[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it just me?

BearBroncos

LOL, even with, I don't recall so much traffic of players among teams. I was thinking that it was just 4 months of movement rolled into 1 week, but how many players have changed hands compared to other years? As I said, it might just be me.

LOL, even with, I don't recall so much traffic of players among teams. I was thinking that it was just 4 months of movement rolled into 1 week, but how many players have changed hands compared to other years? As I said, it might just be me.

Compared to recent memory, there hasn't been an offseason lockout. I am sure that, coupled with our thirst for football, makes it seem as if the pace for free agent, draft pick, and undrafted pick signings, as well as trades, have been accelerated.

I would guess that it's the combo of all at once and the fact that many teams were likely structuring contracts so they'd end last year, given the uncertainty.

After all, if the cap was going to be lowered (or at very least, not go up as fast as it had been), you wouldn't want to be squashed up against it because of a bunch of big contracts you'd signed in the last year or two.

I would guess that it's the combo of all at once and the fact that many teams were likely structuring contracts so they'd end last year, given the uncertainty.

After all, if the cap was going to be lowered (or at very least, not go up as fast as it had been), you wouldn't want to be squashed up against it because of a bunch of big contracts you'd signed in the last year or two.

The "not knowing" on cap and FA rules etc really slowed last years reworking of contracts IMO for some front offices that were in disarray like MN (Yes my vikes). NOw we are compressing this whole process into a short time and you are seeing the "strong" franchises make deals, ie NE. They have better control in their coaching staff with turnover and player decisions thus they are able to get things done quicker.