[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikes cut Bryant McKinnie

MikesVikes

What a waste!!! Guy has been underachieving for 2 years now. I guess they move Loadholtz over to LT?? Or do they plug in Johnson? Only good news is they have CAP$ to maybe get nice FA?? Who is left out there?

I've always been under the impression that McKinnie was a stud LT. Is this not the case, Vikes homers? Being an AP owner in a keeper league, should I be worried at all?

That should be the case. He isn't very inspired at times. Everytime I went to camp and looked at him funny, he would snort at me. Yea, come over to my side of the fence and try that pal! :wacko:

He can play at a ahigh level but has not had the desire to do it. We signed the OT from Indy and I for one am pleased to be rid of Mt McKinnie if this is true. Take the $$ and get a solid FA player.

IMO Loadholt or the new guy can match Bryant's play based on his lack of effort.

What a waste!!! Guy has been underachieving for 2 years now. I guess they move Loadholtz over to LT?? Or do they plug in Johnson? Only good news is they have CAP$ to maybe get nice FA?? Who is left out there?

Nobody worthy of note at LT except Matt Light but I assume he'll be resigned by New England. There are a couple guys that could possibly transition in LG Justin Blalock (Atlanta) RG Leonard Davis (Dallas) or RT Sean Locklear (Seattle).

Edited by tazinib1

So, should I be worried (as an AP owner) Viqueen fans?

Well if you're going to insult us, why should be help you?

I wouldn't worry about it though. Peterson will do just fine.

I've always been under the impression that McKinnie was a stud LT. Is this not the case, Vikes homers? Being an AP owner in a keeper league, should I be worried at all?

He is a giant of a human being, but has been trying to get by on his size alone for too long now. When he combines his size with just a little bit of conditioning and effort, then he is an all-pro stud LT. Clearly he was not ready to put in the effort to play beyond the natural level that his size gives him this season. I'm sure he will be picked up by someone else quickly... but until he makes a commitment to move his body more than 1 foot in any direction, then he will continue to disappoint.

:wacko:

In related news, the life span of a Viking QB just went up 5 years.

Depends. The ones that are already collecting Social Security when they join the Vikings (Favre, Moon, McMahon, Frerotte, George and all the other superannuated old farts) might not make it another five anyway.

KFAN was talking this mornign that he had a "listed playing weight" of 335 and coming into camp he was just shy of 400!

Star Tribune (Souhan article) stated new HC LF talked to Mckinnie at end of last season about coming into camp in shape and ready... McKinnie had enthusiastically agreed, then showed up in worst shape of career. All Pro Talent, with zero desire.

So the chances of him signing with some one else are dependent on him dropping about 50 pounds in the next 2-3 weeks... IMO not likely.

Hope he took care of his money because he just gave away $5MM for this season and a ton more for the next few.

BU-BYE!