[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Freeman Bendwagon

C-3PO

I think the Freeman hype is all of a sudden creating better values at QB. Looking at mock draft info, Freeman is being drafted on average nearly a full round ahead of Eli Manning. Eli threw for 4,000 yards and 31 TDs last year, yet is being surpassed in mocks by both Freeman and Stafford, as both have really strong hype trains. Yet there sits Eli, quietly listed as the #13 QB on average going in mocks. Now THAT is value.

I think the Freeman hype is all of a sudden creating better values at QB. Looking at mock draft info, Freeman is being drafted on average nearly a full round ahead of Eli Manning. Eli threw for 4,000 yards and 31 TDs last year, yet is being surpassed in mocks by both Freeman and Stafford, as both have really strong hype trains. Yet there sits Eli, quietly listed as the #13 QB on average going in mocks. Now THAT is value.

In my recent auction, Freeman went for $16, Eli went for $4. Mind you, that had something to do with when each was offered up for bid. But your point remains.

Drafted today. Auction. Eli went for $5. I took Freeman for $6. Lucky for me that my league didn't know how much I was jonesing for Freeman. I teamed Freeman up with Roethlisberger for $10. Not bad considering all the "top" QBs went for ~$80. With the cash I saved I blew it on guys like Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, "Shady" McCoy.

The one glaring stat you neglected to include is the one that makes me prefer Freeman or rather stay away from Manning... INTs. Eli threw 25 last year(avgs in the high teens) to go along with those yds and TDs and he's going into his 7th year. Freeman's 1st full year as a starter and he throws for 3500 yds, 25 TDs and just 6 INTs.

And, of course, let's not forget that Freeman had almost as many yards rushing last season as Eli has had in his entire career.

After the elite are gone I see Freeman as safe and solid with major upside. We've seen what Eli can do and it scares me away everytime I consider him.

The one glaring stat you neglected to include is the one that makes me prefer Freeman or rather stay away from Manning... INTs. Eli threw 25 last year(avgs in the high teens) to go along with those yds and TDs and he's going into his 7th year. Freeman's 1st full year as a starter and he throws for 3500 yds, 25 TDs and just 6 INTs.

And, of course, let's not forget that Freeman had almost as many yards rushing last season as Eli has had in his entire career.

After the elite are gone I see Freeman as safe and solid with major upside. We've seen what Eli can do and it scares me away everytime I consider him.

Well a lot of those INTS from 2010 hit his WR hands... but yes 25 is unattractive.

UNLESS you're playing MFL where there are no negative points for ints o.O (I'm in 5 of these and I have Eli in 4)

• 1 month later...