[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Down Goes Frazia (Chris) needs our prayers

Brent

Thankfully, parapneumonic effusion, empyema was no George Foreman.

I remember when I was laid up after getting jumped and was reading the get well posts here at The Huddle. Very uplifting to say the least. Glad you are out of the woods.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fraz, you have gotten my vote as most respected Huddler many times. That is where you stand with me dude. I thought the Huddle was lesesened with your new lower profile in past two years. Of course, after family, the Huddle, your second family has more than just noticed your absence. Know it or not, you have more friends here then you know. You always took me at my word. News that you were ill was very, very bad news, but so glad it was a wake up call, not something worse.

Now.... get off the cigs. I was a 2 1/2 to 3 pack a day smoker only 5 months ago, tried to quit every which way fron sunday to do it, and failed EVERY time. I went to electronic cigarettes and went fron 3 packs a day to zero over night, and it was'nt even that hard to do. These things work if you get the right stuff. Sure, you will still have the nicotine addiction, but not the cancer causing toxins that cigs produce. It works.

I started a thread about electronic cigs when I started them here in the tail gate. It's time you joined the thousands that have quit using this technique when every thing else failed. PM me or find that thread. My health and my life has changed, and so can yours.

So happy to hear it is not the C..... now is the time to change it all up bud. I did it, and I was a lost cause.

Fraz.... you are a special person. Treat yourself as such. Take take of yourself. You are worth it to say the utmost least as it can be expressed.

Fraz, you have gotten my vote as most respected Huddler many times. That is where you stand with me dude. I thought the Huddle was lesesened with your new lower profile in past two years. Of course, after family, the Huddle, your second family has more than just noticed your absence. Know it or not, you have more friends here then you know. You always took me at my word. News that you were ill was very, very bad news, but so glad it was a wake up call, not something worse.

Now.... get off the cigs. I was a 2 1/2 to 3 pack a day smoker only 5 months ago, tried to quit every which way fron sunday to do it, and failed EVERY time. I went to electronic cigarettes and went fron 3 packs a day to zero over night, and it was'nt even that hard to do. These things work if you get the right stuff. Sure, you will still have the nicotine addiction, but not the cancer causing toxins that cigs produce. It works.

I started a thread about electronic cigs when I started them here in the tail gate. It's time you joined the thousands that have quit using this technique when every thing else failed. PM me or find that thread. My health and my life has changed, and so can yours.

So happy to hear it is not the C..... now is the time to change it all up bud. I did it, and I was a lost cause.

Fraz.... you are a special person. Treat yourself as such. Take take of yourself. You are worth it to say the utmost least as it can be expressed.

:wacko:

:wacko:Thet thread

And good luck in your recovery.

Good stuff Rovers & every word true. :wacko:

thnx Rovs...... i feel the same way about you bro.... this post made my day. :lol: As for the cigs..... they're gone / done / outta here. I'm not even going to consider the electronic stuff right now.... hopefully I can just 86 them all together. All I have to do is look at the photo's my surgeon took inside my lung. :wacko: If those don't make you quit nothing will. :tup:

thnx Rovs...... i feel the same way about you bro.... this post made my day. :lol: As for the cigs..... they're gone / done / outta here. I'm not even going to consider the electronic stuff right now.... hopefully I can just 86 them all together. All I have to do is look at the photo's my surgeon took inside my lung. :wacko: If those don't make you quit nothing will. :tup:

[guilttrip]Better yet, take a look at your kids. You don't want to just imagine what they will look like when they grow up.[/guilttrip]

thnx Rovs...... i feel the same way about you bro.... this post made my day. :rofl: As for the cigs..... they're gone / done / outta here. I'm not even going to consider the electronic stuff right now.... hopefully I can just 86 them all together. All I have to do is look at the photo's my surgeon took inside my lung. :wacko: If those don't make you quit nothing will. :tup:

The thing that finally made me quit for good 10 years or so ago was getting really, really sick. Not nearly as sick as you were, but here's hoping this quitting method works for you too. :lol:

well i'm not really sure where to start here except to thank all of you for your thoughts & prayers :bow: ...... the past few weeks have certainly been some the hardest days i've had to endure my whole life. I've not been too active here much the past couple years but reading this thread makes me realize that I need to be here more often.... I got to read some of this thread on my phone while still in the hospital & it literally brought tears to my eyes.... you arer all wonderful people. :brew:

As for my health..... the technical term for my condition is parapneumonic effusion, empyema. :wacko:..... more commonly known as a severe case of bacterial pneumonia. :lol: I also had a small growth on my right lung that had to be removed which by the grace of God was not cancer. what happened is i had a build up of fluid in my right lung & some of the fluid had hardened forming what my doctor called a "orange peel" substance around my lung not allowing it to expand, contract etc. Basically i've been work'in on 1 lung for a while now.... pretty f'n scary. :yay:

Bottom line ? complete & total lifestyle changes..... immediately. Years of abuse, smoking cigarettes, smoking dope, poor diet, poor exercise regiment finally caught up with me. :rofl: I just feel very fortunate that it was caught in time & I can begin to heel & get back to living. I've still got a chest tube in me with a little "fag bag drainage pouch' :tup: i have to carry around but hopefully that will get yanked out by then end of this week.

now it's time to get to some football stuff..... sure feels good to be back & thanks again for all your prayers..... they were answered. :brew:

Welcome back brother :rofl: