[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Mike Vick a QB

nuke'em ttg

Vick has always had a cannon for an arm. He just never worked to progress as a passer (or at anything other than skating by on his athletic gifts) while with the Falcons.

So yes, I'd say Reid obviously looks to be having a good effect on him, but it almost surely has to do with him actually giving a crap now (or at least it appears that way. We'll see after he gets his next big pay day).

I understand that he is listed as a WR in yahoo leagues.

This was funny, but...

He's listed as a QB in the Yahoo league I'm in.

...this was funnier. :wacko:

Vick has always had a cannon for an arm. He just never worked to progress as a passer (or at anything other than skating by on his athletic gifts) while with the Falcons.

So yes, I'd say Reid obviously looks to be having a good effect on him, but it almost surely has to do with him actually giving a crap now (or at least it appears that way. We'll see after he gets his next big pay day).

I'm sure Vick appreciates a decent offensive line too.

I was never a Vick fan but, with his new found ability to actually put the ball into the receivers hand he's about as dangerous a QB as anyone in the league. Maybe even moreso if he can stay on the field for the full season. The question will be if he can stay healthy while getting hit when he uses his legs. If he can, he's ready to pay off on the hype they gave him before he stepped onto an NFL field. As far as the past, he paid his dues, maybe he can stay away from the dogs.

I was never a Vick fan but, with his new found ability to actually put the ball into the receivers hand he's about as dangerous a QB as anyone in the league. Maybe even moreso if he can stay on the field for the full season. The question will be if he can stay healthy while getting hit when he uses his legs. If he can, he's ready to pay off on the hype they gave him before he stepped onto an NFL field. As far as the past, he paid his dues, maybe he can stay away from the dogs.

He has lasted in the past. I remember him being injured one game when he was still behind the line of scrimmage. He wasn't trying to make a big play. But we have seen him take big hits running and even jumping into the air and landing on his back at the other team's 3 yard line and still stay in for the next play. Which was usually a hand off to a RB in Atlanta. That team was built around the run.

3 INTs against the Steelers preseason defense. Taking Vick over Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning, Rivers is crazy.

Side-bet? barring injury, I'll take Vick over any of those QBs you mention. $5 for me for everyone Vick outperforms, $5 for you for each that outperforms Vick.

Standard QB scoring, 4 pts per TD pass, 1 pt/25 yards passing, 6 pts TD rush, 1 pt/10yards rushing.

Game?