[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet

rhino

All,

The first release of the "Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet" is out. LINK

1. As in years past, there is a TE-REQD version, and a NO-TE-REQD version. Select the appropriate directory at the link, based on your league.

2. As in years past, there are 2 excel saved-versions of each spreadsheet. One is saved in the 1997-2003 version, and the other is saved in 2010 version of Excel. Unlike past years, this version was created in Excel 2010 and then a "Save As" was performed to get the 1997-2003 version. Unlike past years, there is no Excel 5.0 or Excel 95 version. I had a hard time getting Excel 2010 to save it in that version and maintain the minimum set of functionality to make it worth your while.

3. Please give thanks / props / slaps on the back / slaps upside the head to ts, who is responsible for making this year's spreadsheet possible. I am swamped with other duties / responsibilities / career / hobby / picking my nose, that this spreadsheet has now become an afterthought. ts volunteered to transition this spreadsheet ownership from me to him so that it may continue to live. We are currently in that transition period, where we're both working on different pieces. But, ts has done the majority of the work this year.

4. As in years past, there is no IDP functionality. Sorry.

5. For those who have used this in the past, get after it. For those who have no idea what this is, get after it. Just download it. Put your league's scoring rules in the "Scoring" tab, hit <F9> to recalculate the projected fantasy points for each player, and look at the results on the Rank tabs. Feel free to "weight" the different websites (fftoday, kffl, etc) as you see fit on the POS tabs (QB, RB, WR, etc), hit <F9> to recalculate, and see the results on the Rank tabs. There is a resulting 1-Page cheatsheet, which is sorted in the same manner as your Rank tabs. And there is a Draft tab, in which you can keep track of your draft, team-by-team. When a player is entered on the Draft tab, that player is automatically highlighted on the 1-Page cheatsheet (and Depth Chart) tab, to mark that player "off your list".

6. There are other tips-n-tricks. I'll let ts fill in the many holes I left here. I'll try to chime in the best I can when time allows.

Thanks ts!

Sick!!!! Thanks rhino, great work!

EDIT:

One quick question: Do you release updated versions of this awsum excel in the future? Cuz that would be xtra-awsum.

Edited by bostonsoxandy

Just a few extra notes & comments, since rhino covered the basics:

- as a reminder, you must have macros enabled in Excel, or the formulas will not work properly.

- the actual data was last updated on 8/7/11, so any NFL roster moves announced after that date will not be reflected in the file; users can update their own copy as needed.

- due to the short time frame this year, less unit testing than usual has been done; however, no glaring problems are expected, but there are no guarantees either ... see the link below to a thread from last season, which includes some tips/tricks and answers to a couple of FAQs.

- it is possible, but unlikely, that there will be additional updates this season. If there is one, we do not have a set schedule for any update in mind, it will occur as time permits - but again, an update is unlikely.

- some of the data included from various sites is now a couple of weeks old; users may want to consider 'weighting' the more recent projections more heavily.

- users should review the Release Notes tab, which includes a summary of which data elements were updated when, as well as some additional general comments on this year's file.

Link to last season's release announcement:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...;hl=spreadsheet

Edited by ts

Quite possibly the greatest thing ever. If it was updated on or close to August 25, It would be officially the greatest thing ever. (FF draft is on the 26th, :wacko: )

Thanks a lot to whoever put the time and effort into this.

On the draft tab, does it update automatically or do you need to keep pressing F9 for it to update? and should the player be removed from the drop down menu or will they stay there. i am checking out this nice sheet and those are two of the questions i have.

Thanks in advance and thanks to Rhino and TS!

On the draft tab, does it update automatically or do you need to keep pressing F9 for it to update? and should the player be removed from the drop down menu or will they stay there. i am checking out this nice sheet and those are two of the questions i have.

Thanks in advance and thanks to Rhino and TS!

Always use F9 to recalculate any time you make any change in data, including adding a 'selected' player on the draft tab - the player will be highlited in yellow on the One Pager tab as a result. The Draft tab player dropdown is always pre-populated from the player list on the matching Position tab, so the full player list will always be presented in the Draft tab dropdown.