[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Best to Olin...

rocknrobn26

New Orleans...you got a great center. Treat him well.

I dread the 9/18 game as he will be on fire. :wacko:

He should have retired as a Bear. :tup::lol:

We are very happy to have him here in NOLA. Even after 3 successful seasons it is still a strange feeling to see all these quality players WANTING to come play for the Saints.

New Orleans...you got a great center. Treat him well.

I dread the 9/18 game as he will be on fire. :wacko:

He should have retired as a Bear. :tup::lol:

I for one, will not miss Kruetz one bit. Over the past two years Kruetz has been pushed all over the field and has been repeatedly goaded in to unsportsmanlike penalties by the opposing defense. The Bears originally offered Kruetz 3 mil, he demanded 5 mil, they in turn countered with 4 mil. Instead of taking a more than fair offer and finishing his career as a Bear, he became "offended" and threatened to retire.

He then went on the open market and got 2 mil (half of what the Bear offered) guaranteed, with the possibility of 4 mil with incentives. Good riddance.

I thought he was retiring. What the heck happened?

Favreitis!

I for one, will not miss Kruetz one bit. Over the past two years Kruetz has been pushed all over the field and has been repeatedly goaded in to unsportsmanlike penalties by the opposing defense. The Bears originally offered Kruetz 3 mil, he demanded 5 mil, they in turn countered with 4 mil. Instead of taking a more than fair offer and finishing his career as a Bear, he became "offended" and threatened to retire.

He then went on the open market and got 2 mil (half of what the Bear offered) guaranteed, with the possibility of 4 mil with incentives. Good riddance.

The penalties I'll agree w/ ( but he always was kinda of a thug)and his 2009 season w/ the bad Achilles tendon. But I thought his play last year was good. And you can't ignore his leadership and knowledge of the game and the other teams.

Favreitis!

The penalties I'll agree w/ ( but he always was kinda of a thug)and his 2009 season w/ the bad Achilles tendon. But I thought his play last year was good. And you can't ignore his leadership and knowledge of the game and the other teams.

Ehhhh, to be honest, I don't mind that he was thug. I also agree that he was one of the team leaders, but that's why the Bears offered more than he was worth (4 mil guaranteed). You really thought he had a good 2010? He was serviceable, but that's about it.

Edited by White lightning

Bears knew he wasn't going to accept offer. Was a pub move IMO.

Da Bears didn't really want him, thus the ultimatum. I'm sure Mike McCaskey still had his finger in it. What a dick.

W/ the new "O" line I felt he was valuable. God knows our "O" line is questionable.

Olin shoulda hung up his cleats, thus my comment on Favreitis. If nothing else he'll help train the NO "O" line. The guy is a major leader.

Glad to have him as well. I think Tenant will end up being a great center for us, but the coaching staff feels like he needs more time I guess. In the meantime Kreutz will provide a great example and hopefully light a bit of a fire under our tackles asses. He's certainly no step down from Goodwin, so I think we got a pretty good pickup.

Da Bears didn't really want him, thus the ultimatum. I'm sure Mike McCaskey still had his finger in it. What a dick.

W/ the new "O" line I felt he was valuable. God knows our "O" line is questionable.

Olin shoulda hung up his cleats, thus my comment on Favreitis. If nothing else he'll help train the NO "O" line. The guy is a major leader.

Because of the lockout and no off season practices, I woulda liked to keep him. But the other part of me says it's time for new blood and it's time for Tice to show what he can do with young guy. Let's goooo with it.

• 2 months later...

kinda bad timing to leave on a Friday. I mean Brees now only has 2 days to get used to a new center and that O-line has and RB's has 2 days to get used to a new Center.

You'd think he could tough it out for one more game to help his team.

kinda bad timing to leave on a Friday. I mean Brees now only has 2 days to get used to a new center and that O-line has and RB's has 2 days to get used to a new Center.

meh, Kreutz missed weeks 4 & 5 with a knee sprain....Brees is prolly just as used to his backup at this point :wacko:

I hate to say I told you so,,,, but I kinda did.

PS:Pro Football Focus rated him as the No. 31 center in the league so far this season.

Edited by White lightning

As a Bear fan I say F off to him. He was very good for a long time but you don't walk away from 2 teams in one year. He's :wacko:

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

As a Bear fan I say F off to him. He was very good for a long time but you don't walk away from 2 teams in one year. He's :wacko:

And I say the Bears could have kept him for one more year. "F off"...Pulease....The guy was a major force in the O line. At his worst he was better than most prior to this season. #31 center in the league??? Ya think being out 2-3 weeks is part of the reason?? We hire a NEW center and the guy can't handle it so we put a guard in there. Good tinkin'! :tup: Maybe a thug, maybe his skills were waning, BUT He got F'd by the Bears office. He was an anchor on the O line. Knew D's better than anyone. He was a leader, but that's what f'd him. Martz wanted Cutler to be the leader. C'mon...this is baby chit. I don't blame him for walkin'. He got kicked in the teeth by Martz. Realized he lost his importance/stature in NO, and quit.

I wonder if he even wanted the job in NO or was it his bloodsucking agent that pressed him into it?

Figger this out....we have a bad O line, soooo we drop our center(enter hole #1), pick up a Belichek cast off who can't do the job (hole #2), and then we can't figger out why the O line can't block chit???? Lunacy!

I'm done.

And I say the Bears could have kept him for one more year. "F off"...Pulease....The guy was a major force in the O line. At his worst he was better than most prior to this season. #31 center in the league??? Ya think being out 2-3 weeks is part of the reason?? We hire a NEW center and the guy can't handle it so we put a guard in there. Good tinkin'! :wacko: Maybe a thug, maybe his skills were waning, BUT He got F'd by the Bears office. He was an anchor on the O line. Knew D's better than anyone. He was a leader, but that's what f'd him. Martz wanted Cutler to be the leader. C'mon...this is baby chit. I don't blame him for walkin'. He got kicked in the teeth by Martz. Realized he lost his importance/stature in NO, and quit.

I wonder if he even wanted the job in NO or was it his bloodsucking agent that pressed him into it?

Figger this out....we have a bad O line, soooo we drop our center(enter hole #1), pick up a Belichek cast off who can't do the job (hole #2), and then we can't figger out why the O line can't block chit???? Lunacy!

I'm done.

I don't disagree with you on everything. I just feel like he quit on 2 teams in 1 short year. He took less to money to leave. What I heard was the Bears offered 3, He wanted 5, they offered 4, and he went to NO for 2. Poor Olin. Did his feelings get hurt? He was done but the Bears actually still needed an over the hill guy because the line was so bad. They obviously were willing to give him way more than market value. He was a so called leader but leaders on there last legs don't go out this way. Enjoy Hawaii Olin.