[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Smith Carted Off

Avernus

This time of year, plenty of players are carted off the practice field. Sometimes, it’s because of a serious injury. Other times, it’s just a precaution.

Folks in Carolina are currently wondering into which category receiver Steve Smith falls.

Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer reports that Smith has been carted off with an unknown injury. He walked to the sidelines under his own power before leaving the practice area.

Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com thinks it could be a head injury.

Stay tuned.

:wacko:

Good news, he just cut his finger. Nothing is broken or dislocated. Maybe he was tired and someone offered him a ride. It's 91 degrees in Spartanburg, SC with 52% humidity, so it's really not that hot, but I don't have pads on either.

Edited by electricrelish

Good news, he just cut his finger. Nothing is broken or dislocated. Maybe he was tired and someone offered him a ride. It's 91 degrees in Spartanburg, SC with 52% humidity, so it's really not that hot, but I don't have pads on either.

reports say he was cut.....apparently he has AIDS and they had to get him patched up immediately...

Good news, he just cut his finger. Nothing is broken or dislocated.

Apparently that is not accurate:

Panthers | Steve Smith has dislocated finger

Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:18:11 -0700

Updating previous reports, Carolina Panthers WR Steve Smith (finger) has been diagnosed with a dislocated finger, and he will require stitches. He is expected to be out for a week to a week and a half.

kffl

no, I'm trying to be hilarious.....and seriously why would he be carted off after getting a cut on his hand? :wacko:

There seems to be a lot of carting-off this camp, regardless of injury. In fact, Andre Johnson had the same injury and was also carted off.

And FWIW, this is supposedly ending Smith's camp... while it kept Johnson out for 3 days. :tup:

Oh, and poorly-tasting joke. :lol:

apparently, the dislocation popped the bone threw the skin :tup:

How is this not a big deal? Wouldn't he tear a ligament/tendon in the finger?

that's crazy because they said there was no dislocation.....that is just grotesque :lol:

and darin...hurry up and take a nap ::wacko:

that's crazy because they said there was no dislocation.....that is just grotesque :tup:

and darin...hurry up and take a nap ::wacko:

I actually just got up from one, thanks. I mean, come on. You couldn't think of anything funnier than an AIDS joke? Really?

There seems to be a lot of carting-off this camp, regardless of injury. In fact, Andre Johnson had the same injury and was also carted off.

And FWIW, this is supposedly ending Smith's camp... while it kept Johnson out for 3 days. :wacko:

Oh, and poorly-tasting joke. :tup:

I read he will be out 7-10 days...probably mainly because he needs stitches due to a dislocation.

I actually just got up from one, thanks. I mean, come on. You couldn't think of anything funnier than an AIDS joke? Really?

no, I couldn't...why else would someone be rushed off the field after cutting their hand and not breaking/dislocating any bone...

and to opie...your report is probably right because it is after the one I read...the later reports are always more accurate...

no, I couldn't...why else would someone be rushed off the field after cutting their hand and not breaking/dislocating any bone...

and to opie...your report is probably right because it is after the one I read...the later reports are always more accurate...

:wacko:

at the time I made my hilarious joke...it was said he didn't break/dislocate any bone in his hand and that it was just a cut.....didn't you read any of the other posts in this thread? :wacko:

then your post, above, was worded poorly... sticking to the theme in this thread, i suppose. :tup:

and yeah, i did read all the other posts, and none of them - except yours - made a joke about AIDS. stay classy.

Edited by darin3