[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tomorrow's Supplemental draft may be delayed

Bronco Billy

Per GBN today

Rumor that supp draft could be delayed ... ESPN is reporting that the NFL may delay Wednesday's supplemental draft until later in the week while league officials sort out the eligibility of former Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor. Pryor, who continues to press for inclusion in this week's supplemenal draft, has even gone so far as to request a meeting with NFL Commissioner Ralph Goodell.

The NFL has circulated a list of players eligible for Wednesday’s supplemental draft and to far Pryor has not been included. At this time, 5 players are eligible for this week’s draft including Georgia RB Caleb King, North Carolina DE Michael McAdoo and Northern Illinois safety Tracy Wilson, whose names have already been made public, along with a couple of lower level prospects in Western Carolina CB Torez Jones and Lindenwood DE Keenan Mace.

Seems the NFL does not want to give players incentive to cheat by making them eligible for the NFL when they get caught. The NFL and the NCAA have had for the most part a long standing harmonious relationship and it looks like the NFL might be trying to help the NCAA with its enforcement policies.

Still tough to see how this will turn out, though. This would also fall into labor laws, which by now we all know all too well are very tricky.

Tell me about this Micheal McAdoo. Can he contribute this year?

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

The kid will sue the NFL if he isn't allowed. Whether that's right or wrong is up for debate, but he will sue.

he said that he informed the school or was it the NCAA of things he did that would make him ineligible....my question is, did he do those things before the draft and if so then he shouldn't be allowed in because that means he could have said I am declaring for the draft because I did some things that will make me ineligible to play this year....that sure looks like a way to circumvent the draft...what would keep a player in the future from doing something on purpose then telling the NCAA/School after the draft so that they can then enter the supplemental draft.

Tell me about this Micheal McAdoo. Can he contribute this year?

6'-7" 250 lbs

Declared ineligible at UNC in a plagarism scandal, lost his appeal to be reinstated.

Long on potential, short on answers. He was stuck behind Quinn and Coples, so he didn't get as much playing time as you would like to determine what he is capable of. Has some real burst as a pass rusher, probably could be incorporated into either a 3-4 or a 4-3. Will need to add some bulk to get meaningful time at the next level, but has the frame to put on 30 to 35 lbs. Won't be able to play OLB in a 3-4.

Guessing someone puts a 6th round pick against him given his potential, with the understanding that he's a project and is likely headed to a PS for at least a year.

Just announced on ESPN. Pryor is eligible and the draft will be held on Monday.

Stipulation is that he won't be allowed to practice nor play until week 5 of the regular season.

Edited by Big John