[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

FWIW, Sproles has been blowing up Saints practice & the coaches have been equally impressed with Ingram.

That's not much of a surprise. He's a fast little bugger and I'm guessing the defenders are a step behind with training camp just opening. That said, I LOVE him in this offense. All of the good things Reggie Bush had minus all of the BS.

Saints are my pick to win the NFC this year and will likely take the Lombardi Trophy again.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mystery man in all of this is PT. Sproles will take Bush's spot, Ingram will get his touches and will be main RB by week 10(barring any injuries) if not sooner. So what does PT get?

The mystery man in all of this is PT. Sproles will take Bush's spot, Ingram will get his touches and will be main RB by week 10(barring any injuries) if not sooner. So what does PT get?

A new haircut so he looks nice helmet-less on the sidelines?

That's not much of a surprise. He's a fast little bugger and I'm guessing the defenders are a step behind with training camp just opening. That said, I LOVE him in this offense. All of the good things Reggie Bush had minus all of the BS.

Saints are my pick to win the NFC this year and will likely take the Lombardi Trophy again.

A step? Try 5 or 6 yards. From what I've read, any time he's had a LB or DL covering him he's had a big play.

That is a good question. I know he's one of the best in the screen game, but I can't imagine them using him just for that purpose.It'd be amazing to see all 3 on the field at one time. :wacko:

Sorry, I meant it more like "we'll learn more about his talent level."

I just don't think there's too much to take away from college success apart from "This guy MIGHT be a good pro." There's no Duke or Arkansas on his schedule this year.

which preseason game so I can make sure I watch.

I just don't think there's too much to take away from college success apart from "This guy MIGHT be a good pro." There's no Duke or Arkansas on his schedule this year.

If you watched his college career you should know about his talent level and it translates very well to the pro game. Barring injury you can take the MIGHT out of that statement. but there is Carolina twice.

I just don't think there's too much to take away from college success apart from "This guy MIGHT be a good pro." There's no Duke or Arkansas ]on his schedule this year.

Do you watch college football? :wacko:

Arkansas was the #36-ranked defense in college last season, and the SEC has some of the toughest defenses in the country, led by the cream of the crop.

Do you watch college football? :wacko:

Arkansas was the #36-ranked defense in college last season, and the SEC has some of the toughest defenses in the country, led by the cream of the crop.

Yeah, and none of THOSE guys made it to an NFL team this year. It's just a completely different ballgame. I reserve alllllll judgment on rookie RBs till the preseason games start. I mean...Reggie Bush was JUST the next big thing for the Saints. We need longer memories here :tup:

Yeah, and none of THOSE guys made it to an NFL team this year. It's just a completely different ballgame. I reserve alllllll judgment on rookie RBs till the preseason games start. I mean...Reggie Bush was JUST the next big thing for the Saints. We need longer memories here :wacko:

Wrong again, we never expected Bush to be a workhorse. We did expect a better return guy though. and we did win a Championship with Reggie.

Yeah, and none of THOSE guys made it to an NFL team this year. It's just a completely different ballgame. I reserve alllllll judgment on rookie RBs till the preseason games start. I mean...Reggie Bush was JUST the next big thing for the Saints. We need longer memories here :tup:

Wait, what? :wacko:

Wrong again, we never expected Bush to be a workhorse. We did expect a better return guy though. and we did win a Championship with Reggie.

Oh come on. That's some revisionist history there. If the Saints drafted Bush #2 overall to be a good return guy and not an impact offensive player, that pick is worse than the Raiders taking Seabass in the first round.

Oh come on. That's some revisionist history there. If the Saints drafted Bush #2 overall to be a good return guy and not an impact offensive player, that pick is worse than the Raiders taking Seabass in the first round.

Now that is completely different. And he was an impact offensive player when healthy. That you cannot deny. He drove DC' s crazy when he split out his first 2 years. Injuries and lack of confidence running the ball took their toll. But an impact guy and a workhorse guy are different in my book. Sproles is our impact guy this year.

That is not what he said. He said a "workhorse". That is different than just being a return guy.

Bush was drafted as a very dynamic impact offensive player that could play multiple roles. But being a 25+ carry bell cow pounder RB was never one of those roles.

Why wasn't Bush expected to be the 20+ carry back? I don't recall the quotes from the coaching staff/ownership of the Saints when Bush was drafted so I won't claim to know their motivation. But...why wouldn't they have expected him to be the workhorse back? And why would any team take that kind of player 2nd overall? No intelligent football person would do that. Bush got $26 million guaranteed. Sproles is getting $6 million guaranteed. None of that makes the slightest bit of sense. And I feel off-topic. Hahah.

Why wasn't Bush expected to be the 20+ carry back? I don't recall the quotes from the coaching staff/ownership of the Saints when Bush was drafted so I won't claim to know their motivation. But...why wouldn't they have expected him to be the workhorse back? And why would any team take that kind of player 2nd overall? No intelligent football person would do that. Bush got $26 million guaranteed. Sproles is getting $6 million guaranteed. None of that makes the slightest bit of sense. And I feel off-topic. Hahah.

Bush wasnt a workhorse in college (remmeber lendale White??) and there was a guy already in New orleans. Maybe you have heard of him? Deuce McAllister?

Do you recall Bush being in the backfield constantly getting fed the ball his rookie year? No. They used him elsewhere. Duece was the workhorse. So no they never drafted Bush to be a 20+ carry back. 20 touches a game yes, but not 20 carries.

If there aren't fans cheering their team on in the stadiums then they don't win games. Just look at Buffalo.

See rajn been taking lesson's from you. Getting better at this. only went off once, pretty good huh.

Which is one of the main reasons for the rookie wage scale that was just agreed to. It's not like Bush's pay scale situation was any different than any other 1st round rookie coming into the NFL. Also, Bush's contract was for 6 years, Sproles is for 4. Add 2 years of guaranteed money to that contract & you come up with a number at least a little closer to what Bush got.

Yessir!

Bush was never gonna be a workhorse back/have 20+ carries. That's what everyone who was everyone was saying as the kid entered the NFL. Duhh.