[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Malcom Floyd

tazinib1

Leave it to AJ to let a cerifiable WR#2 go. His connection to Cam Cameron should seal the deal.

I haven't seen or heard anything in the media on negotiations with Floyd. The fact that another team hasn't signed him already is very interesting, and I still have hope that he'll sign with the Bolts. :fingerscrossed:

Floyd was apparently asking in the neighbourhood of $5M per year.

i agree that that is too much. but $3M per year should be reasonable.

from reports San Diego might not go to or above $2.5M per year.

i say pay him that little extra to keep his experience. you never know when

Gates will go down during the year and we've lost Sproles in the passing game too.

From the SD Union Tribune today:

:wacko:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robinson in, Floyd closer to out

In some ways, the signing of Laurent Robinson has nothing to do with the status of Malcom Floyd, in that Robinson is not the equivalent of Floyd and Robinson's arrival does not eliminate Floyd as possibility in San Diego.

In other ways, it has a lot to do with Floyd, as it seems the acrobatic receiver is on his way out of town and the Chargers needed another experienced receiver.

There are still other teams on the line, but the Baltimore Ravens appear to be the leader to acquire Floyd. The Ravens made Floyd an offer late Monday night that tops the $3 million per year that is the Chargers' ceiling.

Robinson comes to San Diego with a chance to be the No. 4 receiver and with a $685,000 price tag on a one-year deal.

The oft-injured Robinson was a third-round pick of the Atlanta Falcons in 2007. He was traded to the St. Louis Rams in 2008.

Robinson finished 2008 on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. A broken fibula caused him to spend the bulk of the 2009 season on IR. He caught 34 passes for 344 yards in 2010 and has 89 receptions for 1,000 yards in 38 career games.

He will likely fit in the Chargers' wide receiver rotation somewhere after the top three of Vincent Jackson, Patrick Crayton and Vincent Brown -- battling Kelley Washington and Seyi Ajirotutu for time.

In Baltimore, Floyd would be reunited with former Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.

Written by

Kevin Acee

4:11 p.m., Aug. 3, 2011

I wish him well, but that is too much for him. He is a great compliment WR to other, better WRs. But, when asked to step up as a true #1, he fell short of what was needed. He is too easily covered one on one and when locked up with an Aso, Revis, etc, he pretty much disappears completely.

With Rivers, VJ and Gates, all you need is capable bodies running around in the other spots and Rivers will find them. He showed that last year. The money can be spent better in other areas.

I wish him well, but that is too much for him. He is a great compliment WR to other, better WRs. But, when asked to step up as a true #1, he fell short of what was needed. He is too easily covered one on one and when locked up with an Aso, Revis, etc, he pretty much disappears completely.

With Rivers, VJ and Gates, all you need is capable bodies running around in the other spots and Rivers will find them. He showed that last year. The money can be spent better in other areas.

so an injury to one of the two and you're comfortable with what we have?

IMO its not that much money to ensure we have enough experience and ability on the field in case of injury.

bad decision here. Floyd isn't a #1 obviously but he has a long history with Rivers.

so an injury to one of the two and you're comfortable with what we have?

IMO its not that much money to ensure we have enough experience and ability on the field in case of injury.

bad decision here. Floyd isn't a #1 obviously but he has a long history with Rivers.

I hate losing Floyd, but the Bolts are eyeing Jerricho Cotchery who also has played football with Rivers. Signing Cotchery would add more depth at the wide receiver position.

I hate losing Floyd, but the Bolts are eyeing Jerricho Cotchery who also has played football with Rivers. Signing Cotchery would add more depth at the wide receiver position.

That's interesting. Last night at practice I heard a woman screaming "come on Cotchery"...for a minute there, I thought we had signed Jerrico. I was very confused :wacko: