[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sproles

BearBroncos

I had a brief chuckle when I read that the Saints were on the table. Doesn't he cost about as much as it would have been to hold Bush?

It's just speculation due to the fact that they lost a similar player. I doubt the Saints are seriously after him unless they could get him cheap.

Vick+Jackson+Maclin+Shady+Sproles= a lot of speed and big trouble for defenses

I'd agree.. You also forgot McCoy on there.

Who gets the double coverage or who allows Vick to run up the cut??? Wow, that would be one scary offense.

I'd agree.. You also forgot McCoy on there.

Who gets the double coverage or who allows Vick to run up the cut??? Wow, that would be one scary offense.

Shady is McCoy :wacko:

Glad you asked BearBroncos...I was about to ask that myself...

Why would the Eagles be in the running? Don't they still have Harrison?

Harrison was let go yesterday....they are in the market for a RB and Sproles does well with returns which makes him that much more of a possibility....not to mention he perfectly fits our WCO...

Harrison was let go yesterday....they are in the market for a RB and Sproles does well with returns which makes him that much more of a possibility....not to mention he perfectly fits our WCO...

I didn't realize Harrison was released. What is it about him that teams don't like? He blew it up the few games he started in CLE then blew it up last year in a game or two with Philly. Seems like everytime he's been given the nod he blows up. What am I missing?

I didn't realize Harrison was released. What is it about him that teams don't like? He blew it up the few games he started in CLE then blew it up last year in a game or two with Philly. Seems like everytime he's been given the nod he blows up. What am I missing?

there might be something behind the scenes about him that teams don't like and I think Sproles can be even more explosive in this offense with his skillset ..

there might be something behind the scenes about him that teams don't like and I think Sproles can be even more explosive in this offense with his skillset ..

I love Sproles - ever since he joined the league I've been waiting for him to get a chance as a starter. The one year where he started the last several games (I think 2008) he played very well and then Turner stopped using him as much the following year. He's explosive and elusive. Would love to see him somewhere where he'll get more P.T.

I love Sproles - ever since he joined the league I've been waiting for him to get a chance as a starter. The one year where he started the last several games (I think 2008) he played very well and then Turner stopped using him as much the following year. He's explosive and elusive. Would love to see him somewhere where he'll get more P.T.

I'd have to believe that teams are afraid to use him more because of the fear that he wouldn't be able to handle the load. Also, he's perfect for what he did for the Chargers and would do for other teams - save him for a weapon out of the backfield in the passing game and for returns.

I'd have to believe that teams are afraid to use him more because of the fear that he wouldn't be able to handle the load. Also, he's perfect for what he did for the Chargers and would do for other teams - save him for a weapon out of the backfield in the passing game and for returns.

The ironic thing about that is that he's never been injured. And it seems that the smaller backs get injured less often in general. Maybe it's because they don't get tackled head-on as much because of their size or maybe my perception is wrong - but I don't think it is. Bottom line, I think that logic is flawed by coaches and I think Sproles would be a viable starter.

The ironic thing about that is that he's never been injured. And it seems that the smaller backs get injured less often in general. Maybe it's because they don't get tackled head-on as much because of their size or maybe my perception is wrong - but I don't think it is. Bottom line, I think that logic is flawed by coaches and I think Sproles would be a viable starter.

Yeah, I'm certainly not saying that he wouldn't be. However, I think teams are content to use him just the way he's been because he's very effective and fresh in that role. Using him more would wear him down and might make him less effective as a returner or in the passing game and honestly, teams are more likely to find a replacement for a inside banger than a player of Sproles' ilk/skill-set.

That's not true. In 2006 he spent the whole year on IR after breaking his ankle in the preseason.

Chargers want to resign him but not at his price or what someone else will overpay. Shame too. He's a great fit in this offense. I really don't think he's an every down back or even a starter. His skill set is really made for how the Chargers were using him. I wish him well where ever he goes...Unless it's in the AFC West.

FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports the Saints have agreed to terms with Darren Sproles on a two-year contract.

Forget everything I just said in the Bush thread. :wacko:

Sproles also worked out extensively this offseason with Saints quarterback Drew Brees. The two were Chargers teammates in Sproles’ 2005 rookie season before Brees signed with the Saints in free agency the following season

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/ju...longer-charger/

Edited by rajncajn

Forget everything I just said in the Bush thread. :wacko:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/ju...longer-charger/

Was a little shocked when I read this......I need his agent.

Sproles was the second-highest-paid running back in the NFL over the past two years, his $13.9 million trailing only Reggie Bush.

I'm hearing his new deal is actually 4 years, 14M (6M guaranteed) and not 2 years as originally reported.

Edited by myhousekey