[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

philly is having some fun

Bier Meister

Who is going to play LB, and protect Vick. Id think protecting Vick would be a priority, considering this team is 6-10 next yr if he gets hurt early on. Philly has turned into the Spankees trying to corner the market on every big name out there. Problem is they were 1 and done last yr, and havent addressed several of the holes they had a year ago.

Who is going to play LB, and protect Vick. Id think protecting Vick would be a priority, considering this team is 6-10 next yr if he gets hurt early on. Philly has turned into the Spankees trying to corner the market on every big name out there. Problem is they were 1 and done last yr, and havent addressed several of the holes they had a year ago.

funny coming from a cowboy fan. aren't they doing what your team does every year?

funny coming from a cowboy fan. aren't they doing what your team does every year?

Yep, win the division every other year, guess what this is that year again.

Who is the last big name Dallas has signed to big money. Jerry showed some fiscal responsibilty by not going over 4 yr and 40 mil for nnamdi. TO was the last big name player we signed and that was what 6 year ago, when Jerry was bidding against himself. Or Leonard davis close to that same time ago.

Edited by Brent

i really don't think that this is terrible this year given the circumstances of the nfl and the lockout. i think it is pretty fun to see where everyone ends up. some organizations are being more passive and that is fine. i wish my 9ers would have upgraded qb, wr, and cb.

From what I read the Cullen Jenkins deal can end up being a 1 year, 4M deal if the Eagles cut him after the 2011 season, so it's a low risk signing on their part.

Also, at the presser announcing the Jenkins signing when asked if the Eagles had more money to spend on players, Joe Banner said "Hell yeah". With all the signings, I have to start thinking that we are getting closer to being over the cap and we still haven't extended Desean. It's really pushing me to think we are going to trade Asante away.

NFL Network is now speculating that the Eagles are leading the way for signing Plaxico Burress.

Im loving the Eagles moves this year!!!

Edited by RJV

From what I read the Cullen Jenkins deal can end up being a 1 year, 4M deal if the Eagles cut him after the 2011 season, so it's a low risk signing on their part.

Also, at the presser announcing the Jenkins signing when asked if the Eagles had more money to spend on players, Joe Banner said "Hell yeah". With all the signings, I have to start thinking that we are getting closer to being over the cap and we still haven't extended Desean. It's really pushing me to think we are going to trade Asante away.

NFL Network is now speculating that the Eagles are leading the way for signing Plaxico Burress.

Im loving the Eagles moves this year!!!

I'll take Jackson in Minnesota if Andy Reid doesn't want him. The Eagles can even have Berrian in return.

Poor DeSean Jackson... would love to know what's been going through his head the past few days.

While I'm never supportive of hold outs... the guy is a top ten WR making 700k this season on the last year of his rookie deal? And because of his stature, he's much more likely to get hurt than a big possession receiver.

So I get where he's coming from - I just hope Reid & Co take care of him.

While they've done some incredible work over the past week, you gotta think losing DJax would be a HUGH error on the front office's part...

Philly homers?

Poor DeSean Jackson... would love to know what's been going through his head the past few days.

While I'm never supportive of hold outs... the guy is a top ten WR making 700k this season on the last year of his rookie deal? And because of his stature, he's much more likely to get hurt than a big possession receiver.

So I get where he's coming from - I just hope Reid & Co take care of him.

While they've done some incredible work over the past week, you gotta think losing DJax would be a HUGH error on the front office's part...

Philly homers?

I think the Eagles are concerned about the concussions. On top of that the guy isn't your typical #1 WR who will catch 80-90 balls. He is a guy who will have 50-60 receptions. He is a dynamic player and I want the Birds to sign him but they can't break the bank for him or it could come back to burn them.

Well Sarge does have a point. Lose Vick and win 6 games, max. Vick has played one full season without a game(s) missing injury. Good friggin luck with Vince.

again, my money is on Vick not making through the season and Young taking the starting role and doing well for Philly. The guy has skills and knows how to win. A change in scenery can do a lot for a guy when a lot of his issues are mental ones.

I think the Eagles are concerned about the concussions. On top of that the guy isn't your typical #1 WR who will catch 80-90 balls. He is a guy who will have 50-60 receptions. He is a dynamic player and I want the Birds to sign him but they can't break the bank for him or it could come back to burn them.

I pretty much agree 100% here. He is a dynamic playmaker that has done some spectacular things on the field (at receiver and on special teams)...and likely won a handful of games on his own with his speed.

that being said, we have a prototype of him with Jeremy Maclin. If we were to lose Jackson and sign a true possession WR, in some ways we'd be a tad more balanced from game to game, and not reliant on the big-play-or-bust. When the Eagles have tried to use Jackson in that possession-role, he has not produced, or worse, gotten hurt. We've had a ton of drives stall because there isn't a big WR on the roster who can fend of a defended and make a catch on 3rd-and-7.

I'd love to keep him, but for the top-10 money he will require, I wouldn't be terribly upset if we went in another direction. If I knew we could exchange Jackson for a Fitz/CJ/AJ/White type-WR, I wouldn't blink.

Im not a fan of VY either BUT, Reid has done a amazing job with QBs and getting VY on the cheap isn't a bad thing. Think of it this way, what if VY turns the corner and makes himself into a legit NFL QB? Now the Eagles have trade bait once again. Not to shabby on the Eagles part.

Edited by RJV

Think of it this way, what if VY turns the corner and makes himself into a legit NFL QB? Now the Eagles have trade bait once again. Not to shabby on the Eagles part.

They are paying him $5.5M this year....if all it turns into is a draft pick (likely a #3, at best), that is a pretty expensive price to gain a draft pick.

IMO, they signed him because they believe Reid/Morningweig can make him a contributor if indeed he is needed under center. That remains to be seen.

again, my money is on Vick not making through the season and Young taking the starting role and doing well for Philly. The guy has skills and knows how to win. A change in scenery can do a lot for a guy when a lot of his issues are mental ones.

Once a nickel head, always a nickel head. The book is out on VY, Reid or not. He will never be over a 50% passer and will never win over 50% of the games he is a starting QB in. Throwing motion still sucks and his accuracy is worse.

Once a nickel head, always a nickel head. The book is out on VY, Reid or not. He will never be over a 50% passer and will never win over 50% of the games he is a starting QB in. Throwing motion still sucks and his accuracy is worse.

I am not a fan of his, but hasn't he already won well more than 50% of his pro starts, and that as a young, inexperienced Q.B.?