[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 QB Leagues

Endzone

For those who participate in a 2 QB start league where TD's are 6 points, performance and PPR 10 teamer what has been the drafing pattern for your league?

For example does picks 1-5 go to the top tier RBs then there's run of the top 10 QBs? Would you say that Vick or Rodgers will be 1st round picks or even the first 2 pick?

Just trying to get a feel for the avaliablity of at least 2nd tier QBs from the 3 round on or any successful strategies you might be able to share that has worked for you

10 team PPR. Starting reqs: 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex, K, D

4 pt passing TD

Rnd 1: 5 RBs, 5 QBs

Rnd 2: 7 RBs, 2 QBs, 1 WR

Rnd 3: 7 WRs, 2 QBs, 1 TE

9 QBs, 12 RBs, 8 WRs in the first 3 rounds. The top three teams all had two good QBs. I expect this year to be 7-3 QB's to RBs in the first round because people saw how well the top QB teams did last season.

Paging Big Country and/or Detlef in

You rang.

2 required QBs is one way to up the value of QBs for sure, generally making some viable 1st round options. Same advice applies to any other league though, do a basic value analysis using your leagues lineup requirements and scoring system to see where they do fall valuewise. Then, taking that information, and knowing your leagues' draft tendencies, you can develop a solid course of action. That may see you going QB/QB with your first two picks, or it may see you bucking the trend of the rest of the league and stocking up on RBs and WRs earlier.

As a general rule of thumb, I'd probably target my QB1 in the first 2-3 rounds depending on where I was picking in those rounds and who was still on the board, but, assuming the top 10-12 are off the board before my 3rd/4th round pick, I'd probably wait a while on QB2 as trends show that, even if they were picked in perfect order, I'm only looking at a very minimal drop in production from QB10-QB20 in most standard scoring systems, so if I am able to load up on better RBs and WRs while waiting an extra 3-4 rounds to take a QB that would only likely cost me 1-2 PPG, I would go that route.

As noted, that is just a general rule of thumb, your individual league dynamics may force that strategy to be altered.

10 team PPR. Starting reqs: 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex, K, D

4 pt passing TD

Rnd 1: 5 RBs, 5 QBs

Rnd 2: 7 RBs, 2 QBs, 1 WR

Rnd 3: 7 WRs, 2 QBs, 1 TE

9 QBs, 12 RBs, 8 WRs in the first 3 rounds. The top three teams all had two good QBs. I expect this year to be 7-3 QB's to RBs in the first round because people saw how well the top QB teams did last season.

Thats good information...Would you be able to tell me the order of players picked in Round 1? 1. AP 2. Foster 3. Rice 4. Rodgers etc and even Round 2 if you don't mind.

Its hard to get mocked 2 QB drafts or even participate in one

Thats good information...Would you be able to tell me the order of players picked in Round 1? 1. AP 2. Foster 3. Rice 4. Rodgers etc and even Round 2 if you don't mind.

Its hard to get mocked 2 QB drafts or even participate in one

1-Rodgers

2-Manning

3-AP

4-CJ

5-Brees

6-Brady

7-MJD

8-Rice

9-SJax

10-Schaub

11-Gore

12-AJ

13-Mendy

14-Turner

15-Grant

16-Romo

17-DWill

18-Greene

19-Colston

20-Rivers

I was team 4 and waited on a QB. I ended up starting A Smith and Henne (due to Stafford injury) all year. Even with Roddy, Megatron, CJ and Foster, I could not win.

The team drafting Schuab/Palmer beat out the team drafting Brady/Vick in the finals due to a ridiculous performance by Palmer in wk 16. The Brees/Romo team was unstoppable until Romo got hurt. Then she didn't have high enough waiver priority to get Kitna. The Rodgers/Rivers team was decimated by injuries at RB and exited the playoffs in the first round. Let me know if you've got other questions.

The top 5 QBs scored ~20 pts/gm whereas the top 5 RB/WR were scoring ~ 13 pts/gm. When you can start 2 QBs, the delta is hugh, for instance my POS QBs scored an ave of 10 pts/gm which was too much to overcome against the top teams.

Thanks Jets Fan...That was very helpful! If you do your draft before Aug 28th, I would be very interesed in the results of the first 3 rounds if you don't mind sharing and I will do the same.

What position do you have and are you planning on going with QB or best RB or WR available? I got the first slot and debating between Foster, Rice, AP and Rodgers. QB is a little deeper this year and probably will draft RB then get best available RB orWR in 2nd and best QB in 3rd. If I dont, I beliieve when the swing comes back in the 4th at least 20 QBs will be off the board.

Thanks Jets Fan...That was very helpful! If you do your draft before Aug 28th, I would be very interesed in the results of the first 3 rounds if you don't mind sharing and I will do the same.

What position do you have and are you planning on going with QB or best RB or WR available? I got the first slot and debating between Foster, Rice, AP and Rodgers. QB is a little deeper this year and probably will draft RB then get best available RB orWR in 2nd and best QB in 3rd. If I dont, I beliieve when the swing comes back in the 4th at least 20 QBs will be off the board.

we are drafting on the 28th. :wacko:

I am expecting the first two rounds to be ~ 1/2 QB with the other half being RB. I am thinking of going WR/WR just because of the value. I have the 10th pic this year. However, my QBs were atrocious last year, and I don't want to go through that again.

ETA: If I had the number 1, I would pick Rodgers without question. Based on our scoring, 20 pts/gm is untouchable by any other position.

Edited by jetsfan