[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poor-mans Crock Pot Chicken Parm..

AFRO

How'dy boys and girls

As we all know, football season is apon us. and so is football practice..(my girl's son is playing Jr tackle this year)

thus, dinner plans must be made in adv..

so I threw this in the 5qt croc to cook all day. took all of 10 min to prep.

1 can of diced tomato 12oz I think

1 can of tomato paste (small can, 6oz maybe)

then two cans of water using the paste can..although it was a touch runny so maybe 1 or 1.5 cans next time..

Seasoned with little

Season Salt, 2-3 tsp

pepper, to taste 1-2 tsp

chopped-onion *dried* about 2 tsp worth..

Rosemary sprigs *dried* (9-12 or so)

"Italian Seasoning" 2-3 tsp

pinch of sugar (maybe 1 tsp)

Stir up quick to mix the paste/seasonings with the diced tomatos.

Then I seasoned the chicken breasts (3) with Season Salt/pepper...tossed em in, covered them and set the croc to 1 (about 8am.) off to work..

when I got home from work around 4:00pm, I turn down to 'keep warm' setting, ...smelling great BTW!...

off to practice from 5-7

get home; House is Ripe with Red Sauce and Chicken monn!!

made some egg noodles for a base, chicken breast on top, sauced to the hills.. Mozzerlla over the top, to complete the feel..and peas on the side.

Washed down with a cold "MGD-64"

100% awesome for only about half hour prep time. (noodles)

lemme know if you try it/like it.

rate it on a 5 pt basis if you could.

Thank Ye

AFRO

click link ---> :tup:

Well, I guess next time I randomly post in the food topic, Ill search first.. :wacko:

for the record, I do favor the "Crispy Style" you noted in post #4 from the link..and that is typically the way I cook it ta-boot! but for the sake of time this knock off had to do. (did well too!) If I start that after 7bells, well...thats a long time to be smellin' chick-parm with just snack food in the gut, we would all be pretty pissed waiting..but when I mentioned doing a chick parm, my girl was like..That sounds great..and I though it did too, but the time factor..and thus the compramise in the croc.

oh well, cheers anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
Fwiw I wasn't laughing at you or your not looking up a 5 yr old thread. The reminder of this debate made me chuckle.

I remember this!!! :wacko: I was like, Damn Bier bustin' some balls! :tup:

I used to be real hip on PD's crock pot recipe of the week until Bier pointed out that at nearly every chain store in the country, there is a crock pot cookbook with everything PD posted!

I remember this!!! :wacko: I was like, Damn Bier bustin' some balls! :tup:

I used to be real hip on PD's crock pot recipe of the week until Bier pointed out that at nearly every chain store in the country, there is a crock pot cookbook with everything PD posted!

So I guess you could say PD was a thief. And by thief I mean plagiarist. You know. . . stealing people's recipes. Almost like stealing their money.