[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kolb a Cardinal

rajncajn

For Cromartie & a 2nd

5 years $63 million, over $20 million guaranteed

WOW, Arizona opened the vault with compensation and contract. Surprised they gave a 2nd.

In the last 2 years Philly has signed Vick, and then traded their starting QB McNabb, and QB of the future (Kolb), for Cromartie and 2 2nds. Not a bad haul considering how good Vick turned out to be.

As an Eagles fan, I hope Kevin Kolb finds success in Arizona. I really liked the guy.

Never really was given a chance with the injury. I'l bet the Cards are praying he pans out given they broke the bank to get him.

Never really was given a chance with the injury. I'l bet the Cards are praying he pans out given they broke the bank to get him.

With that contract, they've invested the teams future for the next 5 years. A HUGE gamble. Granted, we don't know any of the out claused built in but the 20 million guarantee is pretty freaking crazy.

WOW, Arizona opened the vault with compensation and contract. Surprised they gave a 2nd.

In the last 2 years Philly has signed Vick, and then traded their starting QB McNabb, and QB of the future (Kolb), for Cromartie and 2 2nds. Not a bad haul considering how good Vick turned out to be.

I agree, more than fair return value in Cromartie and a 2nd. Though with Vick's injury history, Iggles fans better hope Kafka can carry the load when called upon.

this contract says a lot about how high the Cardinals FO is on Kolb as well as how much they want to make/keep Fitzgerald happy...

something tells me this might not have gotten done if it wasn't for Fitz....

and I really liked Kolb and wished the OL was better early on last season so he could get some time and while the Cardinals OL is nothing special, they aren't bad by any means...if Kolb gets some time, he has the weapons to hit there....so we'll see what happens..

I agree, more than fair return value in Cromartie and a 2nd. Though with Vick's injury history, Iggles fans better hope Kafka can carry the load when called upon.

I believe Kafka can perform if called upon but it's a little early for him right now so the Eagles will probably sign a veteran QB to back up Vick....

I also hope Kolb performs well in AZ to prove that the Eagles don't just have a bunch of system QB's (not including Vick) because I think Kafka will end up being great trade bait in a year or two...

Fixed....just a matter of time.

I sure hope not...VY couldn't handle playing in Tennessee....how's he gonna handle the pressure of playing in Philly?...he won't because he won't come here....

I'd rather have Bulger and that's saying ALOT...

I think ARI made the wrong move here. Orton for a 3rd rounder was the way to go. I hope Kolb learned how to throw it longer than 10 yards in the offseason.

he can throw it further when he has time....the Eagles OL may have been the worst in the NFL until Vick came in and kept the D honest - all they had to do was blitz and someone would get RIGHT in.....and even when not blitzing, Kolb was in trouble....

I remember seeing Vick getting blitzed his 1st game in and taking a snap out of the shotgun and immediately having to spin off a DE right when he caught the ball....I mean the OL was BAD...

I'm being a tad critical as a bitter drafter of Kolb last season. But seriously, I remember one game that he started last season, it was kind of windy and I swear he checked down most of the time. When he wasn't checking down, he was throwing it 7 yards or less. Reminded me of Brady Quinn when he got an opportunity in Cleveland. BAD. Of course against soft Ds he's pretty solid.