[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good luck Seattle!

Hugh 0ne

Could TJax be the next Rich Gannon and figure things out later in his career? He could.

Could TJax become a better quarterback even though he no longer has Brad Childress coaching him up? He could.

Could MikesVikes win the powerball on Wednesday and then also again on Saturday? He could.

.....so you're saying there's a chance?! :wacko:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could play on the Field of Dreams, with Pro-Bowlers in every position on his team, against the Detroit Lions, and he would still suck.

But you guys jumping on the TJax bandwagon do crack me up, so thanks for that.

thanks for Rice BTW... :wacko::tup:

Seattle is doing a good job of building up the lines. Our O-Line was so thin we almost had to put tackling dummies out there to replace our line. Jackson will do fine in the system. He has a few good things going for him in the O-Line, Coaches, Tallent around him to catch. He will do fine. Its not like we have a bar that is set too high anyways.

Edited by 561427

HE had AD lined up behind him and 8 guys stacked in the box, and still couldn't find a hot rec to make them get out of it. Downgrade Lynch as he will see lots of bodies waiting for him. IMO

Downgrade Lynch from what? His horrible fantasy performance in Seattle last year?

Is Lynch going to average less than 1 yard per carry this year?

T-Jax was replaced by Gus Ferrottte in 2008 (the year before Favre) due to an injury and poor play and then when Gus got the Vikings into the playoffs Chilly put T-Jax in against Philly where he played horribly and lost. That was one of the reasons the Vikings went after Favre. Last year after seeing Sage adn T-Jax in minicamp Chilly sent Longwell, Hutchinson, and Allen to fetch Favre back. Then Chilly traded Sage and kept T-Jax!!

T-Jax had AD and a pretty good line and decent receivers when he was with the Vikings. Even last year after Favre got hurt T-Jax couldn't hold onto the starting job. (again injury adn poor play) He lost it to the rookie Webb who started camp as a WR!!!

But hey maybe he will be the next Steve Young...

This... was a very convincing statement. I have somewhat changed my outlook.

I believe it takes a few years to become an NFL Q.B. I know there are examples of success right out of the box, but generally this has been the trend.

Jackson got almost two years of starts. usually the light comes on towards the end of year three. Towards the end of his starts he started showing noticable improvement. The Vikings got impatient, however, seeing their window closing. Chilly got impatient because he saw his coaching window closing and because he makes Mike Tice look smart. They panicked and went and got Favre. This stunted jackson's growth and shattered his confidence.

I think the jury is still out on Jackson.

thanks for Rice BTW... :wacko::lol:

Seattle is doing a good job of building up the lines. Our O-Line was so thin we almost had to put tackling dummies out there to replace our line. Jackson will do fine in the system. He has a few good things going for him in the O-Line, Coaches, Tallent around him to catch. He will do fine. Its not like we have a bar that is set too high anyways.

:tup: Keep telling yourself "He will do fine". Denial is the first stage of grief.

thanks for Rice BTW... :wacko::tup:

. Its not like we have a bar that is set too high anyways.

Don't know about that. Ya'll are division champs that defeated the defending SB Champs in the playoffs. Don't think you will be seeing that repeated this year.

You're obviously not a Vikings fan that has watched his "progression" since he was drafted. Dude's dumber then a box of rocks. His brain isn't large enough to grasp the logic required to be a starting NFL QB. He has a strong arm and is a good athlete, but they won't be able to coach the dumb out of him.
This

Disagree completely. Childress did everything in his power to try and make the TJax experiment work, because Childress was the dumbass that moved up in the draft to take TJax way too early.

I think the only way a change of scenery would help TJax would be if he chose a different profession. And even then I'm not so sure.

And this

Mike Morris (KFAN/Ex Vike) stated Tjack is a great practice guy, a great lockeroom guy, a great all around teammate... but in the games he gets the deer in the head lights, I am paraphrasing but essentially he likes Tjack but not as a starting QB... I think Tjack will work hard, have flashes of getting it, but int he end he is not the NFL QB he was drafted to be. I agree with MM.

This, too.

:wacko:

Just because Jackson was taught the system doesn't mean he didn't already show he was lost in it. Look, for his sake I hope a lightbulb does come on, but he's had chances in the past to do so and continually showed he just couldn't do it.

Agreed.

There are some guys who have plenty of physical ability but just cant process the game fast enough in their head to be consistently successful. TJack is one of those guys, IMO. Has some tools, but the game happens too fast for his mind to keep up and he panics. For every nice play he makes here and there, there are plenty more of the :lol: and :tup: variety. In TJack's defense, the Vikings (namely Childress) mismanaged him pretty badly from the start, IMO, and that did him no favors. But he's had enough opportunity by now to show what he's got and I dont think its much.

Kfan discussed a typical Tjack move last night in the 3-5 completions and 2 sacks taken he had... He tried to escape the rush to the blitzing side, which was his right (NOT his blind side) and let his RT take the blitzer right into him for a sack... Thanks alot.

They have a very tough early part of the season. I think he'll be the starter by mid season.

exactly what i was about to say. He'll get a shot at some point. Might we see Portis of both the others fail? Probably too soon, but a chance.

I must be fair in my Tjack ripping that by all accounts he is a real quality indiviual. My best friend's son has SMA and TJack was one of the nicest guys in the lockerroom 2 years ago when they went down there and got to meet much of the team. That being said, SEA should still be looking for a long term option becasue he is not it. IMO

• 4 weeks later...