[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Ronnie Brown signed by Philly

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this has to put a hit on McCoy's value. Even if Brown is just insurance, there's no way they're keeping a talent like him on the sidelines.

Its going to be very interesting to see how many formations Reid can come up with to get Brown in the field. No doubt we'll see some pretty crazy stuff in terms of who is lining up behind center.

I really don't like the Eagles getting all this hype...all they are doing is aggressively filling needs and adding several playmakers to an already good team...

but this is not even half the battle....next there has to actually be chemistry and there will be a lot of new pieces that are starting at this pont and they have to build chemistry in a shortened offseason so I wouldn't be shocked to see the Eagles start off 2-2 stumbling out the gate while everyone tries to gel....especially on the OL/DL since we'll have 2 new starters on both fronts...

if Vick stays healthy, the Eagles will finish strong regardless of what happens in September and despite all the hype I'll say we have a 11-5 record...maybe 12-4 if the team comes together fast enough....I just hope the Harris signing means we keep Asante....we'll need him because without Asante, we'll just be a very good secondary (if that)....with Asante the secondary is flat out intimidating...

I don't really care what philly does, but if Jerry was signing all these guys he'd be getting SMOKED on these boards...

You know better than to complain about this. Everyone loves to hate the Cowboys and their fans regardless of how well or poorly they do. It's truly a compliment to see how jealous everyone is and should be taken as such. Don't get angry/upset, just smile from ear to ear.

yeah, but that's cuz your team and owner aren't anywhere near as classy and professional as PHI.

more...

Jarrad Page - DB - Eagles

Eagles agreed to terms with S Jarrad Page, formerly of the Patriots.

GM Howie Roseman's phone bill is going to be off the charts. Page was a reserve in New England last year, but started 37 games in Kansas City from 2007-09. The 26-year-old will add experience with two rookies in line to start at safety for the Eagles.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Aug 2, 8:50 PM

Eagles only starting one rookie at safety(Jarret), the other one is a sophmore(Nate Allen)

I don't really care what philly does, but if Jerry was signing all these guys he'd be getting SMOKED on these boards...

Really? :lol: Why?

If they signed Asomugha, it would have been huge. Weren't the Cowboys a potential suitor of his services? Yeah.

If they signed VY, at least it would have been a Texas kid coming home to play backup. But y'all don't really need a backup with Kitna there and McGee developing. And VY fits the Philly scheme, so it makes sense, and wouldn't have made sense for the Cowboys. So yeah, if he would have signed VY, it wouldn't have made much sense. But still... :wacko:

And yeah, if they would have signed Ronnie Brown, that might not have made sense with Felix Jones, Tashard Choice and DeMarco Murray currently rostered and set to set time.

So perhaps I'm just not sure what you're getting at here? We'd lambast Jerrah for signing good players? :tup:

Edited by darin3

Looks like Philly is pretty desperate to field a respectable team this year. No matter the wheels are gonna come off at some pont............That we can be sure of. I just hope we can be the pont of the spear when it happens. Week 8 sounds about right. So glad they are being hyped so high this year, it will make it so much better when we beat their a$$ not once but TWICE. :wacko:

Oh this is gonna be a great year of football.........

Were they that far below the salary cap? I knew Tampa was having to spend alot just to meet the new spending clause in the CBA, but I never heard anything about the Eggles having all this extra cash to spend. I don't care enough about the Eggles to research it, but maybe some Shark Vac from Philly can make a case.