[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones

SEC=UGA

Just istening to the local ATL sports radio... "...From watching him at practice over the past few days, he is already the most dynamic player on this Falcons team. He's looking sharper than Roddy..."

I know it's early, but, wow, that's saying quite a bit.

"According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock -- who's live in Flowery Branch -- No. 6 overall pick Julio Jones "may already be the most impressive player" at Falcons training camp. Mayock described Jones as "more explosive off the ball than they thought."

Matt Ryan told Mayock: Julio Jones is "stepping on these corners' toes in a heartbeat. I have to get the ball out more quickly."

Literally every report has just glowing praise for his athleticism, work ethic, and crisp route-running. Add to that, the kid just looks like a freaking beast in every picture I've seen. Very excited to see him take the field.

Just to make sure my boy AJ gets the love he deserves too:

Not to be outdone by Julio Jones, Bengals first-rounder A.J. Green is drawing raves early in training camp.

"He catches everything," writes Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson, "No one's covered him, and when he is, he jumps up and takes it away." Coach Marvin Lewis is already calling Green an "upgrade" on Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens. "He showed his physical prowess out there today," said Lewis while shaking his head. Safety Chris Crocker, a 110-game veteran, already has Green in the "upper echelon" of receivers.

Just like it's been ever since these guys came out of high school, it's going to be fun to watch these 2 compete for the top WR of their class.

Just to make sure my boy AJ gets the love he deserves too:

Not to be outdone by Julio Jones, Bengals first-rounder A.J. Green is drawing raves early in training camp.

"He catches everything," writes Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson, "No one's covered him, and when he is, he jumps up and takes it away." Coach Marvin Lewis is already calling Green an "upgrade" on Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens. "He showed his physical prowess out there today," said Lewis while shaking his head. Safety Chris Crocker, a 110-game veteran, already has Green in the "upper echelon" of receivers.

Just like it's been ever since these guys came out of high school, it's going to be fun to watch these 2 compete for the top WR of their class.

Now, if Cincy could find someone to get him the ball.

Tweet from Tony Gonzalez:

TonyGonzalez88 Tony Gonzalez

by wingoz

This kid Julio Jones is the real deal. He's the best incoming receiver I've ever played with. Come to think of it, it's not even close.

When you think about all of the stud WRs that the Chiefs had, this is quite a statement.

When you think about all of the stud WRs that the Chiefs had, this is quite a statement.

I thought about that as soon as I read the Tweet. Then again, the title of this thread is "Julio Jones, for what it's worth..."

Seemed like a perfectly relevant statement to post in here!

I am psyched. I got him at 1.03 in a 16-teamer, adding to an already lethal set of WRs (Colston, Maclin, Wallace, Welker). If he indeed is the real deal from the outset, that'll allow me to bump him up early and ship off one of those four for even more ammo. :wacko:

Also grabbed him in a best-ball league that drafted early. I think he'll be a consistent WR3 with WR2 upside... this year. Maybe more in the near future.

does this improve Ryan's ADP? Does ATL open it up more now with 2 outside options and solid TE or do they stay with their bread and butter of pounding the ball on the ground?

IMO Ryan is one of a few Qbs that could jump into that elite group that carry FF teams if they open it up more. He can still be gotten on the cheap as we say...

Ryan's roblem is he's not very good at making his progressions. If his first guy isn't open (Roddy), then he tends to make mistakes. He'll certainly have more opportunities for the first guy to be open, but I just don't see how this helps him enough to project him as an elite QB.