[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Rice

Ground Chuck

With Willis gone, Leech's arrival, and a decent looking schedule what do you see as the over/under for for total yards and total TDs for Ray Rice this year? Do you dare think that he may outperform the backs typically being drafted ahead of him? I'm thinking that the over under may be 2000 total yards /11TDs. What say you?

6th toughest schedule for RBs, not sure how 'nice' his schedule is. Of course, pre-season EOS isn't 100% accurate but still... I think he'll do better than last year barring injury. I think last season's stats are his floor, at least in the TD department, his yardage may be similar (or more).

I've got him just over 2000 total yards and 10 TDs which puts him at the #5 RB in my rankings. His 2009 season had him at 2041 total yards and 8 TDs. I think with McGhee gone his TDs go up a bit, but not into rediculous mid-teens. His EOS scares me a bit, but the studs always play through the EOS, thats why their studs. I think your numbers are about right for the O/U.

I'm starting to think Ray Rice is a top 4 pick.. Does anyone like him more than Jamaal Charles? (Who I think is a top 3...)

I have him exactly at 4:

AP

Foster

CJ

Rice

Forte (that's right).

I'm on the fence with foster and CJ - would rather have the 3rd pick than the 2nd so I wouldn't have to decide.

I have him exactly at 4:

AP

Foster

CJ

Rice

Forte (that's right).

I'm on the fence with foster and CJ - would rather have the 3rd pick than the 2nd so I wouldn't have to decide.

You know, I was almost suckered into "what does Brentastic know that I don't" but then I saw you posted this in the "Who should go 4th after the big 3" thread about 30 minutes after you posted the above. Way to cover your bases. If you can find a few more of these threads, you can almost assure yourself of nailing the prediction.

I can't believe I'm the only one so far to vote for Andre Johnson. Well I take that back, I guess greatness can't be had by all :wacko:

________ (insert top WR here) is the only one I know* will be elite at his position. As is always the case with WRs over RBs because there are so many more variables that can affect RBs negatively - mainly the fact that they take more of a pounding and more likely to get dinged, hurt or injured. While more opportunities increases the probability of good stats, it also increases the likelihood of injury among other things.

Edited by detlef

You know, I was almost suckered into "what does Brentastic know that I don't" but then I saw you posted this in the "Who should go 4th after the big 3" thread about 30 minutes after you posted the above. Way to cover your bases. If you can find a few more of these threads, you can almost assure yourself of nailing the prediction.

Nothing sneaky going on here, Det. I was really just posting my top 5 RBs in this thread, not actually my top 5 picks. Also, I flip-flop a lot right up until draft day. And although I stand by my top WR pick at the 4 spot, it would be a very tough call when the moment to draft arrives. Pre-season hasn't even started yet dude - I don't have my picks locked in by any means.

Nothing sneaky going on here, Det. I was really just posting my top 5 RBs in this thread, not actually my top 5 picks. Also, I flip-flop a lot right up until draft day. And although I stand by my top WR pick at the 4 spot, it would be a very tough call when the moment to draft arrives. Pre-season hasn't even started yet dude - I don't have my picks locked in by any means.

Better than a 10 speed in neutral.

Fair enough, I just thought that, given the response was to "I think Ray Rice is a top 4 pick" and you said "I have him exactly at 4". Followed up by your amazement that nobody besides you thought AJ was #4, that it was rather odd.

Fair enough, I just thought that, given the response was to "I think Ray Rice is a top 4 pick" and you said "I have him exactly at 4". Followed up by your amazement that nobody besides you thought AJ was #4, that it was rather odd.

I understand I have a lot of people on here gunning for me looking to call me out at the drop of a dime but when talking about football rankings before the pre-season even starts and trying to use that against me - that's reaching too far. I don't pay that much attention to what I type in regards to football projections so I'm surprised anyone else does. I was in RB mode, that's all. IF I were to draft a RB at the 4 spot, Ray Rice would be my guy... for now. I think he carries more risk than a top WR though. So if I'm drafting in any of my leagues, I'm rolling with AJ or CJ at the #4 spot as of this moment. Now it's on record for anyone who care :wacko:

His ceiling is a bagillion combined yards. But he will get less than that

:wacko:

That's hysterical. But as a Rice owner, I will take it!