[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Asomugha to the Eagles

DMD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm down if there's another cowboy fan who wants me allocate space to whatever they want me put there.

both teams have issues they could address. . .but i'll definitely take the birds this year.

say what you want, but with all your confidence, i detect a smidgen of fear. almost to a point where there's condensation and you can practically taste it.

but then again, whatever helps you sleep at night. . .

Edited by slainte

Thanks. I just did a quick Google search but didn't find anything. If it was a few years ago it may not be so easy to find.

I wouldn't expect it to be found...I can't even find articles that I posted here from less than a year ago but I fail at google so it could be me....

C'mon Dallas fanboys... You know you are scared now. The Eagles not only got my boy Nnamdi, they jacked Jenkins from right under Jerry's nose. If they add a quality LB somehow, even if they trade Asante for one, the defense is looking a loooot better. Tell yourselves what you want, but the Eagles are a legit contender for the SB. No one except the media and Vince Young are buying into the "Dream Team" jazz, and when all is said and done, The Eagles are the most exciting team in football right now. Super Bowl?? Who knows? But I am happily along for the ride! You can't say Lurie and Banner aren't going for it this year.

Vick, McCoy, Jackon, Maclin, Celek, Donald Lee, Cole, Jenkins, Babin, Nnamdi, Cromartie, Samuel, Chaney... Sounds pretty exciting to me!

I don't think Asante will be traded and I am starting to believe that we'll be seeing a ton of nickel packages....which eliminates the need for another LB....the only thing that is needed as I said before is a RT...

LMAO, Donald Lee is exciting. Chaney is exciting. Now I know your drinking the Kool Aid.

Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin and Celek

vs

Romo, Felix, Dez, Miles, And Witten.

Sorry i dont see Philly better than Dallas here. And I especially dont see their OL better.

As far as defense, there is no way of knowing yet. Andy hired his former OL coach to be his DC, while we got Rob Ryan who has more talent than he said he has ever had before.

But Im fine with Ware, Ratliff, Bradie, S Lee, Brooking, and Bruce Carter is going to be a beast as well. Newman and Jenkins were probowlers in 09, as was Spencer. We need safeties, and I think we get 2 of them.

Im sorry, but I cant tell you how stoked I am to have Wade gone, and Rob Ryan here to fix the D. You guys still have Andy Reid, who is very Wade like, no killer instinct.

I just have a confidence about the boys this yr. Nothing Philly is going to do to change that. Have fun winning the offseason, Id rather win when it matters. And last yr you won exactly as many playoff games as Dallas did.

how many playoff wins does Wade have as a HC?....both teams have playmakers so we'll see what happens....

exactly...so the comparison to Andy Reid holds no water...

Who has more playoff wins the past 2 years. wade or Andy. All of you wanted Andy gone after 09, and without Vick falling into their lap, Andy would have been fired last yr as well. To act like Andy hadnt worn out his welcome there, or that you didnt feel the same way about him, as we did wade was my point.

Edited by Brent

I smell sig line bet here... Who's with me on the Birds.. Regular Season record winner... I'm in!

Saying I have a confidence about my team is one thing, but taking a bet with no odds, when the odds are stacked against my side is a sucker bet. No thanks. That is like you saying you are confident about the 6ers next yr and me saying best regular season record, my Mavs or the 6ers. No way you would touch that bet, even if you feel they are in for a great season.

Who has more playoff wins the past 2 years. wade or Andy. All of you wanted Andy gone after 09, and without Vick falling into their lap, Andy would have been fired last yr as well. To act like Andy hadnt worn out his welcome there, or that you didnt feel the same way about him, as we did wade was my point.

you're really dancing with this one...taking the argument wherever you can to try and win it....does Wade have 1 playoff win in 2 years?....how many does he have for his career as a HC....1?....

Andy has double digit playoff wins....cut it out :wacko:

Saying I have a confidence about my team is one thing, but taking a bet with no odds, when the odds are stacked against my side is a sucker bet. No thanks. That is like you saying you are confident about the 6ers next yr and me saying best regular season record, my Mavs or the 6ers. No way you would touch that bet, even if you feel they are in for a great season.

:wacko:

• 2 months later...

given that hindsight is 20/20, why didn't Phi know or understand their weakness at the linebackers and safeties? Did they think stopping the pass was all that ws required of a D? Now they suck at that too, they tend to stop 1 key WR on opposing teams but then the others shine or step up.