[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon to replace Rice?/

alexgaddis

I hear AP's retiring... just a rumor though. :wacko:

Maybe not, but he's probably pretty pissed:

Vikings | Adrian Peterson shocked Sidney Rice got away

Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:36:34 -0700

Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson said he couldn't believe the team let WR Sidney Rice (Seattle Seahawks) depart via free agency. "I din't think we wouldn't be playing together this year! WOW!" Peterson tweeted.

Maybe not, but he's probably pretty pissed:

Vikings | Adrian Peterson shocked Sidney Rice got away

Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:36:34 -0700

Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson said he couldn't believe the team let WR Sidney Rice (Seattle Seahawks) depart via free agency. "I din't think we wouldn't be playing together this year! WOW!" Peterson tweeted.

so is Rice totally healthy? do the vikes have a brain and the seachickens got a lemon

The Vikings are making a "serious run" at free agent James Jones, according to beat writer Judd Zulgad.

The Vikings have already been linked to Malcom Floyd, Braylon Edwards and Jones this morning. Stealing the talented Jones away from the division-rival Packers would be a nice get for the Vikes. He'd start right away opposite Percy Harvin and give Donovan McNabb an immediate deep threat. Jones is also a physical, chain-moving receiver. When focused, he's a top-25 NFL receiver.

I really think it has everything to do with Rice's health...the Vikes weren't ready to guarantee that kind of money to a player that might not ever be what he was two years ago...I mean if he had a year last year like the breakout year he would have been kept no doubt...