[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOS RB Update

SLAYER

.....-when we need to know which wine goes best with our cucumber sandwiches we''ll ask you,.....-but leave the football talk to the men.

Thanks again for adding so much to the board. :wacko:

And good call telling someone they have too much time on their hands... After you've made nearly 70 posts in a single thread.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone I follow on twitter from NOLA beat writers to national guys like Peter King have all been raving about Mark Ingram. I've also read that he's getting almost all of the first team reps. I've seen it debated here and other FF websites, but I think Ingram gets the bulk of the touches, PT gets in when Ingram is taking a breather and Sproles is in on clear passing situations.

I also think that Ingram is a top ten back with upside.

Good Call! :wacko:

Good Call! :wacko:

There really is no "real" purpose to this post by you other than to be, well, dickish.

PON was stating his opinion, he was wrong, it was from 8/6... He has probably realized on his own that he made the wrong prediction, no need to bring it up, IMO, except to be, well, dickish.

There really is no "real" purpose to this post by you other than to be, well, dickish.

PON was stating his opinion, he was wrong, it was from 8/6... He has probably realized on his own that he made the wrong prediction, no need to bring it up, IMO, except to be, well, dickish.

you're right...he's never been "dickish" to me over the years.

save your opinions for the tailgate.

So, in other words, you're tired of everyone following you around and calling you an a-hole?

you jumped into this thread around the 9th page and don't have much of a dog in the fight. it has been your M.O. over the last few years to jump into any thread i am in where there is a disagreement and take the opposing side. (in this case, yet again, the losing side.) -i'm not sure why you do this as i do not follow you around looking to oppose you.(besides, i would'nt know the first thing about which wine to serve with pate')...-always bitching and whininig, seldom if ever contributing, all while taking a stand on nothing. your shtick is tired, at least i'm not boring.

you jumped into this thread around the 9th page and don't have much of a dog in the fight. it has been your M.O. over the last few years to jump into any thread i am in where there is a disagreement and take the opposing side. (in this case, yet again, the losing side.) -i'm not sure why you do this as i do not follow you around looking to oppose you.(besides, i would'nt know the first thing about which wine to serve with pate')...-always bitching and whininig, seldom if ever contributing, all while taking a stand on nothing. your shtick is tired, at least i'm not boring.

Maybe i don't like your name. Maybe I don't like your avi. Or, maybe, the reason why I'm always on the other side of arguments with you is because I always think you're full of chight. I'll save you the trouble of trying to guess. It's door #3.

....sounds like a couple of Grinches around here failed to make the play-offs. :wacko:

Oh, and Ingram fell late enough in my draft that I felt he was worth the risk. Actually helped me win a game or two and I'm currently in the finals of the league I drafted him in. I just waived him today to give me another choice at WR this weekend.

So there's that.

-always bitching and whininig, seldom if ever contributing, all while taking a stand on nothing. your shtick is tired, at least i'm not boring.

An just how exactly have you contributed? All I've seen you do is come in here and ridicule folks for having a high opinion of Ingram and then crow like a rooster like you made some great prognostication. We may have been wrong, but at least we backed up our thinking with facts and tried to have a decent discussion about it until you came along and got feelings hurt because I called you silly for posting something that was misleading and untrue.

I really have never followed your posts & I generally ignore the pissing matches, so I may be completely wrong about you. If I am then I apologize. But if this thread is any indication of what you contribute to this site then I'll just do myself a big favor and disregard anything you have to say from this point forward.

Edited by rajncajn

That appears to be sole purpose of most of his posts.

Generally yours are as well, so I'd stop pointing fingers. And for what it's worth I've never seen you admit you were wrong, not in this thread and not in the Portis thread about 2 years ago when most of the people in this same thread jumped down my throat for questioning whether Portis was worthy as a top 10 RB pick. You and alot of the members posting in this thread turned it into a personal attack and it became a big pi$$ing contest. Lost in the shuffle was the fact that Portis sucked all year and no one had anything to say. I know you're a big wine expert and food critic, but you have a lot to learn about humility and sensibility. On that note Happy Holidays and good luck! :wacko::tup::lol::rofl:

Generally yours are as well, so I'd stop pointing fingers. And for what it's worth I've never seen you admit you were wrong, not in this thread and not in the Portis thread about 2 years ago when most of the people in this same thread jumped down my throat for questioning whether Portis was worthy as a top 10 RB pick. You and alot of the members posting in this thread turned it into a personal attack and it became a big pi$$ing contest. Lost in the shuffle was the fact that Portis sucked all year and no one had anything to say. I know you're a big wine expert and food critic, but you have a lot to learn about humility and sensibility. On that note Happy Holidays and good luck! :wacko::tup::lol::rofl:

Not in a million years would I expect Big Ernie to, once again, come to hooknladder's defense :rofl:

An just how exactly have you contributed? All I've seen you do is come in here and ridicule folks for having a high opinion of Ingram and then crow like a rooster like you made some great prognostication. We may have been wrong, but at least we backed up our thinking with facts and tried to have a decent discussion about it until you came along and got feelings hurt because I called you silly for posting something that was misleading and untrue.

I really have never followed your posts & I generally ignore the pissing matches, so I may be completely wrong about you. If I am then I apologize. But if this thread is any indication of what you contribute to this site then I'll just do myself a big favor and disregard anything you have to say from this point forward.

i offered plenty of facts. i never ridiculed anyone for their opinion in the pre-season. i think you're the one with the "hurt feelings" since Ingram did'nt work out. you say you never really followed my posts but i have always been respctful and even complimentary @ times until you got super defensive in this thread. your pre-season analysis was shockingly naive.

that being said, happy hollidays, and good luck the rest of the way in the play-offs,.........-if you're in them. :wacko:

i offered plenty of facts. i never ridiculed anyone for their opinion in the pre-season.

