[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 SOFA DRAFT

Pancake

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know 3 things with regards to the SOFA drafts:

1. WW is in the process of getting them organized (spoke to him about them via email late last night)

2. I am representing the huddle in the SOFA IDP draft

3. I have yet to be informed when the IDP draft or any of the others will take place.

EDIT: also know that these are the boards involved in the IDP draft and this also looks to be the draft order.

1. Footballguys.com

2. Fantasy Guru

3. Sports Grumblings

4. The Huddle

5. FF Mastermind

6. RotoExperts

7. Fantasy Sharks

8. FF Today

9. RotoWire

10. KFFL

11. Fantasy Insights

12. FantasyFootball.com

Edited by keggerz

What about the SOFA Classic draft ?

all the rest of the SOFA drafts are being set up...once I know they are all up and ready I will post their links too

(You also could just use the find a league at MFL and search SOFA and it will show leagues that have been set up...that is if you can't wait for me :wacko: )

Is there any money at risk here or is this just for "pride" draft/league ?

yes & no.....$50,000/site but it is paid by the site, not the drafter....drafters get 10% of any winnings

j/k

Edited by keggerz

Biggest surprise to me is CJ2K dropping to the 8 spot. Is that all about the holdout, or is there something else too?

I stopped him to say what's up as he passed by,.,,,didn't expect charles to make it to me and I am a bit worried about the holdout and that he could be more like last year than he was in 2009....was happy with charles because I thought I would be looking at Ray Rice, who I would have been happy with but I do have Charles ranked higher.

My, oh my! Look at the number of teams abandoning the "gotta get a stud RB" theory. I like it!

my pipe dream was for Nicks to slide to me at 2.9 but no such luck...feel very good about VJax as the alternative

edit: I think Nicks eclipses 100 catches this year...HUGH year upcoming for him, imo

Edited by keggerz

my pipe dream was for Nicks to slide to me at 2.9 but no such luck...feel very good about VJax as the alternative

edit: I think Nicks eclipses 100 catches this year...HUGH year upcoming for him, imo

Not sure the playoff format but Nicks has to go against Asomugha in week 16.

I am not sure if you guys are doing a straight 16 weeks or are you doing a regular playoffs where week 16 is the championship and that has me very worried for any of my leagues with week 16 championship games. To have your 1st round pick in most cases facing Asomugha that really hurts.

Thoughts on that ?

Not to mention he gets a total of 3 games against the top 2 corners (2 vs Asomugha and 1 vs Revis)

That is 3 games you may not even be able to start him.

I am not sure if you guys are doing a straight 16 weeks or are you doing a regular playoffs where week 16 is the championship and that has me very worried for any of my leagues with week 16 championship games. To have your 1st round pick in most cases facing Asomugha that really hurts.

Thoughts on that ?

Not to mention he gets a total of 3 games against the top 2 corners (2 vs Asomugha and 1 vs Revis)

Week 16 is the championship.

I drafted for The Huddle last year, got ripped by a :wacko: for the team I drafted, and promptly went 6-2 to start the season, finishing off at 9-4 in the regular season (tied for best record, and third highest in points) before having a somewhat weak Week 15, with our opponent having a huge scoring effort.

And FWIW, Vincent Jackson - in two games - had 13 catches for 159 yards and 2 TDs against the mighty Asomugha in 2009. Sure, V-Jax is a bit bigger than Nicks, but both are on par with the best WRs in the game.

As a Nicks owner in a few leagues, I'm not too worried about him getting his looks, even against elite coverage.

Edited by darin3

Thoughts on that ?

doesn't bother me at all...plus yu need to make it to wk16 ...and there are trades in this league, not many but an option

Week 16 is the championship.

I drafted for The Huddle last year, got ripped by a :wacko: for the team I drafted, and promptly went 6-2 to start the season, finishing off at 9-4 in the regular season (tied for best record, and third highest in points) before having a somewhat weak Week 15, with our opponent having a huge scoring effort.

And FWIW, Vincent Jackson - in two games - had 13 catches for 159 yards and 2 TDs against the mighty Asomugha in 2009. Sure, V-Jax is a bit bigger than Nicks, but both are on par with the best WRs in the game.

As a Nicks owner in a few leagues, I'm not too worried about him getting his looks, even against elite coverage.

Dont worry, most of us laugh at every draft you participate in every year, not just Sofa IDP last year. Luckily for you, Keg helped you here last year to keep things somewhat respectable.

Nice job so far here Keg.

Charles and Vjax are a nice start. And you should be able to get another quality RB/WR on the turn.

Got one of the three WR's I was eyeing up from when I got VJax...and I should say that I wasn't looking at RB or QB so no one else made a selection that changed what I wanted to do

Charles

VJax

Wallace

I am happy so far...hopefully next pass pans out like I think and hope it will