[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeremy Maclin

BearBroncos

There appears to be much more to this story that initially indicated. It's now being reported that he's going back home for further testing. It's still called an undesclosed illness, but at this point, I hope it's nothing more than a bad head cold.

Any homers hear anything or rumors of whats going on with the kid?

well he had a mono like illness and lost 15 pounds but apparently recovered from that, but now he is sick again.

A good sign though is he's been at practice the last 4-5 days and is doing light conditioning on the sideline with the PUP players. It must be a good sign as if it was anything serious he wouldn't be at practice and doing some running.

Also with the game today and an off day tomorrow I don't see what's wrong with him going for more tests.

"Maclin flew to St. Louis Thursday, Aug. 11, to meet with doctors to find out the specifics of his illness."

The above from the Huddle newswire makes it sound like Maclin allready knows what his illness is. Since it has not been released to the press one gets a bad feeling about this. He was the most passed to receiver in a west coast offense that passed almost 70% if all plays. Jason Avant gets a big nudge up in my book (he has had a great camp so far).

Apparently not even Maclin knows what the illness is.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8216..._headline_stack

NFL.com

Published: Aug. 11, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.

Updated: Aug. 11, 2011 at 01:05 p.m.

The health issue plaguing Jeremy Maclin remains a mystery to everyone, and the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver is taking further steps to explain it.

In the latest sign Maclin's situation is cause for concern, the receiver flew to St. Louis on Thursday to undergo more testing, according to WIP-AM Philadelphia.

According to the report, there's a belief Maclin might miss the start of the regular season.

Maclin attempted to downplay the seriousness of his situation earlier in the week when he called rumors of him dealing with a career-threatening illness "crazy."

In a potentially related move, the Eagles added depth to their receiving corps on Wednesday by signing former Giants wide receiver Steve Smith.

Maclin built on his promising rookie season with a fine 2010 campaign, finishing with 70 catches for 964 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Any homers hear anything or rumors of whats going on with the kid?

No. Nothing. So, either the organization knows what is going on and is respecting Maclin's privacy or they don't know what it is.. Either way they are not releasing any information on this.

Edited by Flypaste

:wacko:

You got a link for that? Last we heard, he's in St.Louis.

he was at practice all last week, we wasn't cleared for drills but was doing light conditioning on the sidelines with PUP players. Don't have a link but I'll try to find it, thought I saw it on philly daily news.

This is correct, and was reported widely amongst the Philly media.

The trip back to St. Louis was planned in advance.

I wasn't questioning that. The way delfamdelfam posted was he was already back from St.Louis. Thats all I was questioning there.

One theory I’ve heard floated by a couple of the talk radio folks/callers is:

He has an inflamed spleen, apparently a common, lingering effect of mono, thus full participation would be dangerous at this time. My problem with this theory is, if that is the case, why all the secrecy?

One theory I’ve heard floated by a couple of the talk radio folks/callers is:

He has an inflamed spleen, apparently a common, lingering effect of mono, thus full participation would be dangerous at this time. My problem with this theory is, if that is the case, why all the secrecy?

Why has Belicheck listed Brady on the injury report for every game of his career?

Okay, that's an extreme example, but the answer is strategy... Especially with teams already having far less preperation time for the beginning of the season, this is could be another way to keep them guessing on who they'll be gameplanning for...

Though as a Maclin owner, I am still definitely starting to get concerned...

Why has Belicheck listed Brady on the injury report for every game of his career?

Okay, that's an extreme example, but the answer is strategy... Especially with teams already having far less preperation time for the beginning of the season, this is could be another way to keep them guessing on who they'll be gameplanning for...

Though as a Maclin owner, I am still definitely starting to get concerned...

You've been a pretty solid poster over the past couple months, so I'll give you a free pass on this one. There is absolutely zero chance this is "strategy". Sorry, comparing this to what the Pats do with injury reporting is pretty darn silly.

You've been a pretty solid poster over the past couple months, so I'll give you a free pass on this one. There is absolutely zero chance this is "strategy". Sorry, comparing this to what the Pats do with injury reporting is pretty darn silly.

I appreciate the backhanded compliment, but I can take it as well as I can dish it out :wacko: ... To be clear, I didn't mean to imply that "strategy" is what I think is going on (like I said I'm beginning to get very concerned as a Maclin owner), just answering the previous poster's question of if it really is something so minor that they know shouldn't affect him for the season, the Eagles might just be playing head games with opponents by being tight-lipped.

But yea, I hear ya that's taking a leap, since losing 15 pounds and going for more testing does not sound like it's nothing...

What is this free pass you speak of???

Maclin flew to St. Louis to see his father- who is a doctor.

Funny how that little nugget does not get reported.

from Philly Inquirer:

Maclin returned to his hometown of St. Louis to undergo further testing. Reid was asked why the 23-year-old, who has yet to practice in training camp, needed to leave Philadelphia.

"His father is a doctor -- so that's a comforting feeling," Reid said. "So he'll have somebody there that he's very close to. His dad's got a good pulse on things, which we encourage."

Jeff Parres, Maclin's surrogate father, is a urologist in suburban St. Louis. Reid said he had no timetable for when Maclin would return to camp. Despite this apparent setback, Reid said that he believed Maclin would be back by the start of the season even though a diagnosis has yet to be made.

Edited by junta