I can't seem to find them. Maybe they were some of the posts that got deleted. :tup: And I think Montster gave some pretty good examples of the latter. It seems to me that the majority of your posts have been antogonistic.

i think you're the one with the "hurt feelings" since Ingram did'nt work out. you say you never really followed my posts but i have always been respctful and even complimentary @ times until you got super defensive in this thread. your pre-season analysis was shockingly naive.

I've been wrong plenty of times before & I'm certain I will be wrong again. I certainly don't have any issue with admitting that, but I do take issue with someone coming in and throwing it in my face as if I was hiding under a rock somewhere. Especially considering the season wasn't even done and you didn't even bother to give any consideration to outside factors such as Payton admittedly holding him back and Ingram getting injured. As anybody here that knows me, I am always very quick to admit when I blow a call. I thought that my reasoning was pretty sound, regardless of my bias. In this case I was wrong for this season with Ingram. It still doesn't change my opinion on his long-term value. I made a similar argument for Jimmy Graham when someone (don't remember who) said the Saints TEs don't get enough touches for him to do much. I think that one turned out pretty well, but you haven't seen me bumping the thread and pounding my chest. I do appreciate the complement, but I think you muddy the waters a bit too much between being respectful and giving a little good-natured ribbing for my taste. Like I said, I don't really know you all that well, so your intent could have been totally misunderstood, but when other folks who I do know & respect come in and see the same thing as I then I tend to side with them.

that being said, happy hollidays, and good luck the rest of the way in the play-offs,.........-if you're in them. :wacko:
The same to you and yours. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Unfortunately I lost in both my playoffs. I made it in 2 of the 3 leagues I play, but in Fusion(dynasty) I had a down week the first week of the playoffs and in MSHB(IDP redraft) I stupidly sat Sproles in favor of Helu and got little help from my WRs. My local I completely busted having drafted Andre Johnson, McFadden, Miles Austin, Finley & Mike Williams (TBB) in my first 5 rounds of the draft. After two weeks of destroying the league, the injuries began to mount & my season was done.

I can't seem to find them. Maybe they were some of the posts that got deleted. :wacko: And I think Montster gave some pretty good examples of the latter. It seems to me that the majority of your posts have been antogonistic.

I've been wrong plenty of times before & I'm certain I will be wrong again. I certainly don't have any issue with admitting that, but I do take issue with someone coming in and throwing it in my face as if I was hiding under a rock somewhere. Especially considering the season wasn't even done and you didn't even bother to give any consideration to outside factors such as Payton admittedly holding him back and Ingram getting injured. As anybody here that knows me, I am always very quick to admit when I blow a call. I thought that my reasoning was pretty sound, regardless of my bias. In this case I was wrong for this season with Ingram. It still doesn't change my opinion on his long-term value. I made a similar argument for Jimmy Graham when someone (don't remember who) said the Saints TEs don't get enough touches for him to do much. I think that one turned out pretty well, but you haven't seen me bumping the thread and pounding my chest. I do appreciate the complement, but I think you muddy the waters a bit too much between being respectful and giving a little good-natured ribbing for my taste. Like I said, I don't really know you all that well, so your intent could have been totally misunderstood, but when other folks who I do know & respect come in and see the same thing as I then I tend to side with them.

The same to you and yours. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Unfortunately I lost in both my playoffs. I made it in 2 of the 3 leagues I play, but in Fusion(dynasty) I had a down week the first week of the playoffs and in MSHB(IDP redraft) I stupidly sat Sproles in favor of Helu and got little help from my WRs. My local I completely busted having drafted Andre Johnson, McFadden, Miles Austin, Finley & Mike Williams (TBB) in my first 5 rounds of the draft. After two weeks of destroying the league, the injuries began to mount & my season was done.

you say you can't find the facts? surley your're not suggesting i liked Ingrams' chances and you did'nt? you dismissed my opinion out-of-hand that Ingram could not possibly gain the stats people were projecting in this thread. (much of which was deleted as SLAYER will attest). unlike the other idiots in the latter pages of this thread, -i never had a problem with you. (and i've been around a long time....my original member # was lower).

good call on Colston a few years back...

bad call on Ingram.....

and of course, my Portis call was just MONEY.

you say you can't find the facts? surley your're not suggesting i liked Ingrams' chances and you did'nt? you dismissed my opinion out-of-hand that Ingram could not possibly gain the stats people were projecting in this thread. (much of which was deleted as SLAYER will attest). unlike the other idiots in the latter pages of this thread, -i never had a problem with you. (and i've been around a long time....my original member # was lower).

I said I can't find where you backed any of your thoughts up with any kind of thought process or facts. I dismissed your opinion and backed up mine with statistics & what I thought was going to be the trend this season. I was right about the trend, just wrong about the distribution.

I realize you've been around a long time & that wasn't meant as a slight towards you. There are a lot of folks that have been around here for a long time that I don't deal with all that often. So it's not a matter of me not knowing who you are, but more a matter of not knowing your personality all that well.

Edited by rajncajn

I said I can't find where you backed any of your thoughts up with any kind of thought process or facts. I dismissed your opinion and backed up mine with statistics & what I thought was going to be the trend this season. I was right about the trend, just wrong about the distribution.

I realize you've been around a long time & that wasn't meant as a slight towards you. There are a lot of folks that have been around here for a long time that I don't deal with all that often. So it's not a matter of me not knowing who you are, but more a matter of not knowing your personality all that well.

Ingram backed up my thoughts.

Sean Payton backed up your thoughts

this could also be said as i offer you the Saints formula for offense. -that being said, if Ingram had burst onto the scene with a little more authority Payton would have been compelled to give him more touches, however, in that offense, he will be confined to a role, barring necessity.