[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Haynesworth Traded to NE for 5th Rounder

lennykravitz2004

Doesn't NE play a 3-4?

Yes.

I think last year the Redskins wanted Haynesworth to play the nose in their 3-4 - while the Patriots could still use Wilfork or someone else at that position.

The pats must have some plan to keep him happy and/or figure that a fifth round pick down the road is such a low cost that it's worth the risk.

I am sure he will play the 5 technique over the guard/tackle as a 3-4 end. Plus when they shift to the 4 man front, he will be a beast one on one in the middle.

If anyone can turn that pile of chit into a diamond, it is Bill Belicheck. That guy has a great track record of mentoring the problem children. Hell, I am surprised he hasnt signed Plaxico yet . . .

You gotta be kidding me.

no kidding. Why is it always the Patriots? Nobody else could have offered a higher 5th round pick? Of course this will work for NE and that defensive line is now a LOAD. They get a high 1st for Seymour and get Haynesworth for a 5th to replace him. Is their front office really that much better than everybody else's?

this move is like....i dont even know...i love it

there is so much young talent on this defense its crazy

mayo, spikes, j cunningham, mccourty, dowling, chung......theres ron brace too who could contribute....merriweather is in a contract year

i think this move, with the drafting of dowling, could give the patriots the potential to start playing defense more like the jets on passing downs...and less of that soft zone stuff......if dowling can lock down the other corner spot....you have mccourty and dowling doing work....and you could have al and vince eating up space and blockers while allowing other guys to be sent after the qb....doesnt mean theyll stop playing zone....but it could give them the potential to get more aggressive at times......was pretty hard last year when they lost bodden before the season....devin was a rookie...and they were running kyle arrington and darius butler out there.....arrington held his own...but hes not special....butler is horrible....they needed more depth at corner...

as mentioned...you could have some 4-3 looks with al....you could have him playing over the guard....you could have him lining up at end in the 3-4(if hes in shape...not every down...but enough)....he can do what big sey did...which is command doubles...eat up space and blockers

same way i feel about the offense....adding solder gives the pats two, big, athletic tackles....with mankins....and possibly 5th round pick marcus cannon at the other guard.....bjge, vereen, and ridley...this team has the potential to become a power running team...gives them options...so they dont have to rely on chucking the ball

this move is like....i dont even know...i love it

there is so much young talent on this defense its crazy

mayo, spikes, j cunningham, mccourty, dowling, chung......theres ron brace too who could contribute....merriweather is in a contract year

i think this move, with the drafting of dowling, could give the patriots the potential to start playing defense more like the jets on passing downs...and less of that soft zone stuff......if dowling can lock down the other corner spot....you have mccourty and dowling doing work....and you could have al and vince eating up space and blockers while allowing other guys to be sent after the qb....doesnt mean theyll stop playing zone....but it could give them the potential to get more aggressive at times......was pretty hard last year when they lost bodden before the season....devin was a rookie...and they were running kyle arrington and darius butler out there.....arrington held his own...but hes not special....butler is horrible....they needed more depth at corner...

as mentioned...you could have some 4-3 looks with al....you could have him playing over the guard....you could have him lining up at end in the 3-4(if hes in shape...not every down...but enough)....he can do what big sey did...which is command doubles...eat up space and blockers

same way i feel about the offense....adding solder gives the pats two, big, athletic tackles....with mankins....and possibly 5th round pick marcus cannon at the other guard.....bjge, vereen, and ridley...this team has the potential to become a power running team...gives them options...so they dont have to rely on chucking the ball

i see you love the ellipsis as much as the pats.

Having Haynesworth there makes me regret trading off the rights to Mayo. I think Mayo has an even bigger year then I expect now.. That is if Haynesworth produces at All Pro levels.

Why on God's green earth would you have done that anyways?