew my draft sheet even a bit so that d-bags and Cowboys (redundant, I know) have to fall at least a few spots further than they "should" to end up on my team.

It sounds to me like this is more of a "control" issue than a "Vick" issue and that this just happens to be the "current" issue.

If it's not that and it really is that sensitive of an issue to her, then I think you concede on this one. There are a number of good quarterbacks you can take (Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers for instance).

It sounds to me like this is more of a "control" issue than a "Vick" issue and that this just happens to be the "current" issue.

If it's not that and it really is that sensitive of an issue to her, then I think you concede on this one. There are a number of good quarterbacks you can take (Manning, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers for instance).

Screw that, if I'm in round 4 or 5 looking for a QB and those guys are gone and I want a good QB, I'm taking the best available. Do otherwise and you're not playing FF anymore, you're playing some other puss game where some stupid female animal rights nut is dictating how you are allowed to play. Why don't you just hack off your nuts and hand them over to her along with the remote?

Screw that, if I'm in round 4 or 5 looking for a QB and those guys are gone and I want a good QB, I'm taking the best available. Do otherwise and you're not playing FF anymore, you're playing some other puss game where some stupid female animal rights nut is dictating how you are allowed to play. Why don't you just hack off your nuts and hand them over to her along with the remote?

In what league of more than 4 teams are you expecting Vick to last until the 5th round? His ADP is 1.07. That's higher than I'd take him even if I didn't knock him a few spots because I don't want to root for him. But I'm guessing you won't be faced with the dilemma of whether or not to take him that late unless you're playing in a PETA office league.